North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 8:44 am)Liam Notice the lack of 'Northern' branding on the B10 timetables, including the B10 itself.

Never noticed, good spot
They seem to be going really slow uploading the new timetables, couldnt they just upload them all at once?

Some reason it wont let me edit my last post

timetables uploaded continued
X3 - really limited service
X35

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 8:58 am)Michael Some reason it wont let me edit my last post

timetables uploaded continued
X3 - really limited service
X35

Service 90 & Fast Cats X36 now online.
East Durham 208 timetable is wrong upload as it's the Durham guide which means the 208 is hourly across route when it's actually half hourly to Easington.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 07 Jan 2014

What a pathetic, pointless service the new X3 is. Which lunatic would design a timetable like that? Three Saturday journeys run only from Newcastle to not even the edge of Fulwell where the Newcastle Road joins the Shields Road. Last Mon - Fri run to Newcastle is lunchtime and there's a journey from Monkwearmouth at 09.19 so biddy passes can't use it. It is MENTAL and the company should be ashamed. The rot which set in 18 months or so ago in the design of their services and timetables is spreading.

And the X3 isn't run by just one vehicle so the reason it stops at Monkwearmouth isn't as I had assumed because that was as far as the bus could get in the time available, but it presumably runs empty into Sunderland and does something else. It is perhaps the worst case of bus service design I can remember. Why not just kill it off now. The X3 was a perfectly good service when it first started, although it did suffer from the disappearance of buses at school times, but even after it was cut to hourly to Newcastle it was quite well used - better than X36 for intermediate passengers between Sunderland and Boldon.

(07 Jan 2014, 10:58 am)Greg in Weardale And the X3 isn't run by just one vehicle so the reason it stops at Monkwearmouth isn't as I had assumed because that was as far as the bus could get in the time available, but it presumably runs empty into Sunderland and does something else. It is perhaps the worst case of bus service design I can remember. Why not just kill it off now. The X3 was a perfectly good service when it first started, although it did suffer from the disappearance of buses at school times, but even after it was cut to hourly to Newcastle it was quite well used - better than X36 for intermediate passengers between Sunderland and Boldon.

From what I can see;
Board 1:
7:30 Monkwearmouth-Newcastle
Runs dead to depot to pick up a scholar. Then returns onto the X3's.
9:19 Monkwearmouth-Newcastle
10:00 Newcastle-Monkwearmouth
There's a gap.
13:19 Monkwearmouth-Newcastle
14:00 Newcastle-Monkwearmouth
Picks up a scholar.
17:20 Newcastle-Monkwearmouth

2nd board;
Picks up the scholar.
10:19 Monkwearmouth-Newcastle
11:00 Newcastle-Monkwearmouth
Then there's a gap.
12:19 Monkwearmouth-Newcastle
13:00 Newcastle-Monkwearmouth
Picks up scholar.

Very strange workings. I can't quite make out if I'm right with what I've said, and the gaps in the middle of the day are strange. Not sure what buses will be used. I've guessed that these will interwork with the scholar the 99 used to do, 'board 1' pick that one up. I've said before about a scholar in Seaham which uses an MPD, it's possible that this bus will now be used on X3's during daytimes.
I can't see anything more than MPD been needed for this service I'm guessing we'll see 547 & 542 used on this with 544 & 561 used on the 99. Obviously with the East Durham branded examples, 541 & 543 been used on 238's. This does mean all Deptford MPD's are required daily with only 1 spare at Peterlee. I can see shortage of these vehicles in coming months, maybe more cadets on some MPD routes?

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 10:29 am)Greg in Weardale What a pathetic, pointless service the new X3 is. Which lunatic would design a timetable like that? Three Saturday journeys run only from Newcastle to not even the edge of Fulwell where the Newcastle Road joins the Shields Road. Last Mon - Fri run to Newcastle is lunchtime and there's a journey from Monkwearmouth at 09.19 so biddy passes can't use it. It is MENTAL and the company should be ashamed. The rot which set in 18 months or so ago in the design of their services and timetables is spreading.

Maybe you should apply for a job........

(07 Jan 2014, 11:15 am)CatsFast101 From what I can see;
Board 1:
There's a gap.
Picks up a scholar.

2nd board;
Picks up the scholar.
Then there's a gap.
Picks up scholar.

Very strange workings. I can't quite make out if I'm right with what I've said, and the gaps in the middle of the day are strange. Not sure what buses will be used. I've guessed that these will interwork with the scholar the 99 used to do, 'board 1' pick that one up. I've said before about a scholar in Seaham which uses an MPD, it's possible that this bus will now be used on X3's during daytimes.
I can't see anything more than MPD been needed for this service I'm guessing we'll see 547 & 542 used on this with 544 & 561 used on the 99. Obviously with the East Durham branded examples, 541 & 543 been used on 238's. This does mean all Deptford MPD's are required daily with only 1 spare at Peterlee. I can see shortage of these vehicles in coming months, maybe more cadets on some MPD routes?

They'd have been better using one bus and running it two-hourly all day.

29/39 timetables still to be uploaded, arguably the two most important ones left to be uploaded particularly the former. Blaydon Racers, East Durham, Ten, Fab56, ToonLink 32, Lime, diamond still to be uploaded too.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 07 Jan 2014

The way 'some' people go on you'd think the X3 was some super route operated by fleets of constantly packed double deckers

Sunderland and its outyling surburban bus routes are not the centre of the universe

nb - the last sentence is not a dig at some of the enjoyable debate that has taken place on the topic

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm)gtomlinson The way 'some' people go on you'd think the X3 was some super route operated by fleets of constantly packed double deckers

Sunderland and its outyling surburban bus routes are not the centre of the universe

nb - the last sentence is not a dig at some of the enjoyable debate that has taken place on the topic

What you going on about man, Marley Pots, Monkwearmouth and Carley Hill is Gods Country, Capital of the World Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm)gtomlinson The way 'some' people go on you'd think the X3 was some super route operated by fleets of constantly packed double deckers

The Newcastle - Sunderland via Newcastle Road route, was and never has been a successful operation (either now or in its previous lives).

However, the new timetable seems silly and a waste of a driver, vehicle and fuel.

Not sure what purpose it is meant to have.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm)andreos1 The Newcastle - Sunderland via Newcastle Road route, was and never has been a successful operation (either now or in its previous lives).

However, the new timetable seems silly and a waste of a driver, vehicle and fuel.

Not sure what purpose it is meant to have.

I think its down to the pensioners and the councillor in the East Boldon area which would lose the direct link to Gateshead and Newcastle.

I think GNE 2 consulations ago, were thinking of cancelling the X3 to bring the passengers onto the X36 between Newcastle and Sunderland

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 11:15 am)CatsFast101 From what I can see;
Board 1:
There's a gap.
Picks up a scholar.

2nd board;
Picks up the scholar.
Then there's a gap.
Picks up scholar.

I think the workings will be the other way:
Board X3/1
Light to Park Lane, driver's break
Light to Monkwearmouth
Picks up scholar.

Board X3/2
Picks up the scholar.
Light to Park Lane, driver's break
Light to Monkwearmouth
Picks up a scholar.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 10:29 am)Greg in Weardale What a pathetic, pointless service the new X3 is. Which lunatic would design a timetable like that? Three Saturday journeys run only from Newcastle to not even the edge of Fulwell where the Newcastle Road joins the Shields Road. Last Mon - Fri run to Newcastle is lunchtime and there's a journey from Monkwearmouth at 09.19 so biddy passes can't use it. It is MENTAL and the company should be ashamed. The rot which set in 18 months or so ago in the design of their services and timetables is spreading.

Obviously the passenger numbers haven't been high enough, so they've looked at what are the busiest journeys that people use. All you ever seem to do is complain... That's ridiculous, what's the point of running a service that gets little passengers?

Still waiting for the 29 timetable to be uploaded

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 07 Jan 2014

So if the X3 is Pathetic and Pointless, What is your opinion on the 27X then, As I would think the Service Design is pretty the same.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 3:14 pm)Michael Still waiting for the 29 timetable to be uploaded

Looking through the timetables, I really like these North Sunderland changes, unlike to other changes in the North Sunderland area.

X3 - It's not really bad, I suppose it's because the passenger numbers throughout the time Go North East have operated it, passenger numbers haven't been as good as expected. If the service is popular enough to get a upgrade in frequency next year, that that'd be a bonus! But overall, I don't think it will work. It is a good idea having that express service though.

X36 - I like it. I hope people will use this service more, as it has a brand etc. Also, I hope more passengers will use the service as a ''local'' bus if you know what I mean, rather than using the 4 around Downhill and Hylton Red House. Personally, I think the service will work this time, but I think it should stop on New Bridge Street or Pilgrim Street for two reasons, first one being taking more passengers from the X34. And people might get on it who use the long 56, who didn't know about the service?

9 - Nothing spectacular, but overall good. I think the 15 minute service between Jarrow and Sunderland is fantastic, though.

29 - Well, this service again, will hopefully take a few passengers from the Stagecoach services. I think the links to Doxford Park/Doxford International are also good, but I think the service should omit Park Lane (in addition to the ''Laser'' services) to speed up the journey times, as more people will wish to board the service in the City Centre, rather than Park Lane. I'd also like to see the 29 replace the 38, because I think the 20 minute service along the 39 is sufficient.

39 - Nothing much to say about this one...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 07 Jan 2014

"Drifter" Streetlite 5372 has working Wi-Fi today. The first example I've been on with working Wi-Fi.

With the Wi-Fi working on all four "Fab Fifty Six" vehicles which are now out in service, I think we can safely assume that the parties involved in the fixing of the Wi-Fi have indeed managed to fix it, and the fix is being gradually rolled out across the fleet. It took long enough, but better late than never.

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 07 Jan 2014

(07 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm)Dan "Drifter" Streetlite 5372 has working Wi-Fi today. The first example I've been on with working Wi-Fi.

With the Wi-Fi working on all four "Fab Fifty Six" vehicles which are now out in service, I think we can safely assume that the parties involved in the fixing of the Wi-Fi have indeed managed to fix it, and the fix is being gradually rolled out across the fleet. It took long enough, but better late than never.

Maybe that's why some fab56 B9s were sent back to saltmeadows?