North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 11 Feb 2015

(11 Feb 2015, 9:34 pm)MrFozz Daft question...

How do I find if I will be eligible to vote or will I need to wait till my voting card arrives, as I have voted in every single election 2001 is it safe to say I am almost certainly registered to vote???

If in doubt - https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

You're in Durham aren't you? If so, I had 'the occupier' letter through the door recently, which listed those eligible to vote at my address.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 11 Feb 2015

(11 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm)aureolin If in doubt - https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

You're in Durham aren't you? If so, I had 'the occupier' letter through the door recently, which listed those eligible to vote at my address.
Cheers mate

Yeah, I am in Murton mate, sure I have seen 'To the Occupier' letter lying about somewhere in the last few weeks...

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 23 Feb 2015

.jpg
Twitter8b5a6cc.jpg
Size 138.68 KB / Downloads 13

Erm...

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

Two things annoying me today, but sticking them in here, due to the nature of them.

The first one, relates to Thatcher. Always had my suspicions and now it appears to be true
http://news.sky.com/story/1440761/thatcher-turned-blind-eye-to-paedophile-mps

The second 'annoyance', goes to back to a post I made previously about the dictatorship that is the EU and the un-elected President Junker wanting to form an EU army.
http://rt.com/news/238797-eu-joint-army-threat/

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 09 Mar 2015

As soon as I'm 18 I am going to vote UKIP

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm)leestransportphotos As soon as I'm 18 I am going to vote UKIP

Don't think I've ever made a good presence in this thread, so now may be the time. I have a politically-interested friend who informs me of a lot things, and he is a Conservative-obsessed guy. Very intelligent too, could prove you wrong in a situation he has little knowledge of.

I have always agreed with UKIP's policies, but I fear being seen as a racist. If I had to pick out of the 4 when I first vote - they'll get mine.

My mam's side of the family (primarily coal mining) has always been a (well, there's only her now! Tongue) Labour family - strongly opposed and despising of Conservatives. Her side of the family was literally torn apart during the fights for the pits against Margaret Thatcher.

Whereas my dad's side of the family (which in comparison between him and my mam, he had a much better upbringing in a middle-class environment) has always been Conservative, and opposed to Labour.

A hard battle to fight, but I know for a fact we have always gone with Conservative since Labour got the push out office a few years ago.

My thoughts on the Liberal Democrats: can't stand that Nick Clegg, wanting us to go to school on Saturdays...citaro5284 wouldn't get his reviews for gods sake! Tongue On a serious note, I literally can't stand them or anything they stand for.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm)leestransportphotos As soon as I'm 18 I am going to vote UKIP

Why UKIP out of interest? What stands out as a vote winner?

(09 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I've ever made a good presence in this thread, so now may be the time. I have a politically-interested friend who informs me of a lot things, and he is a Conservative-obsessed guy. Very intelligent too, could prove you wrong in a situation he has little knowledge of.

I have always agreed with UKIP's policies, but I fear being seen as a racist. If I had to pick out of the 4 when I first vote - they'll get mine.

My mam's side of the family (primarily coal mining) has always been a (well, there's only her now! Tongue) Labour family - strongly opposed and despising of Conservatives. Her side of the family was literally torn apart during the fights for the pits against Margaret Thatcher.

Whereas my dad's side of the family (which in comparison between him and my mam, he had a much better upbringing in a middle-class environment) has always been Conservative, and opposed to Labour.

A hard battle to fight, but I know for a fact we have always gone with Conservative since Labour got the push out office a few years ago.

My thoughts on the Liberal Democrats: can't stand that Nick Clegg, wanting us to go to school on Saturdays...citaro5284 wouldn't get his reviews for gods sake! Tongue On a serious note, I literally can't stand them or anything they stand for.

Which UKIP policies stand out to you, and for what reasons? 

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm)aureolin Why UKIP out of interest? What stands out as a vote winner?

Which UKIP policies stand out to you, and for what reasons? 

Independence.

Another that I've always liked is that we would pay exactly the same student fees as International students. Assuming I've got this right, and not wrong, that would mean I would pay less for university, and everyone would be equal. Like someone once said to me - 'money is necessary for survival, not matter how much you have'. My thoughts on it are cheaper things are, no matter how much you have to spare, will always appeal.

Without wanting to come across as racist, I like the whole 'British jobs for British people' idea. Like always, if I expand on that point, I'll end up digging myself a hole...so I'll leave that one there.

Although, having said that, one thing that would worry me was the fact I heard that Nigel Farage doesn't have a degree or further education? Do you know this to be true? I must say, that would put me off slightly.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 6:16 pm)MarcTheA4 Independence.

Another that I've always liked is that we would pay exactly the same student fees as International students. Assuming I've got this right, and not wrong, that would mean I would pay less for university, and everyone would be equal. Like someone once said to me - 'money is necessary for survival, not matter how much you have'. My thoughts on it are cheaper things are, no matter how much you have to spare, will always appeal.

Without wanting to come across as racist, I like the whole 'British jobs for British people' idea. Like always, if I expand on that point, I'll end up digging myself a hole...so I'll leave that one there.

Although, having said that, one thing that would worry me was the fact I heard that Nigel Farage doesn't have a degree or further education? Do you know this to be true? I must say, that would put me off slightly.

You do realise International students tend to pay more to study in the UK. I think you may have misunderstood something there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23614142

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm)MurdnunoC You do realise International students tend to pay more to study in the UK. I think you may have misunderstood something there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23614142

Oh I see...................#fail. Well that's embarrassing. Tongue

That aside, I still agree with independence and the 'British jobs for British people' campaign.

Independence from what? A complete withdrawal from the EU? Given that picking and choosing the best bits is highly unlikely to be an option...

UKIP also want out of the EFTA and the EEA. This stops foreign workers having the freedom to work in the UK, but people quickly forget that it prevents us from working in the EU. 

They've also made a manifesto commitment to abolish the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, as well as the Department of Energy and Climate Change. I understand people may not see the latter as a big issue, but this policy is nuts...

On student fees. They're saying students from the EU would pay the same as International students, but there's no mention in the manifesto of lower fees for UK students. 

They massively support the creation of 'Free Schools' (sigh... read up on them...), that uphold 'British Values'. I remember a well known dictator who once wanted to impose his country's values on people... 

Two others:
1) "UKIP will withdraw from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights"
2) "We will repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a new British Bill of Rights. The interests of law-abiding citizens & victims will always take precedence over those of criminals. "

Well and truly a return to the dark ages of inequality...

UKIP's immigration policy. An Australian based model: I'm always called a racist for supporting them but what's racist about that

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 6:31 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh I see...................#fail. Well that's embarrassing. Tongue

That aside, I still agree with independence and the 'British jobs for British people' campaign.

Just to jump in on this, some of the most loyal, hardworking people I have worked with, alongside or 'for me', have been Polish.
Always exceptions to the rule, but I am sure our insiders would agree with the main part of the sentiments. Particularly when they do the jobs locals won't or don't want to do.
Bus operators wouldn't have recruited Polish people, if the natives wanted to do it and do it well.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh I see...................#fail. Well that's embarrassing. Tongue

Now i see why you said what you said below, mind you, i wouldnt have a clue either: 

(09 Mar 2015, 6:31 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I've ever made a good presence in this thread

Everyone says UKIP won't let anyone in! That is untrue, people who can benifit the country (eg Polish hard workers) canc

(09 Mar 2015, 6:41 pm)leestransportphotos Everyone says UKIP won't let anyone in! That is untrue, people who can benifit the country (eg Polish hard workers) canc

But that's not true is it? Where does it say that in their manifesto?

"UKIP will leave the EU, and take back control of our borders. Work permits will be permitted to fill skills gaps in the UK jobs market."

It's not based on hard working, or where you're from, it's whether we require your skill. Different thing completely.

It's very true. Various point have been raised on there manifesto and Facebook etc

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

Think I'll just steer clear of politics from now on.

If I try to voice my own views, be they misguided or not - it turns into a shark attack.

(09 Mar 2015, 6:57 pm)MarcTheA4 Think I'll just steer clear of politics from now on.

If I try to voice my own views, be they misguided or not - it turns into a shark attack.

You'll never be able to completely avoid politics. They always exist, no matter what the situation, or wherever you are. If you have views on something, I encourage you to stick by them, but it's always wide to read in depth at exactly what the said policies are. Politics are controlled by spin doctors, who put a great media spin on whatever a political party are trying to push for.

The great thing about politics is that we all have our own views, and it's always interesting to debate them. I used to get the 'shark attack' feeling at Labour meetings, because my views on some matters can be too left wing for them.

Try this - https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/. See what you get?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 11:08 am)Andreos1 Two things annoying me today, but sticking them in here, due to the nature of them.

The first one, relates to Thatcher. Always had my suspicions and now it appears to be true
http://news.sky.com/story/1440761/thatcher-turned-blind-eye-to-paedophile-mps

The second 'annoyance', goes to back to a post I made previously about the dictatorship that is the EU and the un-elected President Junker wanting to form an EU army.
http://rt.com/news/238797-eu-joint-army-threat/

Would not surprise if abuse went right to the heart of No.10 with Dennis Thatcher involved in some way...

How would a Pan-European Armed Force work, would it be like the UN when they do peacekeeping, would each country keep there own Forces or would they all be absorbed by the EU Armed Forces...

Is this just Juncker sabre rattling in Russias face, if it went ahead, would EU members be obligated to join and would future entries into the EU be made to join the Pan European Forces as a condition for EU Membership...

(09 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I've ever made a good presence in this thread, so now may be the time. I have a politically-interested friend who informs me of a lot things, and he is a Conservative-obsessed guy. Very intelligent too, could prove you wrong in a situation he has little knowledge of.

My mam's side of the family (primarily coal mining) has always been a (well, there's only her now! ) Labour family - strongly opposed and despising of Conservatives. Her side of the family was literally torn apart during the fights for the pits against Margaret Thatcher.

My thoughts on the Liberal Democrats: can't stand that Nick Clegg, wanting us to go to school on Saturdays...citaro5284 wouldn't get his reviews for gods sake! On a serious note, I literally can't stand them or anything they stand for.

A lot of lives were ruined by Thatcher in the Miners Strike, families split up and lifelong friendships smashed by what seemed Thatcher using divide and conquer tactics and communities suffered and paid a hefty price, those of us who are older will have witnessed the demise of once proud mining communities...Thatcher was never going to be beaten by the Miners, if she was gonna get beat, I reckon if she were to be beaten she would have taken the country down with her.

As for school on a Saturday, I used to goto school for half day on Saturdays when I went to Choristers in Durham, but anything that deprives Citaro of a Marcus review is bad for bus companies takings, lol

So I guess you are Euro-Sceptic in your beliefs.

I am almost sure Farage has no further education or university degree, bit he did goto a top Independent School, Dulwich College I think. He went from there to work in the City of London, just because someone never went to college or got a degree would not stop me voting for someone. I personally think Farage is fcukwit and utter c***t, a total ballbag and bell end

I could probably use every swear word known to man to describe what I feel about Big Nige...But I think the same of most politicians