North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 29 Nov 2013

(29 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm)Chris I agree standardisation does make sense, but would capacity not come into it? Being Low Floor, the President has a seating capacity of 65 compared to the 77 on the Olympians according to the GNE fleet list.

Plus, as it's a contract, I assume the price submitted by GNE would be based on an Olympian being the vehicle of choice. As in, the Olympian would have lower operating costs than the President, and is represented in the price?

This is a very good point. There must be a reason why Caris bought an Olympian for it rather than use a 70 seater coach....

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 29 Nov 2013

(29 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm)GMitchelhill No doubt because they no longer have to squeeze behind a Bendy Bus on the 58.

Does the 51 share with 21, 1 and X2 or am I getting mixed up?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 29 Nov 2013

(29 Nov 2013, 11:18 pm)gtomlinson Does the 51 share with 21, 1 and X2 or am I getting mixed up?

The 52 shares Stand K with the 1, 21, X2 and X21 whilst the 51 stops at the next stand up, sharing with the X1.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 30 Nov 2013

(29 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm)tyresmoke This is a very good point. There must be a reason why Caris bought an Olympian for it rather than use a 70 seater coach....

I didn't realise Caris had a set allocation for it - I've seen both the Olympian and (at least one) of their coaches parked on Sunderland Road (presumably for said contract) on multiple occasions..?

Hexham have Winlaton-based SPD 8220 on loan at present, most likely covering for 8293 which is VOR (shock!)
This is, no doubt, why 3812 has remained in service at Winlaton, albeit a scholar only allocation.

3964 is also at Hexham today, covering for an absent 3942.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 30 Nov 2013

(29 Nov 2013, 11:42 pm)Adam The 52 shares Stand K with the 1, 21, X2 and X21 whilst the 51 stops at the next stand up, sharing with the X1.

Cheers Adam

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 30 Nov 2013

Wonder when the 39 will be dressed in simplicity brand??? Much better buses but them destination boards as they were on previous drifter 60 are still jumping about!!! Still think the brand should be Doxford clipper if I'm honest

(30 Nov 2013, 10:47 am)Acky81 Wonder when the 39 will be dressed in simplicity brand??? Much better buses but them destination boards as they were on previous drifter 60 are still jumping about!!! Still think the brand should be Doxford clipper if I'm honest

The final Versa to be repainted (8308) came out of the paintshop in purple yesterday. Expect the vinyls to be applied imminently.

"Lime" services 8/78 are omitting Green Terrace, Sunderland, due to heavy traffic, as per control request.

RE: Go North East - Latest - westy3738 - 30 Nov 2013

3942 is supposed to be going into a livery for Metro Radio, to be based at Gateshead, while 3964 is now at Hexham.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 30 Nov 2013

(30 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm)Dan "Lime" services 8/78 are omitting Green Terrace, Sunderland, due to heavy traffic, as per control request.

The town was absolutely heaving this morning...was getting pissed off with little old ladies and kids trying to knock me over Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 30 Nov 2013

Slightly related to GNE but have the council/PCSO traffic controls funded by the bus operators on Percy Street started yet?

Traffic in Newcastle makes Sunderland look deserted. It's getting worse by the day. Had the misfortune of Metrocentre on the X66 today (being green and leaving car) It was borderline hell . No wonder the likes of the 10 etc can't keep times with hitting traffic in Metrocentre and Newcastle

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 30 Nov 2013

(30 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm)fozzovmurton The town was absolutely heaving this morning...was getting pissed off with little old ladies and kids trying to knock me over Wink

I remember a few years ago getting the X2 from Eldon Square bk to Sunderland, it took over 2 hours to get back, well over 40 minutes just to get to Gateshead, the place had been heaving with an EDL Demo in the City as well as a UAF counter demo...But Newcastle even when there is nothing in particular on is a nightmare...

When my old nana and grandfather were alive, god rest there souls, if they had to goto Newcastle for anything, the old fella would always make my nan drive or get the train as he hated driving through The Toon Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 30 Nov 2013

The Team Valley must have been heaving as well. I saw 3 93s earlier within 5 minutes of each other

(30 Nov 2013, 5:39 pm)Adam The Team Valley must have been heaving as well. I saw 3 93s earlier within 5 minutes of each other

Arg, on a 20 minute Saturday frequency?

I noted earlier that 4943 had been involved in an incident of some sort... I'm led to believe that this was a mere breakdown at the Boldon ASDA junction and led to quite a bit of chaos indeed - perhaps the police presence was a little too strong (given the nature of the problem), which led to the inevitable assumption that there had been an 'incident'.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 30 Nov 2013

Yeah we're getting to that time of year where it becomes impossible to try and run a bus service to time anywhere as the traffic just gets ridiculous. Not to mention loadings go through the roof which doesn't help with dwell times etc.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 30 Nov 2013

(30 Nov 2013, 5:50 pm)Dan Arg, on a 20 minute Saturday frequency?

Yeah it looked ridiculous. The fist one was jam packed, second one was half full and the third was almost empty.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 30 Nov 2013

(30 Nov 2013, 5:50 pm)Dan Arg, on a 20 minute Saturday frequency?

It's those lights at Bensham, as well as the Team Valley - it's getting worse by the day!

In other news, here's 3942 nearly finished in its new Metro Radio branding.

Photo by: Sean Blair
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/11134832514/in/photolist-hXWVLW-hXXrsZ-hXRby4-hXRwr9-hXRwaC-hXKUeE-hXB8ba-hXxfyo-hXx4ZE-hXuFhh-hXsALZ-hXsAN3-hXtEMv-hXsThd-hXsBvo-hXfM7F-hXffo8-hXftPq-hXfGQf-hXfeZm-hWZH8S-hWZDDV-hWX4hK-hWSeiq-hWSd5U-hWQTNs-hWQYZE-hWR4iN-hWQS68-hWRgW3-hWRFCk-hVe1tu-hWCMuE-hWD3B2-hWDwGR-hWDBBj-hWE9f3-hWEJVY-hWEUWs-hWEJJf-hWEUPy-hWEJY3-hWB7wR-hWAwZa-hVGy2o-hVG4Uy-hVyJDv-hVxyQr-hVy4nX-hVxXoc-hVyzz1

Venture branding thoughts and opinions - theOne - 30 Nov 2013

Just wanting to get a general view on the updated 'Venture' branding on the brand new SR. Would appeciate it if people could provide their general views in the poll attached, and include comments/suggestions in the thread Smile

.jpg
Ven1.jpg
Size 74.05 KB / Downloads 36

.jpg
Ven2.jpg
Size 124.37 KB / Downloads 528