North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 07 Jun 2014

(07 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm)Dan Another trip to Edinburgh booked up - this time combined with Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games.

Expect it'll be packed, but the buses should be good at least!
What day are you going up mate?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 07 Jun 2014

(07 Jun 2014, 7:19 pm)northern156 What day are you going up mate?

Wednesday 23rd July - first day of the Commonwealth Games.

Re: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 09 Jun 2014

The interview I had today at the Emirates ICG very informal, was for a voluntary role as the mascot, right up my street it is, think I did well, said what I wanted to say and what I thought he was looking for me to say and very confident too, if I don't get it, whoever does must have given the interview of a lifetime...

I even invented a new hairdo...called it the Mo' Charlton, think of Bobby Charlton, if he had a Mohican to Combover [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 09 Jun 2014

(09 Jun 2014, 12:00 pm)marxistafozzski The interview I had today at the Emirates ICG very informal, was for a voluntary role as the mascot, right up my street it is, think I did well, said what I wanted to say and what I thought he was looking for me to say and very confident too, if I don't get it, whoever does must have given the interview of a lifetime...

I even invented a new hairdo...called it the Mo' Charlton, think of Bobby Charlton, if he had a Mohican to Combover [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Hopefully it comes off and you get it.

Does anyone know if the mayor of Chester is due to be up for election?
If Hangus can do it in Hartlepool...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 09 Jun 2014

(09 Jun 2014, 12:00 pm)marxistafozzski The interview I had today at the Emirates ICG very informal, was for a voluntary role as the mascot, right up my street it is, think I did well, said what I wanted to say and what I thought he was looking for me to say and very confident too, if I don't get it, whoever does must have given the interview of a lifetime...

I've done a bit of costume work in the past. Depending on the type of costume it can be very hot and sweaty inside. However it can be fun and from my own personal experience, a total skive.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 09 Jun 2014

(07 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm)Dan Another trip to Edinburgh booked up - this time combined with Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games.

Expect it'll be packed, but the buses should be good at least!

I've Booked a trip to the Lakes Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 10 Jun 2014

Picked up my holiday money for my trip away to Sweden next week Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 10 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 1:04 pm)tyresmoke Picked up my holiday money for my trip away to Sweden next week Wink

Enjoy!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 10 Jun 2014

Wooo portfolio is in, gotta wait till July now for the results
Year 1 of uni - complete!

=D!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 11 Jun 2014

Passed another unit test at college today, (only one left now.)

As well as a two hour lunch break, I got to finish at 1415 Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 11 Jun 2014

(11 Jun 2014, 8:13 pm)Jimmi Passed another unit test at college today, (only one left now.)

As well as a two hour lunch break, I got to finish at 1415 Smile

Well done Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 14 Jun 2014

This story made me laugh

http://m.9gag.com/gag/aBKe7qO?ref=fb.s.mw

A guinea pig escaped his enclosure, got in with the female guinea pigs, about 100 in total and shagged the lot Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 6:15 pm)marxistafozzski This story made me laugh

http://m.9gag.com/gag/aBKe7qO?ref=fb.s.mw

A guinea pig escaped his enclosure, got in with the female guinea pigs, about 100 in total and shagged the lot Big Grin

Haha Tongue

I can picture him walking in and thinking to himself - 'where do I start?'

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Jun 2014

Humoured me somewhat that I haven't been home yet and I'm seeing enthusiasts at Park Lane getting on the 20 to Durham.

I'm thankful I wasn't seen.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 15 Jun 2014

Getting my railcard loaded onto my Oyster card finally Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 19 Jun 2014

Just left college for the last time.

I will miss it through.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 19 Jun 2014

Hung around for about an hour after work in Newcastle, waiting for the B5TL demonstrator. As soon as I get on the X2, it pulls in to Elfin Square. What do they say about buses turning up together? Big Grin

Managed to get a rush shot of the MAX spec Gemini though.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 19 Jun 2014

Heh... love being the topic of conversation between bus enthusiasts - especially when it's a load of old tosh! Although a tiny bit irritated, this situation has more so humoured me, hence the location of this post.

I'm not making this post to spark up an argument or anything, more so just to give my side of the story for those enthusiasts that commented on the Facebook status and are members of this forum. Thankfully, this story is the one which is entirely truthful and can be backed up by Liam (as he was with me at the time).

Making the most of the Volvo B5TL demonstrator, Liam and I decided that we would ride it on "Toon Link" services 31/32. Through connections exist on "Toon Link" service 31 whereby passengers can continue their journey on "Toon Link" service 32 to Blaydon, and this is what we had intended to do.
.png
toon link.PNG
Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 23

Although the vehicle had racked up quite an awful delay earlier in the day (20 minutes late at this point), neither Liam nor myself expected that the services it was working would be regulated.

Upon arrival at Winlaton, all passengers excluding Liam and myself alighted the vehicle. Little did we know, the return journey back to Newcastle on "Toon Link" service 32 had been regulated. Thankfully, the driver of the vehicle checked the vehicle prior to pulling away out of service, and he discovered that both Liam and myself were still on-board the vehicle. The driver informed us that, due to his delay, he had to return back to Newcastle out of service and that we would have to get off the bus. We picked up our things, and we followed the driver downstairs and alighted the vehicle.

The Facebook status below makes an interesting read, when you know the truth...
.png
SH_fb1.PNG
Size: 80.99 KB / Downloads: 69

.png
SH_fb2.png
Size: 35.48 KB / Downloads: 52

Later comments include further blatent lies from the OP, suggesting that the vehicle moved whilst out of service with Liam and I on-board... If that were the case, I think the driver would be the one who was on the firing line and not us given that we were not doing anything wrong by using the service through to Blaydon (as advertised on the timetable).

Oh.. and spot the comment about another enthusiast who regularly has comments made about him as well! These enthusiasts are like a broken record.

Ooh, and it's news to me that I 'blatantly wander into prohibited areas to take photographs', mind...

Do think most of this derives from spite and jealousy. Shame they say these things where the other person cannot defend themselves - the OP of the Facebook status didn't say a word on the bus or at the bus station either - hahahah!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 19 Jun 2014

(19 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm)Dan Heh... love being the topic of conversation between bus enthusiasts - especially when it's a load of old tosh! Although a tiny bit irritated, this situation has more so humoured me, hence the location of this post.

I'm not making this post to spark up an argument or anything, more so just to give my side of the story for those enthusiasts that commented on the Facebook status and are members of this forum. Thankfully, this story is the one which is entirely truthful and can be backed up by Liam (as he was with me at the time).

Making the most of the Volvo B5TL demonstrator, Liam and I decided that we would ride it on "Toon Link" services 31/32. Through connections exist on "Toon Link" service 31 whereby passengers can continue their journey on "Toon Link" service 32 to Blaydon, and this is what we had intended to do.

Although the vehicle had racked up quite an awful delay earlier in the day (20 minutes late at this point), neither Liam nor myself expected that the services it was working would be regulated.

Upon arrival at Winlaton, all passengers excluding Liam and myself alighted the vehicle. Little did we know, the return journey back to Newcastle on "Toon Link" service 32 had been regulated. Thankfully, the driver of the vehicle checked the vehicle prior to pulling away out of service, and he discovered that both Liam and myself were still on-board the vehicle. The driver informed us that, due to his delay, he had to return back to Newcastle out of service and that we would have to get off the bus. We picked up our things, and we followed the driver downstairs and alighted the vehicle.

The Facebook status below makes an interesting read, when you know the truth...

Later comments include further blatent lies from the OP, suggesting that the vehicle moved whilst out of service with Liam and I on-board... If that were the case, I think the driver would be the one who was on the firing line and not us given that we were not doing anything wrong by using the service through to Blaydon (as advertised on the timetable).

Oh.. and spot the comment about another enthusiast who regularly has comments made about him as well! These enthusiasts are like a broken record.

Ooh, and it's news to me that I 'blatantly wander into prohibited areas to take photographs', mind...

Do think most of this derives from spite and jealousy. Shame they say these things where the other person cannot defend themselves - the OP of the Facebook status didn't say a word on the bus or at the bus station either - hahahah!

Aureolin said it best to me when I bumped into him on Tuesday in Newcastle, Steven Hodgson is a Cock, Haven't spoke to him myself, but I have seen him about with other "Older Enthusiasts" on the Corner of Haymarket/Eldon Square on a few occasions recently and he has gave me few a haccy looks when I have been standing nearby taking photos.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 19 Jun 2014

(19 Jun 2014, 6:31 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Aureolin said it best to me when I bumped into him on Tuesday in Newcastle, Steven Hodgson is a Cock, Haven't spoke to him myself, but I have seen him about with other "Older Enthusiasts" on the Corner of Haymarket/Eldon Square on a few occasions recently and he has gave me few a haccy looks when I have been standing nearby taking photos.

(19 Jun 2014, 6:34 pm)citaro5284 They are just a bunch of tits....

Let them get on with it, I say! I think that Facebook status full of lies sums him up - and it shows him in a worse light than the light in which he attempted to show me in.

Half Pint and mrnut85 on this forum both commented on that status, and it's totally up to them if they wish to be deluded enough to be believe Steven Hodgson's lies. I'm not arsed about comments about my photographs as I choose the manual settings on the basis of what I want to produce - if they don't like it, they don't have to view them. Ties in with what Michael and Andreos were mentioning earlier though. One person criticised my photographs over a year ago and then the rest of the enthusiasts in that 'friend group' have followed like sheep.

I think the hilarity of this situation is the fact that 90% of the people in that 'friend group' have gone behind one another's backs and bitched about other people in that group. Strong friendships there!