North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm)leestransportphotos I'm definitely right wing. Not racist though.
So your not a fruitcake, loony or closet racist then

I suppose I can be quite right wing despite my ancestry being very left wing, I have only voted for right wing parties twice and Labour every other time

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm)MrFozz I would say you lean more to the left, am I right
You are indeed.
Paid up member of the 'loony left'.

(09 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm)aureolin ...Trotskyist. Wink

Cue stacks of people googling it Wink.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 10 Mar 2015

I've said it before but I'll say it again.

Irrespective of your age, whether you're able to vote, or your political leanings, with a general election a mere two months away now is the time to get involved and engage with politicians and political parties if you wish to learn more about politics. Pick a party, go to some meetings and volunteer. You'll get to meet all sorts of people and learn what the party is about. Local parties tend to be different to what you may see on a national level. Some are organised; others less so. But if you want a political education - a real political education - to reiterate, now is the time to get involved. Trust me, you'll learn more about politics in the real world than you'll ever likely to learn in a classroom.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 12 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm)MrFozz So your not a fruitcake, loony or closet racist then

I suppose I can be quite right wing despite my ancestry being very left wing, I have only voted for right wing parties twice and Labour every other time

Haha, see you watched that episode too Tongue 

For people who don't know what i'm on about (and him), see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pNL7HYz3iQ

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 12 Mar 2015

One of the most disgraceful programmes on TV recently involved politics and that was - UKIP: The first 100 days. Channel 4 should hang there heads in shame for making a programme like that because they are basically taking the p**s and offended thousands of people

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm)leestransportphotos One of the most disgraceful programmes on TV recently involved politics and that was - UKIP: The first 100 days. Channel 4 should hang there heads in shame for making a programme like that because they are basically taking the p**s and offended thousands of people

But would you feel differently if C4 mocked another party, let's say the Greens, in a similar fashion?

No not at all. No matter what it is completely unacceptable. Doesn't matter if they were taking the mick out of Labour, BNP, Green, Conservatives, Lib Dems etc it is very much unacceptable. They received over 6,000 complaints in 1hr

I actually fell asleep while watching it and have not felt the need to watch it since.

What was so offensive about it?

Did you watch 'Meet the UKIPpers'? What was your take on that?

They were basically taking the p**** that's the problem. No I didn't watch that, I don't watch much apart from football

Anyway..... Haha my friend took the voteforpolicies.org.uk quiz and got 50% UKIP and 59% Labour, how does that work haha

(12 Mar 2015, 10:00 pm)leestransportphotos Anyway..... Haha my friend took the voteforpolicies.org.uk quiz and got 50% UKIP and 59% Labour, how does that work haha

How do you get 59%? I presume you've hit 9 instead of 0. 

Yeah sorry. I'm on my phone

Incidentally, I got 70% Green; 20% Labour; and 10% Lib Dem.

Unless someone knows and takes any manifesto as gospel, I think it's unlikely that anyone is going to achieve 100%.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm)leestransportphotos They were basically taking the p**** that's the problem. No I didn't watch that, I don't watch much apart from football
Nothing wrong with taking the p**s in my opinion, I like a bit of a joke and laugh about shit, I like a bit of p**s taking Big Grin

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm)leestransportphotos One of the most disgraceful programmes on TV recently involved politics and that was - UKIP: The first 100 days. Channel 4 should hang there heads in shame for making a programme like that because they are basically taking the p**s and offended thousands of people
I just watched it on 4OD, I must say, it did take the piss, took it to quite an extreme, and quite unrealistic to be honest, but I took it for what it was, a mockumentary, firsr syllable says it all...I personally like watching shit like that though...

One thing I would not mind, a Bank Holiday along the lines shown in the mockumentary(minus the protests and rioting of course)...any excuse for a piss up

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 13 Mar 2015

After thinking over, and reading a few articles - I've realised UKIP are a bit of a racist group of punks.

Decided that when I'm allowed to vote, I'm going to keep the spirit of my grandad going on inside me by going for Labour. Smile They've done plenty for this region in the past.

I know my grandad wouldn't be too happy if I'd decided to make my first vote go to the Conservatives, even though he was a tolerant person of any sort of thing - when it came to the politics, if you didn't appreciate what Labour did for our region........Wink

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 14 Mar 2015

Does anyone remember these cartoons?
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-31711778

Exhibition opening at Bowes Museum.

I particularly like this quote from Simon Donald.
You might hope that Mrs Thatcher wouldn't have liked being depicted as a giant clockwork robot stamping on the populace, but since she actually was a giant clockwork robot stamping on the populace, she was probably too thick-skinned to care.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 14 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 5:47 pm)MarcTheA4 After thinking over, and reading a few articles - I've realised UKIP are a bit of a racist group of punks.

Decided that when I'm allowed to vote, I'm going to keep the spirit of my grandad going on inside me by going for Labour. Smile They've done plenty for this region in the past.

I know my grandad wouldn't be too happy if I'd decided to make my first vote go to the Conservatives, even though he was a tolerant person of any sort of thing - when it came to the politics, if you didn't appreciate what Labour did for our region........Wink

Don't let Lee hear you say that

I was always told Vote Labour or my ancestor's would rise from there graves to come and haunt me if I voted Tory lol

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 14 Mar 2015

Haha, everyone's entiteld to an opinion, and that's Marcus's opinion. Perfectly fine by me Wink

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 14 Mar 2015

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/576854422803853312

ouch...