North East Buses
Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=1759)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 7:35 am)biglugs@yahoo.com When you think about it yes it's the same with the 40 and 41 so id think the 34 would be best of with new buses or give 5391-94 to chester then getting new buses for the x66

You can't compare the two, really. The PVR of the Lambton Worm is 4, while the indiGo has a significantly bigger PVR. The latter seemed to be a growing network, hence the investment and new branding. Like I said, full-size single decks really aren't justified at the best of times.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Malarkey - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 12:03 am)R852 PRG Does the 82/82A need new buses? Priorities and all that.

In answer to your question, yes it does.

Since the "Street Shuttle" MPD's were withdrawn from service, we have seen almost the entire fleet of Cadets come and go on the 82, and now we are stuck with a mix allocation of vehicles of various ages, which is far from ideal to be honest, while other services receive investment, which are to a similar scale, such as the Venture, Indigo's & Tynedale Links Networks. The Washington Local Services have been overlooked for far to long and it is time for some long overdue investment into the Washington Network, which in turn could see passenger numbers rise..."with a bit of luck", but in turn I think the services could do with being re-routed or extended to other areas, or merged with other services to bring in growth.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 6:52 pm)Malarkey In answer to your question, yes it does.

Since the "Street Shuttle" MPD's were withdrawn from service, we have seen almost the entire fleet of Cadets come and go on the 82, and now we are stuck with a mix allocation of vehicles of various ages, which is far from ideal to be honest, while other services receive investment, which are to a similar scale, such as the Venture, Indigo's & Tynedale Links Networks. The Washington Local Services have been overlooked for far to long and it is time for some long overdue investment into the Washington Network, which in turn could see passenger numbers rise..."with a bit of luck", but in turn I think the services could do with being re-routed or extended to other areas, or merged with other services to bring in growth.

I agree, i think they could do a lot with the Washington local services.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Andreos1 - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 6:52 pm)Malarkey In answer to your question, yes it does.

Since the "Street Shuttle" MPD's were withdrawn from service, we have seen almost the entire fleet of Cadets come and go on the 82, and now we are stuck with a mix allocation of vehicles of various ages, which is far from ideal to be honest, while other services receive investment, which are to a similar scale, such as the Venture, Indigo's & Tynedale Links Networks. The Washington Local Services have been overlooked for far to long and it is time for some long overdue investment into the Washington Network, which in turn could see passenger numbers rise..."with a bit of luck", but in turn I think the services could do with being re-routed or extended to other areas, or merged with other services to bring in growth.

The Washington network has been decimated compared to what it once was. 
Services merged, services reduced, services constantly messed with (W2/W3/82/82a/83/77/183 and whatever other numbers there may have been on that route, in addition to the 2's and 50/50A) and services axed to the level seen now.

I think it was Adrian who drew up a network map of Washington showing a before and after.  It will be out of date now but it outlines how much consolidation there has been over the last few years.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - G-CPTN - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm)Andreos1 The Washington network has been decimated compared to what it once was. 
Services merged, services reduced, services constantly messed with (W2/W3/82/82a/83/77/183 and whatever other numbers there may have been on that route, in addition to the 2's and 50/50A) and services axed to the level seen now.

I think it was Adrian who drew up a network map of Washington showing a before and after.  It will be out of date now but it outlines how much consolidation there has been over the last few years.

Yet they are proposing to extend the Metro to Washington . . .

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Malarkey - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm)Andreos1 The Washington network has been decimated compared to what it once was. 

I recall Adrian posting it in another thread, can't remember if he sent me it via PM at some point either as I can't seem to find it.

I think Go North East should of kept the original M2/M3 as they were from Heworth to Chester-le-Street/Waterview Park, but instead of going to Waterview Park going to Birtley as they do now.

(21 Jul 2016, 8:24 pm)G-CPTN Yet they are proposing to extend the Metro to Washington . . .

And that will bring further cutbacks our local bus services.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Adrian - 21 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm)Malarkey I recall Adrian posting it in another thread, can't remember if he sent me it via PM at some point either as I can't seem to find it.

I think Go North East should of kept the original M2/M3 as they were from Heworth to Chester-le-Street/Waterview Park, but instead of going to Waterview Park going to Birtley as they do now.

Bare in mind that this was done in August 2012.

Circa 2006
.jpg
wash2012old.jpg
Size 345.13 KB / Downloads 348

My 2012 mock up
.jpg
wash2012new.jpg
Size 196.54 KB / Downloads 326

(21 Jul 2016, 8:24 pm)G-CPTN Yet they are proposing to extend the Metro to Washington . . .
(21 Jul 2016, 8:33 pm)Malarkey And that will bring further cutbacks our local bus services.

There's no chance it'll happen for a long time, if at all. It was covered under Orpheus, which was another pie-in-the-sky vision.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Andreos1 - 21 Jul 2016

Maybe it is to make up for the reduction in bus services? Sensing an opportunity to attract passengers...
(21 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm)Malarkey I recall Adrian posting it in another thread, can't remember if he sent me it via PM at some point either as I can't seem to find it.

I have lost track of the M2/M3 over the years. Too many variations to remember. 
I can remember the bus war between GNE and St George Travel on the Washington - Chester route though.
(21 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm)Adrian Bare in mind that this was done in August 2012.

Circa 2006

My 2012 mock up

That's the one!

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - LeeCalder - 24 Jul 2016

The Washington network is in desperate need of investment.

On one journey, you might have an MPD and then on the next a President.

As said above, the Washington network is no different to those of North Tyneside and Tynedale, etc. So why should it be overseen?

The only thing the Washington network has saw in the last few years is cuts and more cuts. It is pretty much down to the bare bones.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Malarkey - 24 Jul 2016

(21 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm)Adrian Bare in mind that this was done in August 2012.

Circa 2006

My 2012 mock up

(24 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm)LeeCalder The Washington network is in desperate need of investment.

On one journey, you might have an MPD and then on the next a President.

As said above, the Washington network is no different to those of North Tyneside and Tynedale, etc. So why should it be overseen?

The only thing the Washington network has saw in the last few years is cuts and more cuts. It is pretty much down to the bare bones.

Sat for the past 2 Hours or so drawing up a Map for the Washington Network as it is now, amazing what a difference 10 Years of service changes makes.

[attachment=8028]

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 24 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 7:33 pm)Malarkey Sat for the past 2 Hours or so drawing up a Map for the Washington Network as it is now, amazing what a difference 10 Years of service changes makes.

On the map it says Teal farm no service theres more buses than before despite not being Go north east theres the new link to doxford park

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Adrian - 24 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 7:58 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com On the map it says Teal farm no service theres more buses than before despite not being Go north east theres the new link to doxford park

But it's a map of Go North East buses, in a Go North East thread. The W4 was twice an hour and 186 was hourly.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 07 Aug 2016

Wonder when GNE will receive their new buses?

Looking forward to seeing which way they've gone, have they stuck to Wrights or gone for something new...

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 07 Aug 2016

I don't think anybody is expecting them to have put any orders in yet given that we are only about 2 months into this financial year.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 07 Aug 2016

(07 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm)S813 FVK I don't think anybody is expecting them to have put any orders in yet given that we are only about 2 months into this financial year.

Well you never know, they might of got the order in as quick as they could because of the none DDA deadline coming up, other companies will be doing the exactly the same.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 07 Aug 2016

I don't see how the DDA deadline is an issue for GNE now. With 14 non-DDA deckers left (excluding 3878), the flood of Omnidekkas should be enough to get rid of the other 7 non-DDA deckers that will logically remain after Stanley's 7 have been withdrawn.

With that, i can see the orders being placed towards the end of the year with deliveries early next year, as usual. There are rumours going around about Solos coming for Washington later this year although i think the chance of that happening as soon is the same as pigs being able to fly.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 08 Aug 2016

(07 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm)S813 FVK I don't see how the DDA deadline is an issue for GNE now. With 14 non-DDA deckers left (excluding 3878), the flood of Omnidekkas should be enough to get rid of the other 7 non-DDA deckers that will logically remain after Stanley's 7 have been withdrawn.

With that, i can see the orders being placed towards the end of the year with deliveries early next year, as usual. There are rumours going around about Solos coming for Washington later this year although i think the chance of that happening as soon is the same as pigs being able to fly.

I gather mr burns said that.
I could take it as washington getting solos as citaro 5284 said a change could occur so my prediction is the 54 reg darts replace 547,550,556,557 on nexus work.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - busmanT - 17 Aug 2016

(07 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm)S813 FVK I don't see how the DDA deadline is an issue for GNE now. With 14 non-DDA deckers left (excluding 3878), the flood of Omnidekkas should be enough to get rid of the other 7 non-DDA deckers that will logically remain after Stanley's 7 have been withdrawn.

DDA not an issue as the 3 Olympian at Gateshead can remain in the fleet after 31 December 2016, they are used on a non registered contract. All other non-DDA will be replaced by ex Brighton Scania.

Go North East need to standardise on vehicle types, not buy all different types of buses. Streetlite use 50% less fuel than Citaro.

Oh, and watch out for flying pigs..........

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - JP6004 - 17 Aug 2016

(17 Aug 2016, 5:19 pm)busmanT DDA not an issue as the 3 Olympian at Gateshead can remain in the fleet after 31 December 2016, they are used on a non registered contract. All other non-DDA will be replaced by ex Brighton Scania.

Go North East need to standardise on vehicle types, not buy all different types of buses. Streetlite use 50% less fuel than Citaro.

Oh, and watch out for flying pigs..........

If they do get solos, do you think they will get an xtra solo to replace 8266? Means they will be able to get rid of all the merit/cadets