North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 17 Nov 2013

Just thought I'd let you know, when passing Washington depot on the 56, I saw a bunch of ex-Saltwell Park Versas parked up outside still in their green. Is Washington already using these and if so, out of curiosity, on what service?

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm)the pilot Just thought I'd let you know, when passing Washington depot on the 56, I saw a bunch of ex-Saltwell Park Versas parked up outside still in their green. Is Washington already using these and if so, out of curiosity, on what service?

didn't know 56 went past washington depot

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm)the pilot Just thought I'd let you know, when passing Washington depot on the 56, I saw a bunch of ex-Saltwell Park Versas parked up outside still in their green. Is Washington already using these and if so, out of curiosity, on what service?

They were transferred this morning, and are to be allocated from tomorrow to "South Tyne" services 88/88A. One will be repainted per week into the "South Tyne" lilac base livery - so get your photos of 'em in green while you can!

Read more: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/newsArticle.php?id=146

(17 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm)danpick didn't know 56 went past washington depot

The 56 serves Vermont, Washington. This passes the Industrial Road junction in Washington, where Washington depot is situated.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan They were transferred this morning, and are to be allocated from tomorrow to "South Tyne" services 88/88A. One will be repainted per week into the "South Tyne" lilac base livery - so get your photos of 'em in green while you can!

Wonder how well the Lilic will look on the Versa?

Dan, do you know if the brand style will be changed much?

(17 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm)Michael Wonder how well the Lilic will look on the Versa?

Dan, do you know if the brand style will be changed much?

I'm sure if you ask Adam Malarkey nicely, he'll do a nice paper bus rendition of a lilac Versa.

The livery has differed somewhat with each upgrade (see SPD livery here, and see Cadet livery here to compare the two).
I imagine we can expect the same to happen again - but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

(17 Nov 2013, 7:22 pm)Dan I'm sure if you ask Adam Malarkey nicely, he'll do a nice paper bus rendition of a lilac Versa.

The livery has differed somewhat with each upgrade (see SPD livery here, and see Cadet livery here to compare the two).
I imagine we can expect the same to happen again - but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Thank's, i'm hoping it looks better, shame the 5 won't receive newer buses but theirs only 8 versa's moving over and the PVR is 9.. 1 of the ex drifter versa's should of moved over.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 So, going back to when the Saltwell Park vehicles arrived and the amount of comments who thought the colour was awful.....has the branded changed your minds?

I never commented the colour was awful (this time Wink), however I'm really impressed with the brand. As I've said recently, GNE have really upped their game in terms of branding quality now.

(17 Nov 2013, 7:28 pm)aureolin I never commented the colour was awful (this time Wink), however I'm really impressed with the brand. As I've said recently, GNE have really upped their game in terms of branding quality now.

I'm now expecting the Cobalt Clipper and Fab 56 brands to be even better then before, same as the the South Tyne.

(17 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan They were transferred this morning, and are to be allocated from tomorrow to "South Tyne" services 88/88A. One will be repainted per week into the "South Tyne" lilac base livery - so get your photos of 'em in green while you can!

The 56 serves Vermont, Washington. This passes the Industrial Road junction in Washington, where Washington depot is situated.

looked on google maps and the m3 stops right outside so i will go there on saturday and get picsTongueTongueTongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm)Michael Thank's, i'm hoping it looks better, shame the 5 won't receive newer buses but theirs only 8 versa's moving over and the PVR is 9.. 1 of the ex drifter versa's should of moved over.

1 of the buses on 88/88A does Nexus scholars morning and afternoon and will be a fleet livery bus

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm)Michael Thank's, i'm hoping it looks better, shame the 5 won't receive newer buses but theirs only 8 versa's moving over and the PVR is 9.. 1 of the ex drifter versa's should of moved over.

I'm hoping it won't confuse people too much taking the 88/88A out of the Washington Street Shuttle brand. Tongue

(17 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm)aureolin I'm hoping it won't confuse people too much taking the 88/88A out of the Washington Street Shuttle brand. Tongue

yes the 88/a is being moved to south tyne and using optare versa

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Nov 2013

I don't mind doing a Lilac Versa Paperbus for you Michael, I was going keep this bit of Information I was told about on Friday by Sean Blair whilst having a ride about on one of the Versas on the 58 to myself, But as the Ex Saltwell Park Versas are a Topic being talked about. I think I should share this piece of info which hasn't been Confirmed from what Sean said, Perhaps one of our GNE Representatives can shed some light on it. Anyways the Versas will reportedly receive a Rebrand from South Tyne to something to do with the Fishing Pond at Boldon which could also mean they won't be repainted Lilac either which is another bit of information Unconfirmed.

As the Saying goes don't shoot the Messenger.

(17 Nov 2013, 8:19 pm)Adam Malarkey I don't mind doing a Lilac Versa Paperbus for you Michael, I was going keep this bit of Information I was told about on Friday by Sean Blair whilst having a ride about on one of the Versas on the 58 to myself, But as the Ex Saltwell Park Versas are a Topic being talked about. I think I should share this piece of info which hasn't been Confirmed from what Sean said, Perhaps one of our GNE Representatives can shed some light on it. Anyways the Versas will reportedly receive a Rebrand from South Tyne to something to do with the Fishing Pond at Boldon which could also mean they won't be repainted Lilac either which is another bit of information Unconfirmed.

yet the 88/a dosent go to boldon

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm)Dan Not for a couple of months yet, I understand... Not sure why such information has hit the public domain at such early notice, when things can quite easily change in two months!
I was dying to question it when I first saw that post on Facebook, as it seemed far too early to be releasing such information.

Re-allocation plans can and do change - nothing is certain, changes in plans can take place until it gets to the week or so before changes

(17 Nov 2013, 8:19 pm)Adam Malarkey I don't mind doing a Lilac Versa Paperbus for you Michael, I was going keep this bit of Information I was told about on Friday by Sean Blair whilst having a ride about on one of the Versas on the 58 to myself, But as the Ex Saltwell Park Versas are a Topic being talked about. I think I should share this piece of info which hasn't been Confirmed from what Sean said, Perhaps one of our GNE Representatives can shed some light on it. Anyways the Versas will reportedly receive a Rebrand from South Tyne to something to do with the Fishing Pond at Boldon which could also mean they won't be repainted Lilac either which is another bit of information Unconfirmed.

Intresting, thanks for sharing, Smile

I was hoping for a better colour than lilic, maybe blue might be nice.

(17 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm)Michael Intresting, thanks for sharing, Smile

I was hoping for a better colour than lilic, maybe blue might be nice.

blue and another coaster rip-offBig Grin

(17 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm)danpick blue and another coaster rip-offBig Grin

Tongue, everything with water/sea should be a coaster rip off haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm)Adam Had the "pleasure" of 4837 on the X25 the other day and I noticed it's developed a strange whistling noise as it accelerate. 4844 is another culprit.

As a chester driver i can honestly say the volvo B10 is a pleasure to drive on the X25 compared to the lolynes.

(17 Nov 2013, 8:23 pm)danpick yet the 88/a dosent go to boldon

Hit the nail on the head there.