North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 9:16 pm)G-CPTN One of the X84/X85s was running the Ten route today.

What with Corbridge bridge being closed I thought it was a diverted X84/X85.

It was 5230 as seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46190740@N07/12188933703/

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm)Michael I still don't see why the 29 is both cadet and Scania when it could just be Scania or all Cadet.

They could use them on the X7 for temp cover....

If the 29 was cadet it'd require 7, the 38 is cadet and requires 2. That is 9 cadets used daily and some will be need for spares and cadets are the most appropriate cover for MPD's at Peterlee and are also used for spares.

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 28 Jan 2014

Just out of curosity, are there many B10BLE that havent had internal refurbs, noticed 1 or 2 with the original seating.

Why were these never done, is it because they wont part of a particular brand at that time, all the solars have had refurbs havent they.

Same with the tridents, ive noticed a few are older inside.

So when it comes to withdrawning certain buses in the future, will this be taken into consideration after the age of the bus perhaps.[/quote]

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm)northtynelinks2 3802 now has a front LED display like 3801, the side and rear dests remain flipdots.

So why can't 8306 not get a new display it's a joke

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 29 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm)Arcticrossy92 Just out of curosity, are there many B10BLE that havent had internal refurbs, noticed 1 or 2 with the original seating.

Why were these never done, is it because they wont part of a particular brand at that time, all the solars have had refurbs havent they.

Same with the tridents, ive noticed a few are older inside.

So when it comes to withdrawning certain buses in the future, will this be taken into consideration after the age of the bus perhaps.
[/quote]

I don't know which ones have had the internal referb, but I believe there isn't many tridents/Renowns that haven't. I do believe all Solars have though, weren't the Fast Cats some of the last ones done? I don't really know why certain ones have and why others aren't.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 29 Jan 2014

To confirm, 5347 will be out in service on X66s today. It is currently at Newcastle on the 11A.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 29 Jan 2014

Anyone know where 5250/53/54/73 will be going? I doubt they will be going to Stanley for the X30/X31 because that requires four vehicles. Any suggestions anyone?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 29 Jan 2014

Northern B7 just passed me NIS on the mill inn bank; usually a bus passes NIS which works onto 60's hope someone hasn't allocated that to the 60 or it may have an accident at Dawdon!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 29 Jan 2014

Just looking on the GNE site at the blurb about the new depot.

The infographic indicates 160 buses will be stored there. It also states that 145 will be washed and refuelled every night.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/new-super-depot-tops-off-30m-boost-for-north-east?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=new_

Anyone any idea why there aren't 160 buses washed and fuelled each day?
Obviously not each and every vehicle will be out every day, but curious as to why they make the statement about the 145 lucky ones who are fed and bathed each night.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 9:29 am)andreos1 Anyone any idea why there aren't 160 buses washed and fuelled each day?
Obviously not each and every vehicle will be out every day, but curious as to why they make the statement about the 145 lucky ones who are fed and bathed each night.

Exactly that reason, not every bus is out, so why wash a bus which has not been in service Tongue

(29 Jan 2014, 9:49 am)citaro5284 Exactly that reason, not every bus is out, so why wash a bus which has not been in service Tongue

But we both know there is no way in this world, that each and every day only 145 vehicles will come back to the depot.
Spares will be out to replace a failed vehicle, vehicles will be used in transferring staff to Gateshead Interchange, whilst others will head out on a road test.
Chances are, that in addition to the allocated 145 vehicles, those vehicles I mentioned above, will also be needing a top up or scrub - hence the question.

Not having a pop, but it seems a very specific, and an essentially incorrect and irrelevant statement for them to make.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 10:06 am)andreos1 But we both know there is no way in this world, that each and every day only 145 vehicles will come back to the depot.
Spares will be out to replace a failed vehicle, vehicles will be used in transferring staff to Gateshead Interchange, whilst others will head out on a road test.
Chances are, that in addition to the allocated 145 vehicles, those vehicles I mentioned above, will also be needing a top up or scrub - hence the question.

Not having a pop, but it seems a very specific, and an essentially incorrect and irrelevant statement for them to make.

I'd agree. It'd read better with "145" replaced with "All". Although 163,000 miles a week is also quite specific. :p Nevertheless though, the statistics are impressive. Was Sunderland Road or Winlation previously a VTS? Or is this something additionally being brought to the new depot?

Are buses washed on a nightly basis at present? I had thought they were done at all depots at the end of service, along with refuelling, cleaning, etc.

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 29 Jan 2014

If the statement had said: "Every bus gets washed every day," then your question would have been, "So what about the ones that haven't been out that day, or are in the workshop? Seems a very specific, and an essentially incorrect and irrelevant statement for them to make."

No pleasing some people...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 10:18 am)eezypeazy If the statement had said: "Every bus gets washed every day," then your question would have been, "So what about the ones that haven't been out that day, or are in the workshop? Seems a very specific, and an essentially incorrect and irrelevant statement for them to make."

I disagree. The majority of people reading that infographic (non-enthusiasts) would assume each and every bus is out every day. Therefore the expectation would be that every bus is washed and refuelled every night.

(29 Jan 2014, 10:18 am)eezypeazy If the statement had said: "Every bus gets washed every day," then your question would have been, "So what about the ones that haven't been out that day, or are in the workshop? Seems a very specific, and an essentially incorrect and irrelevant statement for them to make."

Remember that time we were discussing QCS and I went to get a bath?
You said it was too much information.

Sometimes I get a shower, sometimes a bath and a shower - it tends to vary.

It is the same with meal times.
It varies on a day to day basis, depending on the situation or circumstances.

A bit like the amount of vehicles washed in the new depot or as aureolin mentioned, the mileage the vehicles operate.

As I said to Citaro, this isn't me having a pop. It is me having a point of view (and as a certain fella often used to say), doing it in an open forum.

Quite a sweeping statement there mind eezypeazy, telling me what I would have said...

(29 Jan 2014, 10:15 am)aureolin I'd agree. It'd read better with "145" replaced with "All". Although 163,000 miles a week is also quite specific. :p Nevertheless though, the statistics are impressive. Was Sunderland Road or Winlation previously a VTS? Or is this something additionally being brought to the new depot?

Are buses washed on a nightly basis at present? I had thought they were done at all depots at the end of service, along with refuelling, cleaning, etc.

I believe vehicles were sent to Sandy Lane for testing at one point, although not sure if this was a recent, long term or permanent thing as Saltmeadows has (happy to stand corrected), testing facilities.

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 10:31 am)andreos1 Remember that time we were discussing QCS and I went to get a bath?
You said it was too much information.

Sometimes I get a shower, sometimes a bath and a shower - it tends to vary...

It took me months to get your personal hygiene arrangements out of my mind... Now you've gone and put that image back in there again!

(Goes off to lie down in a darkened room with a damp flannel pressed to forehead...)

(29 Jan 2014, 10:38 am)eezypeazy It took me months to get your personal hygiene arrangements out of my mind... Now you've gone and put that image back in there again!

(Goes off to lie down in a darkened room with a damp flannel pressed to forehead...)

Its ok, I am clean, just like 145 of the GNE fleet will be once they have moved to the new depot.
Imagine if we got washed as often as the remaining 15 vehicles?
Pooey!

But I agree, maybe it is too much information telling the world how many times we get washed.
Particularly if it varies on a day to day basis.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 29 Jan 2014

526 NA52 AWJ and 530 NA52 AWP have been Sold to Western Greyhound

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33747326@N05/12201790273/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 29 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 9:08 pm)Dan Assuming you're just wanting to know about the Deptford ones...

4934-37 are Northern
4942/43/5201-03 are red, with 5204 soon to join them.

1x Solar - 701
3x Solar - 29 (with the remainder of the PVR being made up by Cadets, as pointed out by citaro5284 yesterday)

All others Solars at Deptford are spares, as far as I know.

Just while we are on Topic of the 29, would it be worth swapping the 3 Solars with 3 Merits from The Riverside Depot to then have the 29 operated by pretty much the same Vehicle Type.