North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 9:50 pm)Robert Labour retain Sunderland South.
Was a foregone conclusion really...her majority gone up by around 2,000 as well

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 9:52 pm)aureolin Lib Dems have lost their deposit in Houghton & Sunderland South. 5th place.

I'm pleased Bridget has won, as she's one of the few Labour MPs I trust these days.

Hopefully she can push on with her Big Bus campaign! Big Grin

(07 May 2015, 9:52 pm)aureolin Lib Dems have lost their deposit in Houghton & Sunderland South. 5th place.

I'm pleased Bridget has won, as she's one of the few Labour MPs I trust these days.

Not a bad looking woman either Big Grin

UKIP in 2nd and Lib Dems smashed Big Grin

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 07 May 2015

I think the Lib Dems will lose their deposit in a lot of places tonight.

The sense of betrayal, and I'm not just talking about tuition fees, still runs deep among many left-wingers not wishing to support Labour.

Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 07 May 2015

[Image: 67da8df3e33447fa4ecee993fac76953.jpg]

Big Grin

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 07 May 2015

https://twitter.com/Charles_HRH/status/596432511149944833

Rolleyes

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 07 May 2015

Looks like Labour have retained Sunderland Central too.

Another Lib Dem lost deposit???

What will be interesting, if Labour don't end up in power - is the impact of the Scottish vote.
In their quest for power and in killing off Labour north of the border, the SNP have effectively ensured another 5 years of Tory rule.

(07 May 2015, 10:17 pm)Andreos1 What will be interesting, if Labour don't end up in power - is the impact of the Scottish vote.
In their quest for power and in killing off Labour north of the border, the SNP have effectively ensured another 5 years of Tory rule.

If the exit poll is 100% accurate though, the Labour + SNP seats wouldn't equate to what the Tories have. Labour killed off Labour, and I really don't blame the way any of our brothers and sisters north of the border have voted.

(07 May 2015, 10:17 pm)MrFozz Another Lib Dem lost deposit???

They came 5th again. Ill,let you figure out the rest  Wink

(07 May 2015, 10:21 pm)Robert They came 5th again. Ill,let you figure out the rest  Wink
What kind of result is needed to get your 500 quid back??? Is it about 5%-6%

(07 May 2015, 10:22 pm)MrFozz What kind of result is needed to get your 500 quid back??? Is it about 5%-6%

5%...

(07 May 2015, 10:20 pm)aureolin If the exit poll is 100% accurate though, the Labour + SNP seats wouldn't equate to what the Tories have. Labour killed off Labour, and I really don't blame the way any of our brothers and sisters north of the border have voted.

Whilst I agree with you about Labour killing off Labour in England, the whole independence thing has really stirred up interest in the SNP.
The switch has been massive and I don't think that is totally down to the last Labour government.

I don't think the poll will be 100% accurate at all. There will be surprises all over the place.

(07 May 2015, 10:17 pm)Andreos1 What will be interesting, if Labour don't end up in power - is the impact of the Scottish vote.

I don't blame the SNP for ensuring another five years of Tory rule. I disagree with the principle of tactical voting. People should vote for whichever political candidate they feel represents them the best. If Scottish voters believe the SNP will represent their interests best then so be it - even if it has the inadvertent effect of enabling another period of Tory rule. Labour (and the Lib-Dems) should have done more to appeal to the Scottish electorate. If they failed to do this, it's on them, not the SNP.

Labour also have Washington and Sunderland West

I wonder if Eddie Knackers will be defeated in his bid

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 10:29 pm)Robert Labour also have Washington and Sunderland West

UKIP second again... they doing well for the votes.

(07 May 2015, 10:35 pm)Michael UKIP second again... they doing well for the votes.

But ultimately meaningless as you don't owt for second place.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 10:37 pm)MurdnunoC But ultimately meaningless as you don't owt for second place.

Maybe not but still shows people support them.

They probables aim for the 2020 election Tongue