North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 07 May 2016

I now have a hotub at my dad's house!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 10 May 2016

Only in Japan:

Japan’s Osaka River turned into a giant sushi-train for one mouthwatering day

http://www.lostateminor.com/2016/04/14/japans-osaka-river-turned-into-a-giant-sushi-train-for-one-mouthwatering-day/

RE: Whats made you happy today? - biglugs@yahoo.com - 10 May 2016

On 5304 roite x35

Whats made you happy today? - James101 - 16 May 2016

[Image: 80245b64465147bbacb4510e97557667.jpg]

Been a good few years since I was issued with a ticked that looked like this! NXWM keeping it old skool,had to drop my fare into an exact fare box too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 16 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 10:20 am)James101 [Image: 80245b64465147bbacb4510e97557667.jpg]

Been a good few years since I was issued with a ticked that looked like this! NXWM keeping it old skool,had to drop my fare into an exact fare box too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I remember those boxes!

Fine when your fare was a quid. A bit rubbish when it's £7!

Whats made you happy today? - James101 - 16 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 11:02 am)BusLoverMum Oh, I remember those boxes!

Fine when your fare was a quid. A bit rubbish when it's £7!

I was a bit perplexed for a moment as I had holding a £5 (fare enough for a £4 fare?). Had to tip my wallet out for every scrap of change I had. Think I had about £3.96 but the driver took pity issued the ticket anyway. Also looked lost when the ticket printed out of a box mounted about shoulder height on the cab wall!

(16 May 2016, 11:14 am)James101 I was a bit perplexed for a moment as I had holding a £5 (fare enough for a £4 fare?). Had to tip my wallet out for every scrap of change I had. Think I had about £3.96 but the driver took pity issued the ticket anyway. Also looked lost when the ticket printed out of a box mounted about shoulder height on the cab wall!

I have no compunction about handing over a tenner for a £7 fare (driver should be glad it's a tenner, since most of the Lloyds cashpoints dish out mostly twenties), so a fiver for £4 is fair enough, yes!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - James101 - 16 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 2:51 pm)BusLoverMum I have no compunction about handing over a tenner for a £7 fare (driver should be glad it's a tenner, since most of the Lloyds cashpoints dish out mostly twenties), so a fiver for £4 is fair enough, yes!

Ooo controversial. Can't tell you how many unwanted packets of polo mints I've bought over the years to get change for the bus. Bring on contactless card payments for buses!

(16 May 2016, 3:19 pm)James101 Ooo controversial. Can't tell you how many unwanted packets of polo mints I've bought over the years to get change for the bus. Bring on contactless card payments for buses!

I use mobile tickets on my phone when I can and keep it stocked up with the £7 day tickets (same price as a return to Durham from where I live) but I don't like doing that if I'm travelling to certain areas as the mobile reception around parts of Teesside is terrible and drains the battery on my dual SIM phone in no time. And typically, none of the buses I'd catch over that way have charging points.

I am very considerate and do hand over £20.20 when I buy Big'un and myself explorer tickets, which come to £18.20, though Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 18 May 2016

The fact that I never have to do a proper lesson of RE ever again Smile I wouldn't say it was a waste of 5 years but it was definitely boring.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:41 pm)S813 FVK The fact that I never have to do a proper lesson of RE ever again Smile I wouldn't say it was a waste of 5 years but it was definitely boring.

I am VERY jealous because I am in Y7 at a Catholic school so I have much more to come...

Much rather drop PE, art or history though

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 9:08 pm)NK53 TKT I am VERY jealous because I am in Y7 at a Catholic school so I have much more to come...

Much rather drop PE, art or history though

Same here. There was no way that i was taking PE - i have biology for learning about the body muscles etc and if i want to know how to play certain sports, my friend Google can tell me the answers.

I'll still need to do a lesson a week of general RE next year as part of going to a Catholic Sixth Form but the main school examined RE is now over and done with.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 18 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum I use mobile tickets on my phone when I can and keep it stocked up with the £7 day tickets (same price as a return to Durham from where I live) but I don't like doing that if I'm travelling to certain areas as the mobile reception around parts of Teesside is terrible and drains the battery on my dual SIM phone in no time. And typically, none of the buses I'd catch over that way have charging points.

I am very considerate and do hand over £20.20 when I buy Big'un and myself explorer tickets, which come to £18.20, though Big Grin

I always try and hand over the correct change if possible, but if it comes down to it, I'll pay with whatever notes I have on me. Until such time that operators invest in contactless payment, then it's going to have to be a necessary evil.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 21 May 2016

Really pleased at how my doodles turned out.

.jpg
Heads.jpg
Size: 85.36 KB / Downloads: 10

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 21 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 9:18 pm)S813 FVK Same here. There was no way that i was taking PE - i have biology for learning about the body muscles etc and if i want to know how to play certain sports, my friend Google can tell me the answers.

I'll still need to do a lesson a week of general RE next year as part of going to a Catholic Sixth Form but the main school examined RE is now over and done with.

I go to a Catholic High school and I do:
CAD 1x per fortnight
DT 3x per fortnight
Drama 2x per fortnight
Science 6x per fortnight
History 3x per fortnight
geography 3x per fortnight
RE 4x per fortnight
Music 2x per fortnight
English 6x per fortnight
Maths 6x per fortnight
Spanish 3x per fortnight
French 3x per fortnight
PE 4x per fortnight
Art 2x per fortnight

The life of a Y7 pupil :s 
Add to that 5x Versas and 20x metros Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:34 pm)NK53 TKT I go to a Catholic High school and I do:
CAD 1x per fortnight
DT 3x per fortnight
Drama 2x per fortnight
Science 6x per fortnight
History 3x per fortnight
geography 3x per fortnight
RE 4x per fortnight
Music 2x per fortnight
English 6x per fortnight
Maths 6x per fortnight
Spanish 3x per fortnight
French 3x per fortnight
PE 4x per fortnight
Art 2x per fortnight

The life of a Y7 pupil :s 
Add to that 5x Versas and 20x metros Tongue

I'm guessing CAD is similar to IT (i can only relate it to Graphics where CAD means Computer Aided Design)?

My lessons in Year 7 seem to be pretty similar to yours. Using the same timescale, i had:

2x IT, 4x DT, 6x Science, 6x English, 6x Maths, 4x RE, 6x History/Geography (2:4 ratio for half the year before splitting - collectively branded 'Humanities'), 2x Music, 4x PE, 2x Art, 2x Spanish, 2x French.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 12:04 am)GMitchelhill Really pleased at how my doodles turned out.

Bit late to reply like but you have some skill - really like them! I'd love to be able to just draw like that but stick men is about as far as I can get...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 21 May 2016

Technically yesterday now, but... Finally caught one of these in Darlington working a early morning run to Middlesbrough.
[Image: 27062715402_fc1680b043.jpg]TransPennine Express: 185123 by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Also enjoyed riding some Olympain's again.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 25 May 2016

My dissertation is officially done, 11166 words and 55 pages later, only took 5 months and loads of work.... Tongue

NO MORE UNIVERSITY WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 25 May 2016

(25 May 2016, 8:40 pm)Michael My dissertation is officially done, 11166 words and 55 pages later, only took 5 months and loads of work.... Tongue

NO MORE UNIVERSITY WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Be nice to put it behind you.

Do you not have a viva to do?