North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 02 Apr 2015

(02 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm)MrFozz What was he going on about when he was talking about HIV/Aids, I pretty much turned my Farage volume down by that point
He managed to link that to foreigners, trying to suggest the majority of treatment was for non-nationals. The bloke is a right tool.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 02 Apr 2015

(02 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm)aureolin He managed to link that to foreigners, trying to suggest the majority of treatment was for non-nationals. The bloke is a right tool.
So basically, he links HIV/Aids to an influx of Romanians...

Question for ya mate...Farage goes on about an Australian points based Immigration System, is that a system we could move towards or would it breach the EU policy of free movement?????

(02 Apr 2015, 9:40 pm)MrFozz So basically, he links HIV/Aids to an influx of Romanians...

Question for ya mate...Farage goes on about an Australian points based Immigration System, is that a system we could move towards or would it breach the EU policy of free movement?????

It couldn't be done with the current EU rules.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Jimmi - 02 Apr 2015

(02 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm)aureolin He managed to link that to foreigners, trying to suggest the majority of treatment was for non-nationals. The bloke is a right tool.
Should have recorded it and turned it into a drinking game, everytime Farage blames foreigners you have to have a shot

Dread to think how mortal You'd get!

(02 Apr 2015, 9:42 pm)aureolin It couldn't be done with the current EU rules.
So, bottom line being, to implement a points based immigration we would probably have to pull out of Europe?

(02 Apr 2015, 9:43 pm)MrFozz So, bottom line being, to implement a points based immigration we would probably have to pull out of Europe?
It's unclear, because no one has been daft enough to try it. I can't see other countries standing for it, that's for sure...

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 02 Apr 2015

This is the genuine advert that i saw underneath Fozz's post regarding the topic of one of those 7 peeps being a MILF:

Some of these polls had Big Nige doing quite well...Who were these people polling

People have been going on about UKIP and the supposed Political earthquake they have supposedly been causing the year or 2, going by what limited knowledge I have on politics and what I have seen tonight and over the last few years, I dread the day if Nigel Farage was ever in a position of power...

Is there any chance of them making a real impact in May, most projections I have seen on the BBC only projects UKIP winning 2 seats at the Election

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 02 Apr 2015

After watching a few parts of that big debate...some of those people needed nappies over their mouths, there was that much crap flowing out of them! Big Grin

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 02 Apr 2015

Why was there no Northern Ireland representation???

It is obvious why McGuinness or Adams would not be there in the first place considering the shinners don't recognise Westminsters power in the 6 Counties, but why no DUP

See I think having all the different parties worked, as different arguments were pushed. It was refreshing to see an anti austerity argument too for once, but I wonder where would the line be drawn?

Respect have the same amount of MPs as the Greens, DUP have about 8, and I think Sinn Fein have about 4? But then you'd be looking at 10 parties involved in a debate...

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 03 Apr 2015

(02 Apr 2015, 10:33 pm)MrFozz Why was there no Northern Ireland representation???

It is obvious why McGuinness or Adams would not be there in the first place considering the shinners don't recognise Westminsters power in the 6 Counties, but why no DUP

I don't think either the Labour, Conservative or the Lib Dems (or indeed any mainland party) field any candidates in Northern Ireland. Stormont (and the Assembly) is in its own little bubble so to speak and has very little impact anywhere outside of Ulster.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 03 Apr 2015

(02 Apr 2015, 9:29 pm)MrFozz Did Big Nige actually present an argument that did not focus on the EU/Immigration/health tourism...

I just think he looked like a 6' knob on 2 legs...

The polls seem to point towards a victory for Nicola Sturgeon...theres something fishy about that woman [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Was also on BBC News 24 as well

Am I the only person who thinks Leanne Wood is a bit of a MILF [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

In agreement about Leanne Wood. A guilty pleasure.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 03 Apr 2015

Sky news doing what they did with the Scottish referendum...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0K_XIIBow

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 9:35 am)Andreos1 In agreement about Leanne Wood. A guilty pleasure.
That lil welsh accent is nice as well

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 07 Apr 2015

Seeing as we have discussed other political parties and their policies, does anyone fancy sharing 10 policies that you would have/introduce if Prime Minister.

They can be as wild and fanciful as you want.

Just to start:
* Renationalise train and bus operations as well as utilities I.e Gas, water
* Introduce a higher rate of tax for those earning 60k or more
* Invest in NHS and cut back on privatisation
* Cut back on middle managers and re-invest in admin for nursing stations and front line nursing/doctors/consultants.
* Sort of the defence sector, with investment into resources for both physical and cyber conflict for Navy, Army and RAF.
* Ensure all tax avoidance schemes are closed and big business pay their share of taxes.
* Implement a nationwide scheme, with Government investing and taking a share of promising start ups and established businesses (Dragons Den style).
* Ensure an increasing proportion of MP's (and advisors) have experience in real world, industry and employments - rather than as career politicians.
* Sort out and fix the backlog of asylum/immigration issues
* Set up free trade agreements, ahead of EU pullout.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 07 Apr 2015

(07 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm)Andreos1 Seeing as we have discussed other political parties and their policies, does anyone fancy sharing 10 policies that you would have/introduce if Prime Minister.

They can be as wild and fanciful as you want.

Employees: 
* Make the Living Wage compulsory for businesses employing 50 or more employees.
* Absolute ban on zero hour contracts, with it being compulsory for a business to offer workers the opportunity to 'opt-in' to a flexi-time scheme.
* Complete overhaul of the TULRA (1992), to remove restrictions on balloting, industrial action, secondary action, closed shops, what forms a trade dispute, and the threshold to apply for statutory recognition.

Welfare: 
* Axe the bedroom tax. 
* Remove JCP sanction regimes and bring work schemes back in house. 
* Scrap work capability assessments.

Public Services:
* Rail and Bus Operations to be nationalised, and to be ran as public services. 
* Profit from both operations put back into the system to ensure that less profitable and rural routes are properly served.
* Bring every inch of the NHS back into the public sector.

Tax: 
* Reduce VAT to 15% from day one.
* Close all tax loopholes, criminalise tax avoidance, and invest heavily in the HMRC to give them all the tools they need to do their job.

Business:
* Restrict off shoring to 5% of a business
* Prevent any public sector work ever being delivered from off shore locations
* Prevent UK businesses from operating from tax havens

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 07 Apr 2015

*Anyone using the phrase "I'm a law abiding citizen" (or words to that effect) in pious manner should immediately subject themselves to a life audit and, if found of any subsequent wrongdoing - no matter how small - they shall be punished with life imprisonment!

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 08 Apr 2015

(07 Apr 2015, 9:57 pm)MurdnunoC *Anyone using the phrase "I'm a law abiding citizen" (or words to that effect) in pious manner should immediately subject themselves to a life audit and, if found of any subsequent wrongdoing - no matter how small - they shall be punished with life imprisonment!

I like that Mr Young...

My sister claims to be a law abiding citizen, despite the fact she has been happy in thr past to enter this country with more than the Customs man says you can...Life for her then under the Young Administration, doing so saves me a lot of hassle

Me on the other hand, I will bend the law at any opportunity I can get away with it

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Jimmi - 09 Apr 2015

(09 Apr 2015, 6:02 pm)Adam I've just seen the Green Party's Election Broadcast on the BBC, and I must say, it made me laugh. I've even taken the liberty of finding it on YouTube for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgS7p40ERg

Wow that was so bad it was hilarious!

Probably did this so people would know that they exist.