North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 22 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 10:35 am)Michael Stupid question but here it is anyway...

I signed up in April to vote in the EU referendum and the email said Sunderland Council would get back to me to tell me that i can vote but they haven't...

Does this mean i can still vote?

Here is part of the email:

Thanks for your application to be added to the electoral register or to update your details.

Your reference number is (removed my number)

We've sent your application to Sunderland City Council. They'll contact you as soon as possible to confirm you're registered to vote, or to ask for more information.

If you have any questions about your application, contact them using the details below.

I reckon there has been a mix up somewhere and you're not voting tomorrow!

Maybe worth following that advice at the bottom of the email and speaking to the council Wink

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 22 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 10:35 am)Michael Stupid question but here it is anyway...

I signed up in April to vote in the EU referendum and the email said Sunderland Council would get back to me to tell me that i can vote but they haven't...

Thanks for your application to be added to the electoral register or to update your details.

We've sent your application to Sunderland City Council. They'll contact you as soon as possible to confirm you're registered to vote, or to ask for more information.

If you have any questions about your application, contact them using the details below.

Have you received your polling card?
Have you voted in any other election?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 22 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm)MurdnunoC Have you received your polling card?
Have you voted in any other election?

Don't think I've received out for it but i wanted to go to the polls anyway as its just along the road, first time voting! Tongue

(22 Jun 2016, 6:43 pm)Michael Don't think I've received out for it but i wanted to go to the polls anyway as its just along the road, first time voting! 

But have you received a polling card before and decided not to vote (for whatever reason)?

(22 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm)MurdnunoC But have you received a polling card before and decided not to vote (for whatever reason)?

Ye i think i have, i haven't voted recently because I've never had any interest in it but now, i think its time i should take notice

(22 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm)Michael Ye i think i have, i haven't voted recently because I've never had any interest in it but now, i think its time i should take notice

Right. That means you were probably already registered to vote and didn't need to register again unless you've moved house within the last five years or so.

(22 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm)MurdnunoC Right. That means you were probably already registered to vote and didn't need to register again unless you've moved house within the last five years or so.

Ah right, that's good, thanks, sorry if it sounded like the dumbest question ever!

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - BusLoverMum - 22 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm)Michael Ah right, that's good, thanks, sorry if it sounded like the dumbest question ever!

If you don't have a card, turn up at your local polling station with some proof of address (eg bank statement, bill or recent official letter such as student loan correspondence). They usually know how to deal with people who have lost their cards - they have a list of people eligible to vote there on them.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - NK53 TKT - 22 Jun 2016

MichaelStupid question but here it is anyway...

Just check at the polling station unless you had a postal vote.

I hope it works out for you Smile

(22 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm)BusLoverMum If you don't have a card, turn up at your local polling station with some proof of address (eg bank statement, bill or recent official letter such as student loan correspondence). They usually know how to deal with people who have lost their cards - they have a list of people eligible to vote there on them.

Cheers BLM, can i use my provisonal?

lets hope when i get to the place

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - northern156 - 22 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm)Michael Cheers BLM, can i use my provisonal?

lets hope when i get to the place

I'm almost certain provisional driving licenses are classed as a legal form of ID. Smile

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 23 Jun 2016

(22 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm)northern156 I'm almost certain provisional driving licenses are classed as a legal form of ID. Smile

Yes, photocard driving licences are classed as an acceptable form of legal ID.

The full list can be found here (click on 'Proof of identity checklist for individuals):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proof-of-identity-checklist/proof-of-identity-checklist

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - northern156 - 23 Jun 2016

(23 Jun 2016, 7:59 am)MurdnunoC Yes, photocard driving licences are classed as an acceptable form of legal ID.

The full list can be found here (click on 'Proof of identity checklist for individuals):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proof-of-identity-checklist/proof-of-identity-checklist
Cheers. I would've had a look myself if I was at all arsed last night.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 23 Jun 2016

My vote is in...

Make sure yours counts.. No complaining if it doesn't go the way you wanted it to nd you didn't vote...
Unless you're under age

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - NK53 TKT - 23 Jun 2016

(23 Jun 2016, 10:26 am)Michael Unless you're under age

Sadly yes, 6 years and two weeks until I turn 18

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 23 Jun 2016

My vote is in. I've used a permanent marker, just in case one of those crafty counters has one of these bad boys in their pencil case... Big Grin

[Image: main-qimg-effde3cf76ab7f16cd359cbeacdd36a6]

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Tom - 23 Jun 2016

I haven't really viewed this thread as I'm not interested in politics so sorry if it has been said before but what is everyone voting?

Both my parents are voting leave.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 23 Jun 2016

Just to make sure my vote wasn't tampered with, I used....

[Image: cd0acb98-5d52-4f2e-afde-d96740b1ccdd_text.gif]

#nopensorpencilsvotesafe

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - PO51WNF - 23 Jun 2016

(23 Jun 2016, 5:03 pm)Tom I haven't really viewed this thread as I'm not interested in politics so sorry if it has been said before but what is everyone voting?

Both my parents are voting leave.

I voted leave. Smile

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Tom - 23 Jun 2016

(23 Jun 2016, 8:40 pm)PO51WNF I voted leave. Smile

Most people I know did to be fair. I'm not sure myself too young to vote anyway but if I was old enough I wouldn't have a clue.