North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm)gtomlinson I do hope you are watching that online (illegally you thieving swine) and not paying £15 (wasting my taxes on wrestling) Big GrinBig Grin

Ohhhhhh Yeeeeeeeeeahhhhh, I wouldn't dare pay £15 to watch a PPV when I can stream it on-line for FREE, I do the same for Raw/Smackdown also, why pay for a Sky Sports Subscription for the Year, Although I may pay £10 a Month for the WWE Network once I get a PS4 in Few Months, Then gtomlinson you won't have worry about Paying for me to Watch Wrestling Wink.

As for getting to Team Valley that sounds like a Plan to me, No doubt I would be stuck in Traffic for Ages otherwise, but hell it's only Ingeus/Zodiac, I'm not bothered about being late, It took them 2 Weeks to Ring me back to tell me I start a Course Tomorrow which I was meant to Start a Week ago.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 26 Jan 2014

Or get a bus to Chester and get the 28A to Sainsburys (if you have a spare 4 horus)

If your uber keen to be early you could get the 941 from Galleries -gets you there at 8.13 (those worker services are always cheap) than grab a cuppa in Sainsburys?

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 26 Jan 2014

With the Mercs being displaced off Cobalt duties, what is happening to the 2 older Mercs that were swapped with a different company (Southern Vectis was it) are they going with the other Mercs to a different service or becoming Spares.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm)Bazza Houston wonder when the bi-monthly update is getting posted p.s hope its good

The news will be posted tomorrow - delaying it so we can include the X66 brand (hopefully!) Tongue

(26 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm)Tom Or even better get the X1 from Washington to Wrekenton then the Team Valley Sainsburys' free bus!

What time does that Sainsbury's Free Bus Arrive at Wrekenton

(26 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm)Adam Malarkey What time does that Sainsbury's Free Bus Arrive at Wrekenton

Providing the times haven't changed since 2006 when Classic operated it, see timetable here.

(26 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm)Adam Malarkey What time does that Sainsbury's Free Bus Arrive at Wrekenton

Don't think it starts early and you've got the walk to factor in. I'd get the workers bus for the novelty.

Shame the 92 is peak only, that would have been good

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm)Tom Or even better get the X1 from Washington to Wrekenton then the Team Valley Sainsburys' free bus!

Forgot about that!
Hopefully Malarkey takes all these hints, tips and words of wisdom on board?!

In years gone by, he could have got the 638 to the Gold Medal. One bus and a short walk, no need for any changes

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 26 Jan 2014

Was the same time as that timetable when I saw it last weekend.

(26 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm)gtomlinson Or get a bus to Chester and get the 28A to Sainsburys (if you have a spare 4 horus)

If your uber keen to be early you could get the 941 from Galleries -gets you there at 8.13 (those worker services are always cheap) than grab a cuppa in Sainsburys?

He could do the m2/m3 to Birtley and pick the 28a up there.

TVTE isn't the easiest place in the world to get to like...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 7:12 pm)andreos1 He could do the m2/m3 to Birtley and pick the 28a up there.

TVTE isn't the easiest place in the world to get to like...

Cheapest option would be the 941 probably.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 7:12 pm)andreos1 TVTE isn't the easiest place in the world to get to like...

The amount of different ways Adam has received getting there from Traveline North East on here, I would say it is pretty easy to get to Tongue

(26 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm)citaro5284 The amount of different ways Adam has received getting there from Traveline North East on here, I would say it is pretty easy to get to Tongue

It is easy, with a change or three, a walk and a two zone buzzfare...

(26 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm)andreos1 Forgot about that!
Hopefully Malarkey takes all these hints, tips and words of wisdom on board?!

In years gone by, he could have got the 638 to the Gold Medal. One bus and a short walk, no need for any changes

All Tips and Words of Wisdom have been Noted, The 638 would of been just Perfect for me back in the Day. How's about a Modern Day Extension on the 2A/2C to Crawcrook, Hell it could use the Cobalt Clipper Citaros to aid the Increase in PVR, and then GNE can give the Pronto/WTX Passengers the News that this Extension of the 2A/2C had to be "Top Priority" due High Levels of Passenger Demand and those rather Large Profits they would get also, to then aid an upgrade for the Pronto/WTX. - #EveryonesAWinner #MalarkeyMarathons

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm)andreos1 It is easy, with a change or three, a walk and a two zone buzzfare...

Nothing wrong with changing. Where I live if you do not want to go to either Blyth or Newcastle you are screwed. I have to get an Arriva bus, then Metro, then GNE bus to get to work.....it is just one of those things.

You could ride the 29 back to Gateshead and catch bendies on the way home

(26 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm)Adam Malarkey All Tips and Words of Wisdom have been Noted, The 638 would of been just Perfect for me back in the Day. How's about a Modern Day Extension on the 2A/2C to Crawcrook, Hell it could use the Cobalt Clipper Citaros to aid the Increase in PVR, and then GNE can give the Pronto/WTX Passengers the News that this Extension of the 2A/2C had to be "Top Priority" due High Levels of Passenger Demand and those rather Large Profits they would get also, to then aid an upgrade for the Pronto/WTX. - #EveryonesAWinner #MalarkeyMarathons

#wheresthelovebutton #hashtagsonNEB

(26 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm)andreos1 It is easy, with a change or three, a walk and a two zone buzzfare...

It is easy to get to I must admit, I just have to play "Hunt The Zodiac Building" - Ermmmm You Guys............You Forgot the 939 as another Possibility, And I wouldn't want to Risk going via Birtley, I might caught up in a Police Stand Off on Birtley High Street with a Man threatening to Commit Suicide because iFry sent him the Wrong Pizza he had Ordered the Night Before.

(26 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm)Adam Malarkey It is easy to get to I must admit, I just have to play "Hunt The Zodiac Building" - Ermmmm You Guys............You Forgot the 939 as another Possibility, And I wouldn't want to Risk going via Birtley, I might caught up in a Police Stand Off on Birtley High Street with a Man threatening to Commit Suicide because iFry sent him the Wrong Pizza he had Ordered the Night Before.

Bit pointless getting the 939 as it gets you there so early (quarter past 8 or so if memory serves), and in my experience it always runs early for the scholar it performs afterwards - timings aren't exactly an issue on the 939, to say the least.

(26 Jan 2014, 7:26 pm)citaro5284 Nothing wrong with changing. Where I live if you do not want to go to either Blyth or Newcastle you are screwed. I have to get an Arriva bus, then Metro, then GNE bus to get to work.....it is just one of those things.

Good job you don't live in Fencehouses then! Big Grin
Blyth and Newcastle are exotic compared to Heworth, Houghton or Chester...