North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 11 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 9:27 am)Kuyoyo If you'd had to correct the same person countless times over the same point, you'd be like that as well

Well no because if you kept your tongue in your head and learned to ignore those posts whereby someone is constantly repeating themselves, then perhaps you wouldn't receive abuse back by other Members of the Forum for being so rude.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 11 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 10:46 am)NEBCD Malarkey Well no because if you kept your tongue in your head and learned to ignore those posts whereby someone is constantly repeating themselves, then perhaps you wouldn't receive abuse back by other Members of the Forum for being so rude.

...and perhaps we should take heed of our own advice!

Ends here.

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 11 Oct 2014

Now now ladies

#handbagsonneb

Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 11 Oct 2014

4901 has had a minor incident with a Corsa whilst operating service 128. It happened at the T-junction where the road from Craghead joins with Humbleburn Lane. The bus shouldn't be VOR as no major damage. Expect delays on Diamonds too, no way a bus can fit through the gap.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 11 Oct 2014

"Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5276 (NK07 KPJ) has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 11 Oct 2014

To be fair to the Angel, it struggles to stay on time when its on an off peak 15/30 schedule

Traffic through Birtley and Low Fell can't help combined with the A1 roadworks.

The Highways Agency obviously haven't got money to waste on an A1 Express Bus this time around

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 11 Oct 2014

A Photo which maybe of some Interest, I hadn't noticed until I did Caption earlier on that 8243 was Displaying "North Shields via Tynemouth 1" when I Photographed it Reversing out of the Pits on Thursday at Riverside Depot, I popped along to see if I could get a Photo of 4949 but I couldn't see it in the Main Depot as it wasn't the Yard either.

[attachment=5981]

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 11 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm)NEBCD Malarkey A Photo which maybe of some Interest, I hadn't noticed until I did Caption earlier on that 8243 was Displaying "North Shields via Tynemouth 1" when I Photographed it Reversing out of the Pits on Thursday at Riverside Depot, I popped along to see if I could get a Photo of 4949 but I couldn't see it in the Main Depot as it wasn't the Yard either.

today Michael said to me "while a driver flicked the blind for 88 to Lukes Lane the blind accidentaly said 1 whitley bay" sometimes happens happned to me during the week when trying to get the new Solo Gateshead Central Taxis have got displayed the morning service  saying that though a cadet has appeared on 1 service in the past when Lolynes were getting refurbished also at the time no ominicities were on 1 i recon the next few years 1 could get Geminis either 1 or 2 a lolyne handles the numbers really well my favourite was 3860 the 1st decker i photographed on my 2nd turf Jarrow the cadets were actually Centurion branded ones

RE: Go North East - Latest - gne_4993 - 12 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 12:43 pm)Dan "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5276 (NK07 KPJ) has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.
5275 in Plain red was at Smilies yesterday, anybody know why?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 12 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm)Racer_Experience today Michael said to me "while a driver flicked the blind for 88 to Lukes Lane the blind accidentaly said 1 whitley bay" sometimes happens happned to me during the week when trying to get the new Solo Gateshead Central Taxis have got displayed the morning service  saying that though a cadet has appeared on 1 service in the past when Lolynes were getting refurbished also at the time no ominicities were on 1 i recon the next few years 1 could get Geminis either 1 or 2 a lolyne handles the numbers really well my favourite was 3860 the 1st decker i photographed on my 2nd turf Jarrow the cadets were actually Centurion branded ones
It will have that programmed as Riverside operate the boxing day service from Whitley Bay to North Shields.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 12 Oct 2014

(12 Oct 2014, 8:45 am)gne_4993 5275 in Plain red was at Smilies yesterday, anybody know why?

It went in place of Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5252 (NK56 KHY), which is now back at Percy Main following attention at Smiles Engineering. That one has had quite a few troubles since the re-launch of the "Coaster" brand (at which time it was allegedly restricted to local services only), so hopefully it'll be fit and healthy again now...

Off memory, I believe Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5275 (NK07 KPG) is the example to have been retrofitted with an eFan Micro Hybrid System on a trial basis, so it's possible that they'll be looking at that, but I could be wrong...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 12 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm)Racer_Experience today Michael said to me "while a driver flicked the blind for 88 to Lukes Lane the blind accidentaly said 1 whitley bay" sometimes happens happned to me during the week when trying to get the new Solo Gateshead Central Taxis have got displayed the morning service  saying that though a cadet has appeared on 1 service in the past when Lolynes were getting refurbished also at the time no ominicities were on 1 i recon the next few years 1 could get Geminis either 1 or 2 a lolyne handles the numbers really well my favourite was 3860 the 1st decker i photographed on my 2nd turf Jarrow the cadets were actually Centurion branded ones

Did it?, i can't remember that. 

(12 Oct 2014, 8:58 am)Dan It went in place of Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5252 (NK56 KHY), which is now back at Percy Main following attention at Smiles Engineering. That one has had quite a few troubles since the re-launch of the "Coaster" brand (at which time it was allegedly restricted to local services only), so hopefully it'll be fit and healthy again now...

Off memory, I believe Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5275 (NK07 KPG) is the example to have been retrofitted with an eFan Micro Hybrid System on a trial basis, so it's possible that they'll be looking at that, but I could be wrong...

It's Sunday morning... is that the ones which is going in the FAB 56, Cobalt Clipper?

(12 Oct 2014, 9:21 am)Michael It's Sunday morning... is that the ones which is going in the FAB 56, Cobalt Clipper?

Think that's something different. Our resident from Corbridge may have a greater knowledge than me, given that he'd done his research in the past about the Fab56/Cobalt Volvo B9 modifications.

(12 Oct 2014, 9:38 am)Dan Think that's something different. Our resident from Corbridge may have a greater knowledge than me, given that he'd done his research in the past about the Fab56/Cobalt Volvo B9 modifications.

Cheer's i thought it sounded different! haha

Not sure if i ask this before but will this increase the euro engine from Euro 5 to Euro 6 due to the modification, same as the ones on the 56 and the 309/310?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 12 Oct 2014

No idea if 6117 has had the flywheel technology installed, but it sounded very ropey yesterday morning either way.

(12 Oct 2014, 9:42 am)Michael Cheer's i thought it sounded different! haha

Not sure if i ask this before but will this increase the euro engine from Euro 5 to Euro 6 due to the modification, same as the ones on the 56 and the 309/310?

I think Arriva's Temsa Avenues have had the same modifications installed, and they're Euro 5.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 12 Oct 2014

(12 Oct 2014, 9:48 am)Andreos1 No idea if 6117 has had the flywheel technology installed, but it sounded very ropey yesterday morning either way.

No it hasnt, dont think the mods have been started yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 12 Oct 2014

A few things:

- Do you think that the Cobalt Clipper brand will be slightly modified with the new technology being fitted?

- Do you think that 6116 or 6117 will be re-painted if GNE are satisfied with the frequency increase between Whitley Bay and Blyth?

I think there will probably be a slight amendment to the brand with the new technology being fitted. I don't know  if it has been successful but I think GNE will stick with the increase due to the fact that only requires 1 extra bus and with the rotas just being recently changed at Percy Main to accommodate the increase therefore; 6116 or 6117 should be repainted at some point but nothing has been said yet. Also, I think that at some point, GNE might increase the frequency to every 30 minutes during the evenings for both the 309 / 310 but, if they wanted to make a good profit and not just 'barely' make a profit, they would probably have to consider curtailing the 58 in Newcastle on a night time and re-route the 310 through Hadrian Park with through fares being sold to be used both on the 310 and 58. The 310 would effectively, run the same route as the old 300 and 316.

Also, if GNE could get a hold of good spare, they could add both 6116 and 6117 to the fleet and keep the 309 / 310 independent of each other (with the exception of Sunday daytime). It would basically mean that the 309 / 310 wouldn't interwork but it would work strongly in the 309's favour and GNE could even move the timing point towards Newcastle to the Jolly Bowman (the first stop) rather than Berwick Drive to cut a minute off the journey time between Newcastle Building Society and Battle Hill Drive. They could also reduce the time between Newcastle Building Society and Cobalt P&G towards Blyth by 1 minute. Obviously, the time cuts wouldn't apply during peak times or have any effect during the evenings. Take this for example:

ANE 308: North Tyneside Hospital 13:13, Haymarket Arr: 13:46, Haymarket Dep: 13:53, North Tyneside Hospital Arr: 14:26
GNE 309: North Tyneside Hospital: 13:09, Haymarker Arr: 13:45, Haymarket Dep: 13:52, North Tyneside Hospital: 14:27

ANE 306: Battle Hill Berwick Drive (stop after Jolly Bowman): 13:33, Haymarket Arr: 13:54, Haymarket Dep: 14:00, Battle Hill Berwick Drive: 14:21
GNE 310: Battle Hill Jolly Bowman: 13:30, Haymarket Arr: 13:53, Haymarket Dep: 13:59, Battle Hill Berwick Drive: 14:21

Will the Crusader citaro's be done after the Blaydon Racer's, don't think they've had a repaint yet?