North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 28 Apr 2015

Got my postal ballot through the door today so i'll be casting my vote tonight and sending it away tomorrow Smile

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 28 Apr 2015

The people of New Kyo, South Moor, South Stanley and Tanfield Lea had a campaign bus go through today. In the form of 3822 and a few school kids (including myself) pressing a 'Vote Labour' sign against the bus window. We got a few thumbs up along the way plus a couple of no's but we did our best  Big Grin

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 4:29 pm)Robert The people of New Kyo, South Moor, South Stanley and Tanfield Lea had a campaign bus go through today. In the form of 3822 and a few school kids (including myself) pressing a 'Vote Labour' sign against the bus window. We got a few thumbs up along the way plus a couple of no's but we did our best  Big Grin

Nice to see the young-uns taking an interest in promoting politics.

What was the impetus behind the campaigning? Do people in your school have a strong desire to promote the cause of the Labour party? Or did someone simply happen to find a 'Vote Labour' sign and decided to display it for a bit of laugh?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 4:33 pm)MurdnunoC Nice to see the young-uns taking an interest in promoting politics.

What was the impetus behind the campaigning? Do people in your school have a strong desire to promote the cause of the Labour party? Or did someone simply happen to find a 'Vote Labour' sign and decided to display it for a bit of laugh?

Some Sixth Formers did something regarding politics and certain people were given stuff for each party in signs and other propaganda etc. We managed to get hold of one of these on the bus of course and honestly, was absolutely fantastic and we got so many laughs out of it - i actually didnt want to give it back to the owner.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 28 Apr 2015

(27 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm)leestransportphotos We've had nothing from him. It has been stated by UKIP though that what is the point of even trying if you know you have no chance of coming close to winning. I can see why

As a legend once said - “If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose”

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 29 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 11:34 am)Andreos1 http://news.bfnn.co.uk/prof-stephen-hawking-calls-david-cameron-a-right-twat-on-twitter/

Stephen Hawking launches into twitter tirade against David Cameron
Said the autocorrect on his computer was playing up...what was he trying to say for that to come out?
(28 Apr 2015, 11:39 am)MurdnunoC Love the poll at the bottom of the page in the link you provided. The results are almost unanimous.
About 92% Yes Big Grin

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 29 Apr 2015

I know I have asked mentioned it before...

About a National Government...

If most parties would not entertain the idea of the SNP, would it not be best for some sort of deal between Labour and Tories thrashed out and take any power away from the SNP...

I dont mean a full Con/Lab Coalition, but a confidence and supply deal, would that not stop the SNP in there tracks

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 30 Apr 2015

I have had leaflets for the Conservatives, UKIP, Lib Dems and The N.E Party...

Still waiting for Labour, BNP and Greens(if them 2 are standing)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2015

All of the Daily Fail patter, relating to benefits...

Make your own mind up...

https://twitter.com/BBCRealityCheck/status/593853199657934848

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 30 Apr 2015

Finally received my UKIP mailshot through in the post today. I found the candidate blurb to be a bit general to be honest. The same blurb, slightly modified, could be used to describe any candidate standing in any constituency. That said, the literature presented by the other parties hasn't been that much better. I've still yet to receive a mailshot from the Greens.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Y961 XBU - 30 Apr 2015

I got mine from Labour today, am tempted to drop buy their office and give it them back in am honest.

Looking at the online Polls and it seems like this Election is going to be fun as Predictions are showing that Con and Lib Dems will not have the required number of seats to make another Col and if an agreement was made Labour and SNP would have the same issue!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/apr/20/election-2015-constituency-map?src=nav

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 01 May 2015

(30 Apr 2015, 11:34 am)MrFozz I have had leaflets for the Conservatives, UKIP, Lib Dems and The N.E Party...

Still waiting for Labour, BNP and Greens(if them 2 are standing)

It is interesting that you mention the BNP. 

The BNP fielded a candidate in Blaydon in 2010 but have no candidates standing in 2015. In 2010, the BNP managed to secure 2,277 votes in Blaydon and managed to keep their deposit - scraping by with 5.1% of the vote share. 

In 2010, UKIP did not field a candidate. Mark Bell is standing this time round as previously discussed. It'll be interesting to see whether UKIP are able to secure more votes than the BNP in the upcoming election. If they manage to secure more or less the same amount, then I'd suggest it's a crude indication of where the base of UKIP support lies within the constituency of Blaydon. 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Jimmi - 01 May 2015

UKIP reports Have I Got News for You to the police.
http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001801/ukip_versus_have_i_got_news_for_you/

(01 May 2015, 5:57 pm)Jimmi UKIP reports Have I Got News for You to the police.
http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001801/ukip_versus_have_i_got_news_for_you/

He just doesn't learn does he?

Complaining about such trivialities only serves to ridicule him, his party, and their supporters even more. 

(01 May 2015, 6:01 pm)MurdnunoC He just doesn't learn does he?

Complaining about such trivialities only serves to ridicule him, his party, and their supporters even more. 

It is pretty poor really complaining about some rather minor stuff said on a comedy show. They seem to be doing this every time something doesn't go their way, its like a child wanting an ice cream but the child's parents say no so the child then starts crying in the hope mummy and daddy get them an ice cream - I think that's basically describes it.

I would say more on the matter but I may get reported to the police Big Grin

(01 May 2015, 6:09 pm)Jimmi It is pretty poor really complaining about some rather minor stuff said on a comedy show. They seem to be doing this every time something doesn't go their way, its like a child wanting an ice cream but the child's parents say no so the child then starts crying in the hope mummy and daddy get them an ice cream - I think that's basically describes it.

I would absolutely love it if Big Nige reported me to the police. Not that it would amount to much mind. I'm not regulated by Ofcom so I'm entitled to my own personal opinion peppered with any amount of vitriolic bias to boot. 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 5:57 pm)Jimmi UKIP reports Have I Got News for You to the police.
Hahaha

He wad peed off at the BBC the other week, when he claimed the audience was chosen to be against (or something like that) boo hoo Big Nige, you big man child Big Grin

(01 May 2015, 6:01 pm)MurdnunoC He just doesn't learn does he?

Hasn't Big Nige appeared on HIGNFY a number of times in the past
(01 May 2015, 6:09 pm)Jimmi It is pretty poor really complaining about some rather minor stuff said on a comedy show. They seem to be doing this every time something doesn't go their way, its like a child wanting an ice cream but the child's parents say no so the child then starts crying in the hope mummy and daddy get them an ice cream - I think that's basically describes it.

I won't forget Russell Howard upsetting/taking piss out of the English Defence League on his Good News show

EDL members and sympathisers were even talking about demonstrating at his gigs and whereever he was on TV...idiots

(01 May 2015, 6:30 pm)MrFozz Hasn't Big Nige appeared on HIGNFY a number of times in the past

I won't forget Russell Howard upsetting/taking piss out of the English Defence League on his Good News show

Apparently he was on the last series of HIGNFY.

EDL are idiots.

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 01 May 2015

I wonder if Nigel Farage will be flying around in a plane on Election Day Big Grin

We should be able to remember what happened in 2010
UKIP Nigel Farage Plane Crash
[Image: coming-out-of-wrec_1630933i.jpg]

Would not wish that on anybody, must have been a real brown trousers moment

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 01 May 2015

Watching a Welsh Political Debate...

Leanne Wood definately has that milf thing going on there, I also love her sexy little accent

[Image: video-undefined-273BEAAF00000578-795_636x358.jpg]

I would definately get Wood for Leanne if she popped my house [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]