North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 14 Dec 2014

Enjoy yourself, Dan! Smile - don't have too much.

We don't want the fleet numbers on the fleet lists to just say '33' or '140'! Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 14 Dec 2014

I was paying 50p for bottles of Czech Pilsner from the supermarkets on the castle side of the Charles Bridge.

30p a bottle refund...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 Dec 2014

When you remember you're on a "reading week" this week and you don't have to go to uni, also got no work to do!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 14 Dec 2014

My 'End of the Word' thread, I feel like it's kicked off quite well. Smile - we're already on page 4! Tongue

I suppose it could also be a nice thing to help new members 'break the ice' and just drop a one-word post in there to help them get started.

#Unexpected
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 Dec 2014

Just heard an advert for the Chuckle Brothers Christmas panto in Darlington on Magic 1170 (soon to be rebranded TFM 2 - worst name change ever) anyway it said something like "come see our 3D panto..." I find most pantos tend to be in 3D, unless we're going to flatten the Chuckle Brothers to make it 2D.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 Dec 2014

Made me laugh more than happy

Some kids from Seaham School thought I was a Plain Clothed Inspector from GNE earlier...

Basically, I have a GNE hat that was given to me ages ago, as it is cold at the moment, it keeps my lugs warm, the bus filled up at the Mill Inn, got to Dalton Park and this kid said something like 'Stop it, he is from Go North East, look at his hat' and 'he is undercover to get you'.

As much as I wanted to play along, I just burst out laughing, saying "Dont be silly, just get on with it"...

Why they thought me, a big, scruffy mess in biege cargo pants and a dirty white hoody was an inspector I do not know Big Grin

My cold seems to be clearing away now, should hopefully be back to normal in the next day or so.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 15 Dec 2014

Durham Uni having broken up for Xmas. Plenty of seats on the Solos!

(15 Dec 2014, 4:46 pm)aureolin Durham Uni having broken up for Xmas. Plenty of seats on the Solos!

Wish I could sit on an Arriva Solo, for about the last month every time one has popped up on the 5/5A and X66 I've had to stand.

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 15 Dec 2014

Don't really get on Solos, to be honest.

One or two of the Scarlet Bands services, one on the 64, and one on the P&R for the Lumiere event last year is all I can name!

(15 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't really get on Solos, to be honest.

One or two of the Scarlet Bands services, one on the 64, and one on the P&R for the Lumiere event last year is all I can name!

I ridden loads of Solos over about the last five years.

I often rode the Scarlet Band 55 reg examples previously used Durham Park & Ride on service 16 when it still ran to Newton Aycliffe hourly instead of peak times only. Some of the nicest Solos I've ever ridden.

I don't mind Arriva's so much, although I'm glad they are off the 21 as they were deafening down the A689, most of my Arriva Solo frustration is from them being on routes where a bigger bus is needed.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 5:15 pm)Jimmi I ridden loads of Solos over about the last five years.

I often rode the Scarlet Band 55 reg examples previously used Durham Park & Ride on service 16 when it still ran to Newton Aycliffe hourly instead of peak times only. Some of the nicest Solos I've ever ridden.

I don't mind Arriva's so much, although I'm glad they are off the 21 as they were deafening down the A689, most of my Arriva Solo frustration is from them being on routes where a bigger bus is needed.

Yeah I've been on loads of Solos - They are on the 17 every Sunday, and I usually get them on the 46, 55 and 335. 

God I feel so awkward now! Tongue

Might have to try and get on one or two over the holidays!

(15 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm)MarcTheA4 God I feel so awkward now! Tongue

Either Newcastle (46, 55, Nexus Buses etc.) or Darlington is your best bet. 

(15 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm)MarcTheA4 God I feel so awkward now! Tongue

The 56/57/57A from Durham is also a good bet, or you may get lucky and get a double decker run.

Other suggestion for Solo SRs would be GNE Venture services, you could possibly get the V8 from Stanley to Consett.

Anyone want a Jumbo Clock Medallion for Christmas?
[Image: B42GIH_IEAABWoO.jpg:large]
That guy looks so uncomfortable and awkward modelling this Big Grin  

(15 Dec 2014, 5:43 pm)Jimmi The 56/57/57A from Durham is also a good bet, or you may get lucky and get a double decker run.

Other suggestion for Solo SRs would be GNE Venture services, you could possibly get the V8 from Stanley to Consett.

Been on a fair few Solo SRs on the V8. Smile

I might try and squeeze a Durham day into my plans.

(15 Dec 2014, 5:58 pm)MarcTheA4 Been on a fair few Solo SRs on the V8. Smile

I might try and squeeze a Durham day into my plans.

The Solos are pretty much guaranteed on the 46, so you could get on to Regent Centre, and a Sapphire back as you said you wanted to ride a Sapphire?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 Dec 2014

How about a quick shufty to the Galleries on an evening? ANE 82/83 to Birtley and a 21/78 home?

No Metrocentre though...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm)Jimmi Anyone want a Jumbo Clock Medallion for Christmas?
[Image: B42GIH_IEAABWoO.jpg:large]
That guy looks so uncomfortable and awkward modelling this Big Grin  

He ain't no Flava Flav that's for sure!

[Image: Flava+Flav.gif]

Now that's how you comfortably (and fashionably) wear a clock!