North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 01 May 2015

Wanna shit on some politicians, check out this mad little app pigeon poop

Pigeon Poop

[Image: 78d1bf7e818d822ba0155b1393c5717b.jpg]

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 01 May 2015

Just joined Labour, £1 per year as I'm in the 14-19 age bracket Big Grin 

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 05 May 2015

ukip candidate suspended for threatening to shoot tory rival

Oh no, UKIP members showing there true colours yet again

Ukip has suspended one of its parliamentary candidates just two days before the general election after a video emerged in which he appears to threaten to shoot his Tory rival.

In a secret recording made as part of an investigation by the Mirror, Robert Blay, who was standing in North East Hampshire, was shown declaring that he "absolutely loathes" Conservative candidate Ranil Jayawardena.

Ukip has now apologised to Mr Jayawardena for Mr Blay's "abhorrent" remarks.

In the video, Blay said:

If he is I will personally put a bullet between his eyes.

If this lad turns up to be our Prime Minister, I will personally put a bullet in him. That’s how strong I feel about it.

I won’t have this f***** as our Prime Minister. I absolutely loathe him.

He also goes on to claim Mr Jayawardena was not "British enough" to stand for MP as his family only moved to the UK in the 70s, and said of the constituency - widely considered a safe Tory seat: "I've always said in my constituency you could put a monkey out there with a blue rosette on and it would win."

What a clown

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 05 May 2015

And they will always get exposed like this because, rightfully or wrongfully, that's how people (some members included) view UKIP - an acceptable brand of jingoism with a xenophobic political outlook.

Politics (and other political stuff) - Jimmi - 05 May 2015

On Thursday TV channel E4 will close down between 7am-7pm in a bid to get younger people to go out in vote in the election.

Bit pointless really as it is too late to register to vote and do we really think people watching repeats of the Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother in the middle of the day would really bother to go out and vote and in fairness do we really want people watching E4 daytime repeats to affect the outcome of who will run the country.

I have to say that I sort of fall into this category as I haven't registered to vote and even if I did I probably still wouldn't vote simply because I do not know enough about this sort of thing so I wouldn't begin to know who to vote for and I would rather not vote than just pick a party at random as I would not want to feel responsible for making the decision I had made if things go wrong. I just don't have enough interest and enough knowledge to know who to vote for and some of the things they come out with, I wish I did know more and could take an interest but I just can't seem to find any real interest in this and to make a sensible decision of who to vote for.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 05 May 2015

My vote has already been cast. Postal voting together with various methods of implementing direct democracy will probably do more encourage voting than shutting down a television station for a day.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Jimmi - 05 May 2015

(05 May 2015, 10:55 pm)MurdnunoC My vote has already been cast. Postal voting together with various methods of implementing direct democracy will probably do more encourage voting than shutting down a television station for a day.

Most will probably just watch Jezza Kyle and Judge Judy repeats on ITV2 instead.

I don't think enough is done in getting younger people to vote, it seems like all the attention to get younger people to vote seems to go to the ones who already have some knowledge on it and will vote but could be just a case of not decided which party to vote for. There seems to have been nothing much aimed at getting the likes of me interested in voting, it's just a bunch of people saying "young people, voting matters" that gives me zero help, I have very little understanding about what is actually going on right now and what it all really means.

I hoping these posts don't make me sound thick or anything but I am getting headache just thinking about this. I wish I was more interested and knowledgeable but it's just not there which is a shame.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 06 May 2015

I hope everyone has either posted their postal votes, or made some time tomorrow to go and vote! Smile

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 06 May 2015

(06 May 2015, 8:39 pm)aureolin I hope everyone has either posted their postal votes, or made some time tomorrow to go and vote! Smile
First thing I will do tomorrow before I goto Seaham

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 06 May 2015

(06 May 2015, 8:39 pm)aureolin I hope everyone has either posted their postal votes, or made some time tomorrow to go and vote! Smile

Postal vote signed, sealed and posted.

Took about half an hour to work out which envelope went in where, but hopefully I cracked it Wink

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisstokelwalker/faster-than-a-speeding-ballot

Article on the obsession to announce first

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Dan - 07 May 2015

Thoughts on the attached?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 6:55 am)Dan Thoughts on the attached?

Most of that is bull shit, people are only saying that because they want to deny most of the "real" stuff hes going on about, such as immigration problems and the fact people can still get benefits for their children when they aren't even in the country!

Green Party is a load of do gooders, wanting to do things which will wreak the country, £10 minimum wage, businesses struggle with the current one! 

Labour - did fuck all for us while they were in power!

Conservatives - Done quite a bit for the NE while in power, example, gave us funding for the bridge - although they still for the rich! 

Liberal Democrats - Nah rather not - Cameron's pets! Tongue  

Personally i'm not voting... 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

Shame The Monster Raving Looney Party are not standing in Easington...I would vote for them lol

Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 07 May 2015

We're having our own election in school. We actually have a UKIP parliamentary candidate in our sixth form... I'm working with him today!

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - beefcake - 07 May 2015

Irregardless of who I go and vote for, I know Labour are just going to retain the seat, as that many people will just vote blindly for them

(07 May 2015, 8:13 am)beefcake Irregardless of who I go and vote for, I know Labour are just going to retain the seat, as that many people will just vote blindly for them
My dad always says our Constituency is like Hartlepool...Labour could put a monkey up for election and it would be voted in [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

We'd probably hang said monkey first, and then vote it in

(07 May 2015, 8:19 am)beefcake We'd probably hang said monkey first, and then vote it in
You lot did vote a monkey in, H'angus for Mayor Big Grin

Stewart Drummond or someone weren't it?

Didn't he dump the monkey suit as soon as he took the Mayors job

We did vote him in back in 2002, and he did drop the suit as soon as he got the job. He only got ousted after Labour realised they couldn't beat him in the mayoral election so voted to scrap the post. Still didn't get my free bananas he promised either.

(07 May 2015, 9:02 am)beefcake We did vote him in back in 2002, and he did drop the suit as soon as he got the job. He only got ousted after Labour realised they couldn't beat him in the mayoral election so voted to scrap the post. Still didn't get my free bananas he promised either.
Did he stay Independent right through his time as mayor, I thought he aligned himself with The Labour Party