North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm)Dan Well remember that as they're totally different buses, the livery design will need to be updated to match the new vehicle - that is, of course, assuming it's not a totally different design!

Ye, i hope they can do something good with the livery on the Citaro, i like the name "Pronto" but the design is rubbish.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm)Michael Ye, i hope they can do something good with the livery on the Citaro, i like the name "Pronto" but the design is rubbish.

Smacks of something thrown together in 5 mins based on the Italian connotations of the word.... I would expect to see a new brand completely based along the lines of the current re-designs (new agency being used?).

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 8:03 pm)tyresmoke Smacks of something thrown together in 5 mins based on the Italian connotations of the word.... I would expect to see a new brand completely based along the lines of the current re-designs (new agency being used?).

Although I agree that the Pronto brand is perhaps one of the cheapest looking brands, I do like the font used. Ethnocentric if anyone is interested.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm)aureolin Although I agree that the Pronto brand is perhaps one of the cheapest looking brands, I do like the font used. Ethnocentric if anyone is interested.

Is that similar to the one used on Connections 4?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm)citaro5284 Is that similar to the one used on Connections 4?

I'm about 99% sure it is.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 6:55 pm)citaro5284 Whilst I totally understand the traditionalists, is it not time to move on from liveries from years gone by.

To some people using the X21, they will not have a clue what OK Travel or OK Motor Services was. Lets move into 2013, and put the previous liveries into the history books.

The OK Expressway has only recently finished (and we still have the OK Way with the people of Evenwood and Cockfield desperate for it to be extended there as the Arriva 6 is diabolical and it would only take one extra bus) and most thought it a great livery. The X21 is historically more or less the main route of OK and local people have an empathy with it. The Venture is being updated now with two out of three colours of the traditional livery. I'm not advocating a return to the exact liveries of the former Northern constituents such as Tynemouth and SDO, but using them as the basis for a modern brand retaining some historic local relevance like the new Venture, which now I've had a closer look I like - apart from the silly "strapline" under the name, rather irrelevant as most V buses don't go very far.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm)aureolin Although I agree that the Pronto brand is perhaps one of the cheapest looking brands, I do like the font used. Ethnocentric if anyone is interested.

How very Star Trek!

Not keen on an OK revival. As much as I dislike the pizza chain design used with Pronto I've faith that GNE are no longer designing brands on MS Paint

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 10 Nov 2013

(10 Nov 2013, 3:47 pm)andreos1 Just having a quick neb on the fb page and it appears there have been problems with the 60 today.

No idea what or how, but there seem to be a few unhappy passengers querying missing buses

The diversion for the Remembrance Parade in Ryhope was pretty lengthy and I suspect that might have sent the Drifter's a bit squiffy as the moans all seem to be around lunchtime and closure was on until 12.30 I think

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 11 Nov 2013

First two Versa's out on the 34 / 34A this morning are 8302 and 8305.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/10795783656/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 11 Nov 2013

Northern MPD on M2 (running onto M3) in Birtley a short while back was standing room only.
I suspect it was possibly connected with it being the first bus for many, after 9.30...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 11 Nov 2013

8309 has not yet been debranded, but has indeed been allocated to service 39.

Noticed the Silver Arrows have had their blinds updated so that the 2A/2C now have a blue square background. Much better!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 11 Nov 2013

Roads in Stanley closed after a fire at Wongs Chop Suey House at the bottom of Front Street.
Will affect a number of GNE services.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 11 Nov 2013

8306-8309 have indeed been allocated to service 39. All have been out, 8306 in a purple base coat, 8307/8308 have lost drifter vinyls and are in a green base and 8309 however retains its drifter vinyls. An Un-ID SPD made up the rest of the 39 allocation today with 8319 on 36A's this morning.
Drifter has been abysmal today. All day buses have been running in pairs, quite literally two buses every 20 minutes rather than one every 10! I've travelled on the 60 three times today, all three were late.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 11 Nov 2013

Fleet news from GNE:
As we know, 8302-8305 have gone to Chester. Allowing 4862, 4864, 4865 to be out of service. (We now know that they will soon be on Lumiere duties then will be withdrawn. This also allows, 8216 to been transferred to Deptford, thus meaning 8222 is withdrawn.
603, 604, 606 have indeed gone to Washington (605 oddly remains at Deptford). 527-529 withdrawn as a result.
522 has been withdrawn from Peterlee, with 540 going from Deptford to Peterlee to cover the loss.
3873 has also gone to Percy Main from Chester-Le-Street.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 11 Nov 2013

(11 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm)Liam NL63 YAV and NL63 YAW both arrived today in orange, while NL63 YAY arrived today in red.

Northern red for spare allocation vehicle?

(11 Nov 2013, 5:03 pm)cbma06 Northern red for spare allocation vehicle?

Yes Chris - one of our GNE representatives confirmed it a while ago (see post here). This ignited further discussion as to whether it's possible the same will be happening for the Fab56 and Cobalt Clipper too (see here).

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 11 Nov 2013

(11 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm)Dan Yes Chris - one of our GNE representatives confirmed it a while ago (see post here). This ignited further discussion as to whether it's possible the same will be happening for the Fab56 and Cobalt Clipper too (see here).

Sorry, those posts must of went straight over my head Angel

(11 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm)cbma06 Sorry, those posts must of went straight over my head Angel

Easily done, haha! Smile

I do still quite like the idea of the Northern spares though. If it's helping get rid of the older vehicles as well as improving the state of branding affairs as of late, I can't see how anyone would think it's a bad idea!

Due to an incident on the Byker Bridge, the number 1 is operating along Fossway and up Cradlewell bypass