North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm)aureolin https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/576854422803853312

ouch...
Cannot stand Russell Brand, he is a non funny hairy prick who looks like a knob and sounds like one too...But that was actually quite funny Big Grin

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 18 Mar 2015

Wonder how far and deep the Westminster Paedo ring will go

Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 18 Mar 2015

I echo Fozz's words! I can't stand the p***k but that was hilarious

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 18 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 12:30 am)MrFozz Wonder how far and deep the Westminster Paedo ring will go

It's not just a case of how many were directly involved that needs to be investigated and uncovered, it's how many people who knew about their colleagues activities and indirectly allowed this sort sickening abuse to continue which also needs to be illuminated. Those who swept it under the carpet; those who turned a blind eye because they had something to gain by not rocking the boat; are just as guilty as those who were participants in the actual abuse. This includes the security services, the police, civil servants, the aristocracy, celebrities, and of course politicians from both sides of the house. 

Offering one or two scapegoats, either dead or alive, is simply not enough in my opinion. They all need to fall.

Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 19 Mar 2015

This is now just getting weird.....

[Image: 826327e68141df6b896e9e5c3c82b92b.jpg]

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm)leestransportphotos This is now just getting weird.....

[Image: 826327e68141df6b896e9e5c3c82b92b.jpg]

As I said earlier, if you know your party's manifesto (as I believe you do), then it is possible to achieve 100%.

However that's not the point of the exercise though is it?

I don't actually know their manifesto. I just done it based on what I think

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 19 Mar 2015

But you claim in the post below that you got:

(09 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm)leestransportphotos I got 75% UKIP and 25% Lib Dems

Have you revised your initial opinions on policies or have you simply realigned them in an attempt to get 100% UKIP?

(19 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm)MurdnunoC But you claim in the post below that you got:

Have you revised your initial opinions on policies or have you simply realigned them in an attempt to get 100% UKIP?

Why would I do that? That's a pretty sad thing to do. I just wanted to take it again and see what I got that's all. For example, my friend got 50% Labour and 50% Green's, he re took it and got 50% Labour 25% UKIP and 25% Lib Dems

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 25 Mar 2015

Did anyone else watch Free Speech on BBC three last night? 
They had 3 pretty respectable men then had Luisa Zissman?! This isn't meant to be sexist, and I'm not saying that there shouldn't have been a woman on the panel, it's just is anyone going to take genuine political views from an ex-Big Brother contestant?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 25 Mar 2015

(25 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm)mb134 Did anyone else watch Free Speech on BBC three last night? 
They had 3 pretty respectable men then had Luisa Zissman?! This isn't meant to be sexist, and I'm not saying that there shouldn't have been a woman on the panel, it's just is anyone going to take genuine political views from an ex-Big Brother contestant?

Pfft, no! Tongue

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 25 Mar 2015

(25 Mar 2015, 5:22 pm)MarcTheA4  
Pfft, no! Tongue

What annoyed me most was that she was saying jobs were readily available because her company "were always recruiting", that doesn't help love, a handful of jobs, in one area (probably the South) isn't going to make a difference. Those in the audience who had originally asked the question were all over her, and I must say in my limited experience of trying to get a part time job just for a bit of money, I agree with them, it is very very hard.

For me, her performance summed up what many think of the Conservatives, a party for the rich upper classes who will have very limited experience of struggling for work.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 26 Mar 2015

Is anyone watching the Cameron/Miliband programme tonight?

9PM on Channel 4/ Sky News/ YouTube for those interested, presented by Jeremy Paxman and Kay Burley (at least that's what my TV says)

(Didn't know whether I should have posted this in here or the TV thread, so move it if necessary Smile  )

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 26 Mar 2015

I really don't understand what the vile Kay Burley adds to these debates but Paxman is always good entertainment.

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm)MurdnunoC I really don't understand what the vile Kay Burley adds to these debates but Paxman is always good entertainment.

I enjoy watching the receiving end of his debates...hehe.

Straight out the gate...lol.

People only started to use food-banks because Labour didn't allow Jobcentres to advertise them - says Cameron.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm)MurdnunoC Straight out the gate...lol.

People only started to use food-banks because Labour didn't allow Jobcentres to advertise them - says Cameron.
Paxman ruined him. He also got Cameron to admit that he couldn't live on a zero hour contract, so it makes you wonder why he's happy for employers to allow others to!

I've not watched it all, but I hear that Paxman absolutely destroyed Milliband.

I have however been catching up on the final day of this parliament. Disgusting attempt by Cameron and Hague at getting Bercow ousted as speaker. It really doesn't surprise me (and it shouldn't anyone else), as he's had Maude doing the same thing to the Civil Service for the past 5 years.

(26 Mar 2015, 11:22 pm)aureolin Paxman ruined him. He also got Cameron to admit that he couldn't live on a zero hour contract, so it makes you wonder why he's happy for employers to allow others to!

I've not watched it all, but I hear that Paxman absolutely destroyed Milliband.

He came across as he well as he could considering it was Ed Miliband facing Jeremy Paxman. I think Cameron came across worse although he recovered slightly when facing the audience. 

(26 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm)MurdnunoC He came across as he well as he could considering it was Ed Miliband facing Jeremy Paxman. I think Cameron came across worse although he recovered slightly when facing the audience. 
Hopefully it's on 4OD, so I can listen to it in work tomorrow. Looking at twitter, the response on Ed is actually a lot better than what id initially been told.