North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 6:57 pm)MarcTheA4 Think I'll just steer clear of politics from now on.

If I try to voice my own views, be they misguided or not - it turns into a shark attack.

Not sure anyone turned it into a shark attack like.

Just people sharing their experiences and the bigger picture.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Tom - 09 Mar 2015

Politics bores me.
I don't know the foggiest about it!

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I've ever made a good presence in this thread, so now may be the time. I have a politically-interested friend who informs me of a lot things, and he is a Conservative-obsessed guy. Very intelligent too, could prove you wrong in a situation he has little knowledge of.

I have always agreed with UKIP's policies, but I fear being seen as a racist. If I had to pick out of the 4 when I first vote - they'll get mine.

My mam's side of the family (primarily coal mining) has always been a (well, there's only her now! Tongue) Labour family - strongly opposed and despising of Conservatives. Her side of the family was literally torn apart during the fights for the pits against Margaret Thatcher.

Whereas my dad's side of the family (which in comparison between him and my mam, he had a much better upbringing in a middle-class environment) has always been Conservative, and opposed to Labour.

A hard battle to fight, but I know for a fact we have always gone with Conservative since Labour got the push out office a few years ago.

My thoughts on the Liberal Democrats: can't stand that Nick Clegg, wanting us to go to school on Saturdays...citaro5284 wouldn't get his reviews for gods sake! Tongue On a serious note, I literally can't stand them or anything they stand for.

I wish I was a year older, and I'd be able to vote this year Sad

If I could, I'd vote Labour. I don't like anything the Conservatives stand for, and doing history this year has made me realise that in the early 1900's if it wasn't for the emergence of Labour, the Liberals probably wouldn't have brought about the reforms, after 1906. If it wasn't for that Britain as a country would have been totally unprepared for war, in 1914. The state of the country was appalling after years of the Conservatives looking after only themselves and the upper, landed classes.

The NHS will be nothing like we know it currently is if the Conservatives get in this year again, and I fear that the opinion that many have of Ed Miliband will hinder Labour a little, but at least he never left his kid in a pub...

(09 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm)MrFozz Would not surprise if abuse went right to the heart of No.10 with Dennis Thatcher involved in some way...

How would a Pan-European Armed Force work, would it be like the UN when they do peacekeeping, would each country keep there own Forces or would they all be absorbed by the EU Armed Forces...

Is this just Juncker sabre rattling in Russias face, if it went ahead, would EU members be obligated to join and would future entries into the EU be made to join the Pan European Forces as a condition for EU Membership...

A lot of lives were ruined by Thatcher in the Miners Strike, families split up and lifelong friendships smashed by what seemed Thatcher using divide and conquer tactics and communities suffered and paid a hefty price, those of us who are older will have witnessed the demise of once proud mining communities...Thatcher was never going to be beaten by the Miners, if she was gonna get beat, I reckon if she were to be beaten she would have taken the country down with her.

As for school on a Saturday, I used to goto school for half day on Saturdays when I went to Choristers in Durham, but anything that deprives Citaro of a Marcus review is bad for bus companies takings, lol

So I guess you are Euro-Sceptic in your beliefs.

I am almost sure Farage has no further education or university degree, bit he did goto a top Independent School, Dulwich College I think. He went from there to work in the City of London, just because someone never went to college or got a degree would not stop me voting for someone. I personally think Farage is fcukwit and utter c***t, a total ballbag and bell end

I could probably use every swear word known to man to describe what I feel about Big Nige...But I think the same of most politicians

No idea how the EU army would work.
Probably not thought out at all.

Nowt would surprise me about the establishment back in the 80's.
They always looked after their own and still do.

(09 Mar 2015, 7:06 pm)Tom Politics bores me.
I don't know the foggiest about it!

QCS is politics Wink.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:03 pm)aureolin Try this - https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/. See what you get?

.png
vfp.PNG
Size 12.41 KB / Downloads 11

(09 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm)MrFozz A lot of lives were ruined by Thatcher in the Miners Strike, families split up and lifelong friendships smashed by what seemed Thatcher using divide and conquer tactics and communities suffered and paid a hefty price, those of us who are older will have witnessed the demise of once proud mining communities...Thatcher was never going to be beaten by the Miners, if she was gonna get beat, I reckon if she were to be beaten she would have taken the country down with her.

As for school on a Saturday, I used to goto school for half day on Saturdays when I went to Choristers in Durham, but anything that deprives Citaro of a Marcus review is bad for bus companies takings, lol

A lot of strike breakers smashed friendships. I've friends and family that went through extremely difficult times in 84/85, but they made the choice to go hungry, rather than to scab on their mates.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:03 pm)aureolin You'll never be able to completely avoid politics. They always exist, no matter what the situation, or wherever you are. If you have views on something, I encourage you to stick by them, but it's always wide to read in depth at exactly what the said policies are. Politics are controlled by spin doctors, who put a great media spin on whatever a political party are trying to push for.

The great thing about politics is that we all have our own views, and it's always interesting to debate them. I used to get the 'shark attack' feeling at Labour meetings, because my views on some matters can be too left wing for them.

Try this - https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/. See what you get?

I just did that Policy Survey my results were

[Image: 185058ffaee07b4a8747adab8fa321cb.jpg]

[Image: 68b113590f84dfa309e8f1d2f922d7f2.jpg]

60% for the Tories 😯

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

I got 40% UKIP, 30% Labour, 30% Green.

(09 Mar 2015, 7:31 pm)MarcTheA4 I got 40% UKIP, 30% Labour, 30% Green.

UKIP to Green, via Labour. That's some political spectrum you have there mind Marcus. Tongue

(09 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm)aureolin A lot of strike breakers smashed friendships. I've friends and family that went through extremely difficult times in 84/85, but they made the choice to go hungry, rather than to scab on their mates.
I have a lot of respect for those who starved and suffered in 84/85, and I respect those who saw it through to the bitter end, I dont agree with strike breaking or have any kind of feeling for scabs(I hate that word btw), it was there own fault for the treatment they have recieved, but some must have been so desperate to feel they had no other choice but to go back to work.

I will never forget what one person told about Scabs...To call someone a scab is akin to calling someone a Murderer, Rapist or Nonce, those guys were literally the lowest of the low...That is why I find it an awful word, only c**t is a worse word in my opinion

Politics (and other political stuff) - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin UKIP to Green, via Labour. That's some political spectrum you have there mind Marcus. Tongue

Keep it bus-related. Wink

(09 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm)MrFozz I have a lot of respect for those who starved and suffered in 84/85, and I respect those who saw it through to the bitter end, I dont agree with strike breaking or have any kind of feeling for scabs(I hate that word btw), it was there own fault for the treatment they have recieved, but some must have been so desperate to feel they had no other choice but to go back to work.

I will never forget what one person told about Scabs...To call someone a scab is akin to calling someone a Murderer, Rapist or Nonce, those guys were literally the lowest of the low...That is why I find it an awful word, only c**t is a worse word in my opinion

It's not nice mate. I've had people scab on picket lines that I've been on, and I've had to go back to work with them. 

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 09 Mar 2015

I got 75% UKIP and 25% Lib Dems

(09 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm)leestransportphotos I got 75% UKIP and 25% Lib Dems
60% Conservative, 20% Labour and 20% UKIP for me...Problem there is, I would never vote for David Scumeron, I guess I will be voting Labour as I wont vote for Big Nige either

(09 Mar 2015, 8:32 pm)MrFozz 60% Conservative, 20% Labour and 20% UKIP for me...Problem there is, I would never vote for David Scumeron, I guess I will be voting Labour as I wont vote for Big Nige either

MrFozz... the only Tory in Murton... Wink

(09 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm)aureolin MrFozz... the only Tory in Murton... Wink
Dont swear at me, I am deeply offended and hurt by that remark
Joking aside, I have never ever thought about voting Tory and never would...My dead great granny would rise from the dead and haunt me if I so much as thought of voting for them Big Grin

Being anti-EU, believing in the need for a decent sized military and being of the opinion that migrant workers shouldn't benefit from the welfare state (initially), may skew my score towards parties that I dislike with a passion and apart from those few policies, have no affinity towards whatsoever.

It should be pretty obvious where my opinions lie on other matters Wink

(09 Mar 2015, 10:29 pm)Andreos1 Being anti-EU, believing in the need for a decent sized military and being of the opinion that migrant workers shouldn't benefit from the welfare state (initially), may skew my score towards parties that I dislike with a passion and apart from those few policies, have no affinity towards whatsoever.

It should be pretty obvious where my opinions lie on other matters Wink
I would say you lean more to the left, am I right

(09 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm)MrFozz I would say you lean more to the left, am I right
...Trotskyist. Wink

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - LeeCalder - 09 Mar 2015

I'm definitely right wing. Not racist though.