North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 8:25 pm)bcal3119 Still I think roller blind would be much more easy to see...and more traditionalBig Grin

But cannot be changed very quickly and extra expense if new destinations are required. To update a Hanover blind with new data takes about 1 minute per vehicle.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Crusader - 22 Jan 2014

I think someone asked this earlier but I don't remember seeing a definitive response (sorry for asking again if it has been confirmed!) - does anyone know how many of Deptford's Scania's have now been painted black? I'm assuming they won't all be ready in time for next week so we'll have non/wrong-branded buses on thd X36 for a while?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 8:52 pm)Crusader I think someone asked this earlier but I don't remember seeing a definitive response (sorry for asking again if it has been confirmed!) - does anyone know how many of Deptford's Scania's have now been painted black? I'm assuming they won't all be ready in time for next week so we'll have non/wrong-branded buses on thd X36 for a while?

I believe there's only one black solar, 5205. 5207 has apparently gone for repaint but no one really know where it's at! 5206/5208/5209 haven't been painted yet. So Fab56 vehicles are going to be on X36 and X35 until all three repaints are complete.

(22 Jan 2014, 8:56 pm)CatsFast101 I believe there's only one black solar, 5205. 5207 has apparently gone for repaint but no one really know where it's at! 5206/5208/5209 haven't been painted yet. So Fab56 vehicles are going to be on X36 and X35 until all three repaints are complete.

5206 is at SMR now

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm)citaro5284 5206 is at SMR now

Which means one will be repainted next week, and only one "Fab Fifty Six" vehicle will be allocated to services X35/X36 - or maybe Deptford will allocate a red Solar!

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm)Dan An after-dark photograph of 5390's new white LED display is shown on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12090367063/

Bit of a silly question... but is it just the front or front, rear and side?

(22 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm)BJ10VUS Bit of a silly question... but is it just the front or front, rear and side?

Just the front for the trial - obviously if the trial is successful, it would make sense for all of the blinds to be white.
Looks rather odd with the different coloured blinds at the moment, but does allow for a direct comparison. The white blind literally lit up Gateshead Interchange as it entered from High Street, not an effect you get from the normal LEDs.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan Just the front for the trial - obviously if the trial is successful, it would make sense for all of the blinds to be white.
Looks rather odd with the different coloured blinds at the moment, but does allow for a direct comparison. The white blind literally lit up Gateshead Interchange as it entered from High Street, not an effect you get from the normal LEDs.

Thanks for that... guess it would make sense! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm)citaro5284 It looks very clear in the dark, not quite the same in the office with the lights off!!

Some may that the lights are always off in your office, but I wouldn't be one of them !

(22 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm)busman101 Some may that the lights are always off in your office, but I wouldn't be one of them !

Not when you want lost mileage data Tongue (PS the word you missed out was say)

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 22 Jan 2014

I rekon gne should by some enviro 200 dart to replace the old one there nice buses

(22 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm)speedwheels22 I rekon gne should by some enviro 200 dart to replace the old one there nice buses

Remember, the Enviro 200 has been trialled with Go North East already (was allocated to services 39, 42 and 60/61 while at Deptford). If the Enviro 200 proved to be superior over other vehicles in the fleet, I think some would have been purchased last year.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 9:32 pm)Dan Remember, the Enviro 200 has been trialled with Go North East already (was allocated to services 39, 42 and 60/61 while at Deptford). If the Enviro 200 proved to be superior over other vehicles in the fleet, I think some would have been purchased last year.

And it'd be yet another vehicle type to manage, maintain and have spares for. Sad

(22 Jan 2014, 9:44 pm)ADLEnviro Nice to see the correct term used citaro5284, one of my little pet hates when someone call's destination displays, blinds.

Forgive my ignorance (I unknowingly use both terms for the same thing), but what is the difference?

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 22 Jan 2014

With the destination blinds are there a few types, Im not familar with how it all works to be honest. basically all i know is

There are the green ones (which are shit and you cant see)
The orange ones
The oranges ones with coloured numbers

Are the coloured numbers just programmed into the display as sorts, or does it have to be a certain type of display.

Also what displays do GNE currently use.

Any finally completly off topic, I think i read something about the displays on the back of the new Cobalt vechiles, being wrong, was this because they are suppoed to have the complete display rather than just the number (or have i just made that up)

I Noticed the 56 deckers just have the numbers, which is all you need really. Never seen the point in having a destination of a bus on the back ....

the only time you might see it is when its pulling away or your running for it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm)Dan Forgive my ignorance (I unknowingly use both terms for the same thing), but what is the difference?

The old 'destinations were displayed on a roller blind type piece of kit.

These days, with dot matrix, flip for, led etc they are classed as displays.

Nowt more complicated than that really.

(22 Jan 2014, 9:50 pm)Arcticrossy92 With the destination blinds are there a few types, Im not familar with how it all works to be honest. basically all i know is

There are the green ones (which are shit and you cant see)
The orange ones
The oranges ones with coloured numbers

Are the coloured numbers just programmed into the display as sorts, or does it have to be a certain type of display.

Also what displays do GNE currently use.

Any finally completly off topic, I think i read something about the displays on the back of the new Cobalt vechiles, being wrong, was this because they are suppoed to have the complete display rather than just the number (or have i just made that up)

I Noticed the 56 deckers just have the numbers, which is all you need really. Never seen the point in having a destination of a bus on the back ....

the only time you might see it is when its pulling away or your running for it.

Currently GNE use flipdot and LED. Flipdot (yellow dots) were the first blinds, but now GNE buy LED.
The LED displays are either all amber or amber with a colour panel for the route number. They are a different blind compared to a normal amber one as they have a panel of tri-colour LED's.
Answered your own question on the last one, if you are running for a bus you want to know where it is going Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm)citaro5284 Currently GNE use flipdot and LED. Flipdot (yellow dots) were the first blinds, but now GNE buy LED.
The LED displays are either all amber or amber with a colour panel for the route number. They are a different blind compared to a normal amber one as they have a panel of tri-colour LED's.
Answered your own question on the last one, if you are running for a bus you want to know where it is going Tongue

Surely you'd be waiting for the said bus though, and not be expecting it to wait for you running towards it. :p

(22 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm)aureolin Surely you'd be waiting for the said bus though, and not be expecting it to wait for you running towards it. :p

Not always.....How many times do people run out of a shop and the bus is at the stop.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 10:16 pm)citaro5284 Not always.....How many times do people run out of a shop and the bus is at the stop.

Me most days when I come out of my Front Door, Guaranteed as soon walk around the Corner of the Bush, there'll be a Bus sitting at Lambton Village Centre.