North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 12 Jan 2014

There's almost an element of GNE trying too hard with some launches.

Look people of Hexham! Here's a new double decker bus! Erm, here mate do you mind moving that MPD out of the way a minute?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm)Dan How effective do you think advertising on buses is? As far as I know, the only interaction with passengers in regards to the new E200s at Sunderland was via advertising boards on the sides of the buses:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/11312099894/

If I wasn't told about it getting done, I wouldn't have noticed them... If I'm an enthusiast who looks at buses, I can't imagine Betty or Tom to notice them either.

Go North East had a massive amount of promotion for each brand, the coffee wagon was out almost every day ( Rolleyes ) and I feel GNE made an effort to communicate with their passengers that they would see new buses out in service. No doubt we can expect a few more chocolate bars to be handed out when it comes to the #Fab56 promotion too. Tongue

I wonder if the CatsFast Solars discussed previously get a big fanfare/PR push IF GNE upgrade the emissions systems?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 8:31 pm)andreos1 I wonder if the CatsFast Solars discussed previously get a big fanfare/PR push IF GNE upgrade the emissions systems?

Would there be a need? They're still the same buses really, just slightly more eco-friendly what with the higher Euro rating.

I can imagine the Wear Tees Xpress getting a marketing push if it gets the Mercs though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - pdiddy - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 11:29 am)andreos1 I didn't know about this history of that reg and until recently, thought it was Northern Irish!
However, when that batch of Renowns were first used, they were based in Washington and used on the 194 and 294.

340 GUP used to be on a OK travel bus at Bishop Auckland, Northern got it when they bought OK out in 1995

(12 Jan 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan Would there be a need? They're still the same buses really, just slightly more eco-friendly what with the higher Euro rating.

I can imagine the Wear Tees Xpress getting a marketing push if it gets the Mercs though.

http://www.simplygo.com/environment2012/

They'll trumpet it because it sounds good. A little badge to stick on their jumper

(12 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm)gtomlinson http://www.simplygo.com/environment2012/

They'll trumpet it because it sounds good. A little badge to stick on their jumper

I can't remember a mention of it happening for the Centurion, Loop or Highwayman though - makes me doubt it'll happen for the Fast Cats or Prince Bishops somewhat.

(12 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm)Dan I can't remember a mention of it happening for the Centurion, Loop or Highwayman though - makes me doubt it'll happen for the Fast Cats or Prince Bishops somewhat.

They haven't got hybrids to trumpet this time around which makes me think they'll focus more widely (outside the new depot of course)

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm)Dan I can't remember a mention of it happening for the Centurion, Loop or Highwayman though - makes me doubt it'll happen for the Fast Cats or Prince Bishops somewhat.

The website mentions that the 'Centurion' is Euro 4, however the 'Loop' and 'Highwayman' are still down as Euro 3. While I'm on the subject, the following routes require an update on the website:

'Blaydon Racers' - Euro 2 to 5

'Crusader' - Euro 2 to 5

'Drifter' - Euro 4 to 5

'Lambton Worm' - Euro 2 to 4

'Saltwell Park' - Euro 4 to 5

'Waggonway' - Euro 2 to 3

'Tyne-Tees Express' - Euro 3 to 5

'Venture' - Euro 3 to 5

You clearly haven't seen the inconsistency in the app, either... Your list would be somewhat larger.
Think I remember service 26A being down as branded "the NINE"? Tongue

(12 Jan 2014, 9:18 pm)Dan You clearly haven't seen the inconsistency in the app, either... Your list would be somewhat larger.
Think I remember service 26A being down as branded "the NINE"? Tongue

See screenie attached.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm)Dan See screenie attached.

Does that 'Good Service' indicator actually work by the way?

(12 Jan 2014, 9:30 pm)aureolin Does that 'Good Service' indicator actually work by the way?

If memory serves, I think I have seen it turn amber to 'OK SERVICE' once... Never 'BAD SERVICE' though! Tongue

Imagine the app will be improved massively when real time technology is rolled out in app form for members of the public.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 8:21 pm)Dan Certainly would be nice.

People of all ages turn up at Lothian's annual Open Doors event, and it's like people go as a family to entertain the kids on a Saturday afternoon.

Lothian is a company which never fails to communicate with passengers though. Their online presence is great too - I've seen many posts on their Social Media pages which have been incredibly friendly. Not robotic in the slightest.

I'd love to see it happen with the new depot opening. Won't get my hopes up though. Wink

I wish I had went to the Lothian event last year. I'm going to make sure I'm there this year though. Looked great.

(12 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm)ADLEnviro I went 10 full years Jan 2004 until Dec 2013, I think you have went 11 - now how do you do that little cheeky smiley.

Rookie mistake! 2003 to 2013 looked like 10 years Wink

ANE: 333
GNE: 413 (again including coaches)
SNE: 354 (again including batch of 17 gas buses)

Still a gap of almost 60 vehicles between GNE and SNE.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 6:20 pm)gtomlinson Greg, I have no idea what your agenda is. Were you denied employment? Were you fired? There's some obvious vitriol in your comments yet I cannot understand why.

Because GNE have cut unprofitable poorly used services you declare them to be in decline? Financial figures disagree. It seems very personal with you. I think you need to move into reality. The services you mention are poorly used, changing them won't make any more people use them.

The X3 is not and has never been a popular well used service. It has been cut. People need to accept this
X3 has good usage but now it's curtailed at tesco it might aswell RIP and take the X36 with it

(12 Jan 2014, 8:41 pm)pdiddy 340 GUP used to be on a OK travel bus at Bishop Auckland, Northern got it when they bought OK out in 1995
Any one got a pic of it in ok livery

(12 Jan 2014, 10:53 pm)Acky81 Any one got a pic of it in ok livery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplytransport/8751904432/

[Image: 8751904432_cd387ce88f_b.jpg]

SimplyTransport have a shot of it. Copyright John Carter

(12 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm)gtomlinson http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplytransport/8751904432/

[Image: 8751904432_cd387ce88f_b.jpg]

SimplyTransport have a shot of it. Copyright John Carter

But that's a different vehicle

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm)Acky81 But that's a different vehicle

Its a private/cherished registration.
Just like the ones cars have - trucks and buses can have them too.

RE: Go North East - Latest - N1cholas - 12 Jan 2014

i used to love the old buses OK travel used to have. they were great old noisy growling buses. I used them often when they ran the 557 558 and 559 services from whitburn to their destinations