North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 8:46 pm)aureolin I think, strictly speaking, that she has the power to dissolve Government off her own back. It just never happens. The Queen remains the head of state, hence the request to her to form Government. It is more of a tradition than anything nowadays though, similar to the state opening of Parliament, and the Queen's speech then.
Ah right, cheers for explaining

I always have a laugh at the Queens Speech, I like to hear Dennis Skinner trolling Black Rod (or whatever he is called) [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

3 people in my house are unhappy today...

My mam, Dad and sister could not vote as they were not registered...

I told my mam for a few weeks to register, I registered about 3/4 weeks ago, but my mam insisted she was on the electoral register...well she wasn't

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 07 May 2015

Exit poll due on BBC in 3 minutes - eeek!

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 07 May 2015

ITVs exit poll: 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

Bloody Hell...if that bbc exit poll proves to be correct then Cameron should have not much of a problem forming a majority coalition, Ed Miliband would be miles behind on that Exit Poll

Sunderland south getting the publicity on ITV. Trying to beat their record of 43 mins in 2001

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

Bloody Tyne and Wear rivalry extensive to politics, Newcastle are aiming for a quick count as well

They can count it as quickly as they want. We're screwed if that exit poll is remotely correct!

(07 May 2015, 9:15 pm)aureolin They can count it as quickly as they want. We're screwed if that exit poll is remotely correct!
On those figures, would it be safe to say that Cameron would not find it too hard to form a coalition...

Paddy Ashdown saying to Andrew Neil 'If that exit poll is correct, I'll eat my hat on your show' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(07 May 2015, 9:20 pm)MrFozz On those figures, would it be safe to say that Cameron would not find it too hard to form a coalition...

Paddy Ashdown saying to Andrew Neil 'If that exit poll is correct, I'll eat my hat on your show' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

On those figures, a Con/Dup/UKIP coalition would be a workable majority... Sad 

So for Miliband to form a government he would need every other party onside I see, even then the majority a Miliband Rainbow Coalition gives majority in single figures...

Oh well here is to an interesting night...

Looks like the Lib Dems are going to take a right good hiding and Labour will be wiped out in Scotland

(07 May 2015, 9:26 pm)MrFozz So for Miliband to form a government he would need every other party onside I see, even then the majority a Miliband Rainbow Coalition gives majority in single figures...

Oh well here is to an interesting night...

Looks like the Lib Dems are going to take a right good hiding and Labour will be wiped out in Scotland

Put it this way, the last time Labour had a minority Government (James Callaghan), it was defeated by a vote of no confidence.

(07 May 2015, 9:28 pm)aureolin Put it this way, the last time Labour had a minority Government (James Callaghan), it was defeated by a vote of no confidence.
Was that '74 when there was a 2nd General Election in October '74

(07 May 2015, 9:29 pm)MrFozz Was that '74 when there was a 2nd General Election in October '74

Think it may have been '79.

(07 May 2015, 9:29 pm)MrFozz Was that '74 when there was a 2nd General Election in October '74

'79 I think? Because it was following the winter of discontent. The next Government formed was by Thatcher. 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 07 May 2015

All we have to hope for, is that the sampling technique is flawed!

#samplingonNEB

(07 May 2015, 9:34 pm)Andreos1 All we have to hope for, is that the sampling technique is flawed!

#samplingonNEB

22,000 sample, and they reckon what... 30m voters? 

(07 May 2015, 9:36 pm)aureolin 22,000 sample, and they reckon what... 30m voters? 
22,000 from 30,000,000 is 0.0007% can that number really be representative of the whole, how accurate are exit polls, I was reading about an exit poll in 1992 that famously got it wrong

Labour retain Sunderland South.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 9:50 pm)Robert Labour retain Sunderland South.

No surprise there then. 

Lib Dems have lost their deposit in Houghton & Sunderland South. 5th place.

I'm pleased Bridget has won, as she's one of the few Labour MPs I trust these days.