North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 7:57 pm)andreos1 Who wants to put a bet on, that the spare Gemini ends up on a 39 in its first few days?

That is the idea though...

As the spare Geminis will sport the new corporate livery, they can be used on any service which doesn't have a low bridge. There are, of course, some services that would never usually justify the use of a double decker (the 39 being a perfect example), but it's not uncommon for Vykings to appear on the 39 these days. Seeing one of the Geminis on the 39 isn't an occurrence I'd rule out, but I imagine it will typically see more use on "Prince Bishops" services 20/20A if there's a full Gemini allocation on the 56 and some of the Solars VOR for the Bishops.

One of the 11.7m Citylink spare Versas covered for a Saltwell Park Streetlite within the first few days of being out.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 26 Nov 2013

I think for the fab 56, even before repaints, Northern vehicles SPD's most often often appeared on the service. So in this instance I don't get why have one less branded vehicle, maybe 1 Gemini in red possibly unless there hoping the improved reliability of the new vehicles will help this? It does seem strange to me however. As I don't think seeing a fab56 off route is too common at the moment.

(26 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm)CatsFast101 I think for the fab 56, even before repaints, Northern vehicles SPD's most often often appeared on the service. So in this instance I don't get why have one less branded vehicle, maybe 1 Gemini in red possibly unless there hoping the improved reliability of the new vehicles will help this? It does seem strange to me however. As I don't think seeing a fab56 off route is too common at the moment.

The B9s should be more reliable than Solars, and therefore the appearance of any vehicle besides a branded one should be uncommon. That said, there are occasions when one may be VOR, so having two fleet liveried B9s covers you on those occasions.
If one was branded, it would have to sit in the depot all day because it should only ever be on the 56.

566-69 are now branded for "North Tyne Links".

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 9:02 pm)Dan 566-69 are now branded for "North Tyne Links".
Much changed on the brand or is it just the same?

(26 Nov 2013, 9:31 pm)Michael Much changed on the brand or is it just the same?

Will just be the same, as an MPD is an MPD at the end of the day Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm)Dan There are currently 13 MPDs at Consett (shown on our fleet lists here).
From what I can see by the timetables, the PVR is 11 (though don't take this as gospel, as a lot of the services interwork). This means that Consett currently have two spares.
The typical spare vehicle ratio is 1 to every 8 branded vehicles, which works out correct given that Consett are in line to receive 12 Solo SRs, and if my PVR is correct, due 1 spare Solo SR. They won't need an additional two MPDs.

See this post for the believed movements.

Consett PVR is 10 - the 12 Solo will give 2 spare, no MPD will be left at Consett.

Once the Versa and Cadet are painted, Washington should just be left with 570 603-606

(26 Nov 2013, 9:42 pm)busmanT Consett PVR is 10 - the 12 Solo will give 2 spare, no MPD will be left at Consett.

Once the Versa and Cadet are painted, Washington should just be left with 570 603-606

Thought so - muchas gracias for the confirmation! Smile

(26 Nov 2013, 7:50 pm)Dan I'd assume it has just been missed off accidentally. I don't think any were down to stay.

Very soon indeed. I don't think the original date for service entry (15th Dec) will go ahead anymore, however.

That is correct - the first fifteen B9s to arrive should be orange, destined for Deptford and branded for service 56, immediately followed by two red B9s also heading to Deptford to act as spares for the service.
I'm under the impression that Wrights may deliver the first few of fifteen silver B9s for services 309/310 at Percy Main before Christmas after the Deptford ones, but I doubt they'll be able to squeeze them all in so soon, so the delivery should continue after Christmas too. Percy Main's two red ones should arrive last, similar to Deptford's.

There may be a couple of weeks when the orange/red and silver ones are being delivered side by side.

I'm sure there will be a "rush" to get some of the 56 vehicles on the road before Xmas, a busy route and so they can be used on Boxing Day.

I would expect to see the spare red B9 on the 20 when PB buses are off the road.

(26 Nov 2013, 7:38 pm)CatsFast101 I mentioned above about the Washington MPD's above and no one really knows why. Dan mentioned about two kept on to help with repaints and a VOR Versa other than thought don't know. We can only assume they are keeping them for the time being just to help out at Washington.

I hope they keep 5345 as an X66 spare as it will help out with loadings having a spare artic means a smaller vehicle won't be allocated too often.

5345 is going as well, there will just be the 4 Citaro artic retained for the X66. You might see 5389 & 5390 on X66 at times. These 4 artic are likely to receive updated branding in the coming weeks and the S1 bus will also soon be branded.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 26 Nov 2013

Well after praising the loadings on the X10 earlier, I feel its only fair I point out the fact that 3963 was sat looking abandoned in Stockton when I got there at 1800 tonight with a B9 loading behind it on the next service!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 10:04 pm)busmanT 5345 is going as well, there will just be the 4 Citaro artic retained for the X66. You might see 5389 & 5390 on X66 at times. These 4 artic are likely to receive updated branding in the coming weeks and the S1 bus will also soon be branded.

Already?, if so i hope its gonna be better than its current cheap brand.

S1 should of being branded ages ago.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 10:04 pm)busmanT 5345 is going as well, there will just be the 4 Citaro artic retained for the X66. You might see 5389 & 5390 on X66 at times. These 4 artic are likely to receive updated branding in the coming weeks and the S1 bus will also soon be branded.

Updated branding or branded as spares? The latter seems a better choice, as it would allow them to be used on X40 work if and when required?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 26 Nov 2013

Are CSC paying for the S1 branding?

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 26 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 10:33 pm)gtomlinson Are CSC paying for the S1 branding?

Surely that is a matter for GNE?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 26 Nov 2013

Wonder if the X66/S1 may get the same brand? Based around MetroCentre Shuttle? Good to hear the S1 is branded, will it be the Merit that's branded?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 27 Nov 2013

(26 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm)citaro5284 Surely that is a matter for GNE?

Our insiders normally let us know. It seems utterly pointless for GNE to brand a contract service unless someone is doing it for them.

It's no secret for example that CSC pay for the late runs on the X66 on Boxing Day (though seemingly pointless as there's nothing to connect to in Gateshead)

RE: Go North East - Latest - grandad - 27 Nov 2013

Anyone know if there is a firm date for the Venture Solos to enter service?

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 27 Nov 2013

Is it just me or does the X40 not justify having bendy buses, Everytime i pass one, it has about 3 people on it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 27 Nov 2013

(27 Nov 2013, 4:47 pm)grandad Anyone know if there is a firm date for the Venture Solos to enter service?
Im not sure but just going off all the other new buses that have entered service im guessing it will be a Sunday before Christmas.