North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1529)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Diamond One - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 8:01 pm)S813 FVK Close to getting myself papped today. Good job it went past a few seconds earlier! https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/19186164293/

I walked out of the interchange building when 9119 was sitting at the lights just after the mini-roundabout with 6007 behind it.

didn't realise you was there on another note 8315 is now branded although it was a rear shot i will be getting shots of the full set not this Thursday but next photo for evidence https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/19619231050/in/dateposted-public/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - G-CPTN - 18 Jul 2015

Looking over the technical specifications doesn't suggest that there would be much difference between 'performance'.
Power and torque are within 10% (with the benefit being cancelled by the transmission efficiency).
One has an angle-drive and the other an in-line drive and automated manual gearbox and both seem to be similar unladen weights (as far as I can tell). 

http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/daimler-engines-wrightbus-targets-euro-growth/2/

http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/operators-bus/

I'd like to see comparative acceleration figures (as well as fuel consumption) - that will be what the engineers, the managers and the accountants will be studying.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - G-CPTN - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 8:02 pm)South Tyne Lad I would compare the Streetdeck to the VDL Gemini DL.....

With the Streetdeck only having a 5.1 Litre Daimler with a 4 speed Voith the bus will need a very big turbo to get enough power to move a Double Deck same as the Gemini 2DL and once the massive turbo tires out, You end up with a blown,gutless wreck that can barely go 20mph.

The E400 having a 6.7 Litre Cummins with a 6 speed ZF Ecolife will need a relatively smaller Turbo compared to the Daimler to get it moving. But will take a lot longer to run out due to having a bigger engine and a bigger gearbox with smaller RPMs which results in a longer life.

The difference in performance (and fuel consumption) might just be due to the 4-speed Voith versus the six-speed ZF gearbox.

Think of riding a bicycle with fewer gears . . . (or, perhaps the converse - having more gear ratios available . . . )

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Diamond One - 18 Jul 2015

much prefer a Enviro 400 it felt smooth as anything although the Streetdeck is a nice vehicle i can see these being a future order knowing GNE they may order it a possible suggestion X21 and of course 27 would love to see a Streetdeck in Hebburn it does get packed on a morning and late rush even during the day but i think also 20/20A/X20 and the night bus N20 could do with deckers

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 8:43 pm)Diamond One much prefer a Enviro 400 it felt smooth as anything although the Streetdeck is a nice vehicle i can see these being a future order knowing GNE they may order it a possible suggestion X21 and of course 27 would love to see a Streetdeck in Hebburn it does get packed on a morning and late rush even during the day but i think also 20/20A/X20 and the night bus N20 could do with deckers

The N20 already has deckers. It interworks with the N21 using the angel hybrids.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - omnicity4659 - 19 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 12:49 pm)S813 FVK Apparently it has been confirmed that the X21 will be rebranded 'Angel' when they get new buses...
The crap some enthusiasts can come out with is absolutely ridiculous.

Using Chester-le-Street OmniDekkas too...  Wink Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 8:37 am)GX03 SVC Using Chester-le-Street OmniDekkas too...  Wink Big Grin

Or the B9s off the X1...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 19 Jul 2015

Wanna bet after the demo buses are finished with and if GNE decide to buy new buses for the X21, they'll go for the Streetdeck... although everyone seems to like the E400 more.......

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - nk55 - 19 Jul 2015

Cost will as ever play a massive part in amy order......streetlites v citaro springs to mind and streetlite rattles v scania rattles.....not much difference already!!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Diamond One - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 9:53 am)Michael Wanna bet after the demo buses are finished with and if GNE decide to buy new buses for the X21, they'll go for the Streetdeck... although everyone seems to like the E400 more.......

knowing them they probs would although that E400 is a canny ride would love to see that but one route that will more than likely to get it is X21 other routes that probs need them would be 27 it does get busy on that route alot

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - LeeCalder - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 11:17 am)Diamond One knowing them they probs would although that E400 is a canny ride would love to see that but one route that will more than likely to get it is X21 other routes that probs need them would be 27 it does get busy on that route alot

I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 11:27 am)LeeCalder I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees

20/20A need better buses, not sure how the Prince Bishops branding would look on an Enviro 400...anyone want to do a mock up?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Jimmi - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 11:27 am)LeeCalder I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees
Never been on the 27 but I imagine if it can get busy it could be one of those routes that would be slightly improved by getting single deckers with a slightly seating capacity than the Citaro's such as StreetLite's.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Adrian - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 10:07 am)nk55 Cost will as ever play a massive part in amy order......streetlites v citaro springs to mind and streetlite rattles v scania rattles.....not much difference already!!!

It's not just me that's noticed the infernal rattle that comes from a Streetlite fire door then. Which is a shame, given that the seats for the fire exit have got the best leg room on the bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - tyresmoke - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 11:51 am)aureolin It's not just me that's noticed the infernal rattle that comes from a Streetlite fire door then. Which is a shame, given that the seats for the fire exit have got the best leg room on the bus.

Yup I've noticed that too! Rattles around the cab area are worse though, by far...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Panasonic44 - 19 Jul 2015

I agree with Diamond One because when you live on 27 (last 20+ years) route the buses 7/10 times are not on time which causes problems e.g. Passengers Stand I had to stand lots of times due to bus being packed. Since Volvo B10 moved their are less seats for people to sit including OAPs.

The company should had left South Shields depot which would have save all the problems.

Also when 2 buses come along together that too creates for next bus which gets packed to.

I think the times need to be every 15 mins to sort bus loads out better but I think 27 needs Double Deckers even if they hybrids or get more seats than citaros e.g. volvo 7900h or scania omincitys/omnidekkas (would have been far better choice than citaros).

PS I would really like to see (if the buses remain to be red instead of silver for next cruasder repaint.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - tyresmoke - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm)Panasonic44 I agree with Diamond One because when you live on 27 (last 20+ years) route the buses 7/10 times are not on time which causes problems e.g. Passengers Stand I had to stand lots of times due to bus being packed. Since Volvo B10 moved their are less seats for people to sit including OAPs.

The company should had left South Shields depot which would have save all the problems.

Also when 2 buses come along together that too creates for next bus which gets packed to.

I think the times need to be every 15 mins to sort bus loads out better but I think 27 needs Double Deckers even if they hybrids or get more seats than citaros e.g. volvo 7900h or scania omincitys/omnidekkas (would have been far better choice than citaros).

PS I would really like to see (if the buses remain to be red instead of silver for next cruasder repaint.

So what you're saying is standees are caused by gaps in service, which in turn leads to bunching and more loadings. This will always be a feature of frequent services I suppose. Only real fix is to add another bus into it to extend the running times, but cost will usually be prohibitive of doing this.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Panasonic44 - 19 Jul 2015

(19 Jul 2015, 1:54 pm)tyresmoke So what you're saying is standees are caused by gaps in service, which in turn leads to bunching and more loadings. This will always be a feature of frequent services I suppose. Only real fix is to add another bus into it to extend the running times, but cost will usually be prohibitive of doing this.

Yes. The company needs to sort out timings thats the problem. To be every 15 mins which would solve alot of problems and wouldn't need any more buses and would have spares when required.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - cbma06 - 19 Jul 2015

That's what you get for having a bus service which runs every 10 minutes, l cant see service 27 warranting double deckers on, especially when the route runs almost the same as the metro service. stagecoach has bus services that runs on a 10 minute service for years and you don't see them decreasing the service, its only mostly rush hour or when road works comes into effect when the service starts to get delayed.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - cbma06 - 19 Jul 2015

Cant see GNE purchasing streetdeckers for service X21, I can see GNE purchasing the E400's for service 20 and X21