North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm)mattdw92 I'm told there are three fully branded ones which have arrived at PM. A further two should be moving across tomorrow.

As seen below:
[Image: 1511629_482903348493201_1722992212_o.jpg]

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm)Dan As seen below:

It looks really good

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm)Michael It looks really good

Think my only criticism would be the duplication of the "C". Maybe the Cobalt Clipper brand logo didn't need it...? - just the big "C". Looking good though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm)mattdw92 Think my only criticism would be the duplication of the "C". Maybe the Cobalt Clipper brand logo didn't need it...? - just the big "C". Looking good though.

Lets get the branding changed...haha Tongue

(24 Jan 2014, 6:03 pm)citaro5284 Lets get the branding changed...haha Tongue

The back of the bus branding seems different from to the other back of the B9 in the picture... or is it just me?

(24 Jan 2014, 6:08 pm)Michael The back of the bus branding seems different from to the other back of the B9 in the picture... or is it just me?

As standard on recent (and future) brands, they will all have different 'taglines'.

(24 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm)Dan As standard on recent (and future) brands, they will all have different 'taglines'.

Sorry should of being clearer, i meant the blue and red, the one in front seems shorter than the one behind, same as the blue and red near the indicators.

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm)Dan As seen below:

'Surf to the heart of Newcastle EVERY 10 MINS'

Shame that 309 & 310 don't run every 10 mins, with each running every 15 mins giving a combined 7/8 min frequency. Unless changes are planned.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 24 Jan 2014

They might be out tomorrow?

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm)Michael Sorry should of being clearer, i meant the blue and red, the one in front seems shorter than the one behind, same as the blue and red near the indicators.

See what you mean.... bit of a branding blunder I think Big Grin
Think 6101's is better, clean silver rear.

(24 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm)Tom They might be out tomorrow?

Meant to be gaining full rear destination displays first, aren't they?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 24 Jan 2014

CC Livery looks hideous on silver.

Poor effort imo

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm)mattdw92 See what you mean.... bit of a branding blunder I think Big Grin
Think 6101's is better, clean silver rear.

I prefer the Rear which you can just see Next to 6101, As for the Branding Overall I think it looks great.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 6:30 pm)park5354 'Surf to the heart of Newcastle EVERY 10 MINS'

Shame that 309 & 310 don't run every 10 mins, with each running every 15 mins giving a combined 7/8 min frequency. Unless changes are planned.

Well I hope they are changing it otherwise that's embarrassing!

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm)andreos1 The FPP deny all knowledge of these incidents - although I have yet to speak to the leader of the FPF, who is reportedly on his way back from a top secret mission.

If you saw OAP pass holders making the bus late by apparently struggling to register their pass or got annoyed at the empty pop bottles rattling around and banging off your feet, chances are that the top secret mission of the day was 'operation disruption'.
Other incidents connected to this operation, included putting up temporary traffic lights/pretendy road works.
These were situated in various locations, including:
* Bournmoor
* Albany
* Near Nissan

Services disrupted by these actions, involved the 56 (see comments from yourself and Michael), the 50, 78 and 4.

If a GNE representative can confirm that they received a call earlier today, with the recognised code words 'MY KEY CARD IS NOT WORKING', then chances are the FPF have been out and about today.

& there was me thinking that the FPF were out and about every day, wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting travelling public !!!

Those temporary lights on the 56 are a bit of a pain in the rump as I had a trip out on it yesterday on me way to a meeting on the dark side (not Fencehouses), although I have been close to there this week.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm)busman101 & there was me thinking that the FPF were out and about every day, wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting travelling public !!!

Those temporary lights on the 56 are a bit of a pain in the rump as I had a trip out on it yesterday on me way to a meeting on the dark side (not Fencehouses), although I have been close to there this week.

Just wait till the snow comes and the FPF start abandoning cars everywhere!

(24 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm)andreos1 The FPP deny all knowledge of these incidents - although I have yet to speak to the leader of the FPF, who is reportedly on his way back from a top secret mission.

If you saw OAP pass holders making the bus late by apparently struggling to register their pass or got annoyed at the empty pop bottles rattling around and banging off your feet, chances are that the top secret mission of the day was 'operation disruption'.
Other incidents connected to this operation, included putting up temporary traffic lights/pretendy road works.
* Bournmoor
* Albany
* Near Nissan

Services disrupted by these actions, involved the 56 (see comments from yourself and Michael), the 50, 78 and 4.

If a GNE representative can confirm that they received a call earlier today, with the recognised code words 'MY KEY CARD IS NOT WORKING', then chances are the FPF have been out and about today.

Yeah I got on those Roadworks a few weeks back on the 56 when I did the whole from Sunderland to Newcastle, The ones at Wrekenton were the Worst, As for Today on the 8 it was just the Metro Newspapers for me otherwise the Journey to The Galleries went by smoothly.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 24 Jan 2014

(24 Jan 2014, 9:54 pm)Adam Malarkey Yeah I got on those Roadworks a few weeks back on the 56 when I did the whole from Sunderland to Newcastle, The ones at Wrekenton were the Worst, for Today on the 8 it was just the Metro Newspapers for me otherwise the Journey to The Galleries went by smoothly.

It sounds like 'operation disruption' didn't cause that much disruption for you today!

All I can say, is keep your eyes peeled Malarkey!

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 24 Jan 2014

* Bournmoor
* Albany
* Near Nissan

Services 78 and 44 are disrupted due to traffic lights on Durham Road due to resurfacing works.

(24 Jan 2014, 10:21 pm)andreos1 It sounds like 'operation disruption' didn't cause that much disruption for you today!

All I can say, is keep your eyes peeled Malarkey!

Ohhh I will, no doubt going down Team Valley for a Training Course for the Next 3 Months Starting Monday, will cause Daily Disruption at Wrekenton and Lobley Hill for me on the X1/93/94