North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 14 Apr 2015

Labour and Lib Dems are shoving there 'shiny' shit through our door and it's pissing me off! UKIP need a Blaydon candidate

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm)Malarkey Could put a Bridge over the top so that the line doesnt have an affect on Traffic, as the way I have it on the map above it would cause chaos at the Roundabout, alternatively there is an Underpass which runs under the Roundabout, widen that and the dig a Tunnel under the road across to the otherside of Northumberland Way which leads onto the A182/Princess Anne Park as the way I have the Yellow Line on the Map would suggest.

Furthermore there would have to be a Bridge at the bottom end of Princess Anne Park(Lambton End) as there is a Subway which leads onto the Estate, also if you were to further extend to where the Job Centre is, you would need yet another Bridge to go over the Exit to The Galleries, so potentially you might need 3 Bridges in Place, which would add further cost to opening the extended line.

I definitely think the having a Park & Ride Service between The Galleries and Northumberland Way would be the Best Option if the Leamside Line was to re-open, would save a few Million Pounds also whilst boosting Passenger Number on Services 2/2A/4 and W6 which would operate near to the P&R Site.
Or even make the terminus at Fatfield (St Roberts), just like South Hylton. An additional station there, covering the south of the town, as well as the ideas you suggested for the stations at the p&R sites
(14 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm)leestransportphotos Labour and Lib Dems are shoving there 'shiny' shit through our door and it's pissing me off! UKIP need a Blaydon candidate

Maybe ukip aren't fussed about making an effort.

Never understood why Blaydon and Birtley are in the same constituency like.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 14 Apr 2015

Just got a UKIP leaflet through my door, its for the Sandhill ward in Sunderland... so Springwell, Grindon etc.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 7:01 pm)Adam I'm in the Blaydon constituency as well even though I live in Eighton Banks, nowhere near Blaydon but never mind, and it seems UKIP are fielding a candidate according to this website I found.

https://yournextmp.com/constituency/65805/blaydon

It's like they just took the ends of Gateshead and a big swathe of countryside in between and cobbled something together.
Wondered for a long time and still never had an answer as to why they did it.

(14 Apr 2015, 7:02 pm)Michael Just got a UKIP leaflet through my door, its for the Sandhill ward in Sunderland... so Springwell, Grindon etc.

Is that for the local elections?
Guessing you are in Bridgets constituency (Houghton and Sunderland south) for the general election.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houghton_and_Sunderland_South_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 7:10 pm)Andreos1 It's like they just took the ends of Gateshead and a big swathe of countryside in between and cobbled something together.
Wondered for a long time and still never had an answer as to why they did it.

Is that for the local elections?
Guessing you are in Bridgets constituency (Houghton and Sunderland south) for the general election.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houghton_and_Sunderland_South_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Ye, it says.. Labour has being in too long and change is needed.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm)leestransportphotos Labour and Lib Dems are shoving there 'shiny' shit through our door and it's pissing me off! UKIP need a Blaydon candidate

Blaydon have a very good Labour candidate in the form of David Anderson. Someone who has spent the majority of his working life fighting the type of bigot that UKIP represents.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm)aureolin Blaydon have a very good Labour candidate in the form of David Anderson. Someone who has spent the majority of his working life fighting the type of bigot that UKIP represents.

Would UKIP in reality ever stand a chance of making gains in The North, it is a staunch Labour area and the area only has 1 Lib Dem and 1 Tory, the rest is mostly Labour.

A lot of people I know share UKIP opinions but come polling day most will stick to voting Labour.

Also, am I the only person who thinks UKIP will achieve nothing, getting there present MP's and possibly Big Nige himself...

I know it would never happen but in the likely outcome of a hung parliament would a National Government with all parties involved not work

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)MrFozz I know it would never happen but in the likely outcome of a hung parliament would a National Government with all parties involved not work
Not relevant to the current election- but this is bringing back memories of what we've just been doing in History at school, Ramsay Macdonald leading the one in the late 20's /early 30's if I recall correctly? After a split in the Labour party?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)MrFozz I know it would never happen but in the likely outcome of a hung parliament would a National Government with all parties involved not work

No. Too many political ideologies. 

There were enough spats within the coalition government that we've just had, and that was with a centre-right and centre party. Real left wing parties such as the Greens, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein and Respect would never consider working together in government with centre-right or right wing parties. The Labour Party would never be allowed to form a coalition with the Tories either. 

Did anyone see this by the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ZRdzJqMn8

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 8:20 pm)aureolin No. Too many political ideologies. 

There were enough spats within the coalition government that we've just had, and that was with a centre-right and centre party. Real left wing parties such as the Greens, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein and Respect would never consider working together in government with centre-right or right wing parties. The Labour Party would never be allowed to form a coalition with the Tories either. 

Did anyone see this by the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ZRdzJqMn8

The potty mouthed busker, saw it on the news last night Big Grin

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 16 Apr 2015

Got a UKIP leaflet again through the door, this time for Houghton & Sunderland South

While yesterday i had the one for Sandhill ward in Sunderland

(16 Apr 2015, 8:53 am)Michael Got a UKIP leaflet again through the door, this time for Houghton & Sunderland South

Now a one for the conservatives from the same area! 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 8:53 am)Michael Got a UKIP leaflet again through the door, this time for Houghton & Sunderland South

Sandhill ward would be local government (council) elections. Whereas Houghton and Sunderland South is your general election.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 16 Apr 2015

Anyone watching the 5-Way opposition leaders debate tonight?

(16 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm)MrFozz Anyone watching the 5-Way opposition leaders debate tonight?

No id rather watch paint dry.

(16 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm)Michael No id rather watch paint dry.
lol...

I will watch it but it will probably end up in a 5-way bitching session and I will end up pissed off with a headache lol [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 16 Apr 2015

Yeah I'll be watching it. Interesting to see that Cameron and Clegg have ran scared again

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - omnicity4659 - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 6:47 pm)leestransportphotos Yeah I'll be watching it. Interesting to see that Cameron and Clegg have ran scared again

Vote UKIP
The Common Sense Party...
... you know you want to.  Big Grin Tongue Tongue

(16 Apr 2015, 6:47 pm)leestransportphotos Yeah I'll be watching it. Interesting to see that Cameron and Clegg have ran scared again
Thic could end up working in the Tories favour, by not taking part, all David Cameron needs to do is throw the rope and hope Ed Miliband hangs himself, if Miliband put on a bad show tonight, the Tories would love that...

Why Nick Clegg is not involved I do not know

(16 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm)Tommy_1581 Vote UKIP
The Common Sense Party...
... you know you want to.  Big Grin
I would not Vote for Nigel Farage if he was the last politician alive, I found the comments he made in the leaders debate a few weeks ago quite offensive when he was going on about people with HIV/Aids coming and swamping the NHS...And I honestly cannot see them getting more than 3 seats(Doug Carswell, Mark Reckless and Big Nige himself) and cannot see them turning Labour over in this area

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 16 Apr 2015

Tim Aker will get a seat, no doubt about that. Carswell and Reckless will also retain their seats. So so sure about Farage though.