North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 03 Apr 2022

(31 Mar 2022, 8:07 pm)peter Not sure if it's been mentioned but the 95 in Whitby is changing from 24th April, presumably associated with NYCC contract changes

Lealholm end was up for tender from this date. Not sure who has won it yet.

Interestingly the extra buses for the top end of the X18 has been won under contract by Travelsure this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 03 Apr 2022

(03 Apr 2022, 12:18 pm)tyresmoke Lealholm end was up for tender from this date. Not sure who has won it yet.

Interestingly the extra buses for the top end of the X18 has been won under contract by Travelsure this summer.

The X18 is an odd one, unless Travelsure are getting a new vehicle especially, will presumably be operated by an E200!

Mentioned it elsewhere in the Northumberland tenders thread, the X18 will also no longer serve Boulmer now served by the 418.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 03 Apr 2022

(03 Apr 2022, 12:18 pm)tyresmoke Lealholm end was up for tender from this date. Not sure who has won it yet.

Arriva have won the 95 again.

I believe that their current alternative timetable has been successful.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - countydurhambuses - 03 Apr 2022

(03 Apr 2022, 12:44 pm)peter The X18 is an odd one, unless Travelsure are getting a new vehicle especially, will presumably be operated by an E200!

Mentioned it elsewhere in the Northumberland tenders thread, the X18 will also no longer serve Boulmer now served by the 418.
Travelsure is running an X18 themselves Arriva still running X18 North

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 03 Apr 2022

(03 Apr 2022, 8:49 pm)countydurhambuses Travelsure is running an X18 themselves Arriva still running X18 North

The current X18 journeys north of Alnwick will still run but seemingly the extra journeys that run summer only will be run by Travelsure

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 05 Apr 2022

Could I get a day ticket on a scholars bus? My only local Arriva service is a scholars, would it be possible to get adult tickets in that if needed?

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 05 Apr 2022

(05 Apr 2022, 8:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 Could I get a day ticket on a scholars bus? My only local Arriva service is a scholars, would it be possible to get adult tickets in that if needed?

Arriva don’t generally run commercial schools around here (no doubt someone will correct me now!) they’re usually under contract to someone else in the NE.
The only one I can think of which might be is the Durham one (865?).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 05 Apr 2022

(05 Apr 2022, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke Arriva don’t generally run commercial schools around here (no doubt someone will correct me now!) they’re usually under contract to someone else in the NE.
The only one I can think of which might be is the Durham one (865?).

Scholars aren't usually commercial are they? Go North East tickets are valid on scholars buses, no idea what tickets can be purchased though. I think only Go North East has that arrangement though. On Arriva it would probably be £1 or something.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RMF1254 - 06 Apr 2022

Arriva run some school services in the Killingworth and Seaton Burn areas, including 652/654/656/693/695/698 I think. They are on the Nexus website.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 09 Apr 2022

(06 Apr 2022, 9:03 am)RMF1254 Arriva run some school services in the Killingworth and Seaton Burn areas, including 652/654/656/693/695/698 I think. They are on the Nexus website.

They are all Nexus contracts though.
Arriva Yorkshire run a number of (I believe) commercial school services in West Yorkshire though!

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 23 May 2022

I wonder if there be any Durham changes?

Temporary changes to our bus timetables
Darlington, Middlesbrough, and Stockton from Sunday 12 June

Bus companies across the area have suffered from the UK-wide driver shortage over recent months, which has resulted in some last-minute cancellations to services within the area. Buses not turning up because of last-minute cancellations goes completely against our service standards and what passengers rightly expect from us. We do not want to let you down, and we are sorry if we have done recently.

As a result, we are making further temporary changes to the services and timetables that we operate, to ensure that we can provide the reliable service that passengers expect and need at this time.

We know that reducing timetables is not a perfect solution, nor do we consider it a permanent one, however the changes we are introducing are designed to ensure critical routes continue to be served, reliably. We feel this is the least disruptive option available to us.

These changes should mean we expect to have a suitable level of available drivers to operate the published timetable and to minimise disruption, whilst we work behind the scenes to recruit new drivers to help us restore our services back to normal frequencies.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our existing drivers, who continue to work extremely hard to run the level of service we do today. Their dedication is exemplary, and we would like to thank them for their continued efforts.

If you know a friend or relative who would like to drive their career forward with Arriva Northeast, do please let them know we are recruiting. We welcome applicants via arrivabusjobs.co.uk.

Services 2/2A Red Hall to Branksome

Monday to Saturday off peak journeys will be revised to operate every 20 minutes. Evening journeys between Red Hall and Branksome will run hourly after 2200 hours daily. Service 2A journeys serving Amazon at shift times will continue to run every 15 minutes. Some Monday to Friday peak time journeys will serve Lingfield Point to replace X67 journeys which are temporarily withdrawn (see X66/X67).
Services 3/3A Skerne Park-Darlington-Mowden/Harrowgate Hill

Sunday daytime journeys between Skerne Park and Darlington will be reduced to operate hourly. No other changes on other days.
Service 4 Darlington – Minors Crescent

Sunday daytime journeys will be reduced to operate hourly. No other changes on other days.
Service 8 Middlesbrough – Netherfields

Monday to Friday daytime journeys will be reduced to operate every 12 minutes. No other changes on other days.
Service 9 Darlington – Springfield

Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly, when combined with Service 10 this will continue to provide a 30-minute frequency between Haughton Road and Darlington. No other changes on other days.
Service 10 Darlington – Whinfield

Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly, when combined with Service 9 this will continue to provide a 30-minute frequency between Haughton Road and Darlington. No other changes on other days.
Service 12 Teesside Airport – Hurworth

The 0719 Monday to Friday journey from Teesside Airport will terminate at Darlington Town Centre. An additional journey will run at 0802 from Darlington to Hurworth.
The 0807 Monday to Friday journey from Hurworth to Darlington will leave at 0817 and run 10 minutes later. No other changes on other days.
Services 13A/13B Darlington – Firth Moor

Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly on each service combining into a frequency of every 30 minutes between Darlington and Firth Moor. No other changes on other days.
Service 15 Roseworth – Stockton – Thornaby-Ingleby Barwick

Monday to Friday daytime journeys will reduce to operate every 15 minutes between Stockton and Thornaby Town Centre continuing every 30 minutes to either Bassleton Court or Ingleby Barwick. No other changes on other days.
Services X66/X67 Darlington – Middlesbrough

Service X67 will be temporarily withdrawn.
Service X66 will instead be increased to operate every 20 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes instead and all journeys will operate via Hartburn (as they currently do on evenings and Sundays), replacing Service X67 in this area.
Journeys between Faverdale and Darlington will be temporarily withdrawn.
The 2225 journey from Middlesbrough will now terminate at Hartburn on Monday to Saturday evenings.
Customers travelling to Amazon can use service 2A from Darlington Town Centre, whilst Lingfield Point customers will now be served by a revised Service 2 route, via Lingfield Point, During Monday to Friday peak hours.
Full timetables for all changes listed above are now available on our website and journey planner.

We thank all our customers for their patience and understanding.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 23 May 2022

As part of these changes, all journeys on the X66 will be operated by Stockton depot - hence the reductions to the 8 and 15 to compensate for this change (and to avoid driver issues at Stockton - despite Stockton having staff a plenty at present, hence an X66 board is currently on-loan from Darlington).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 23 May 2022

Must say a very contrasting post to other companies in the North East taking the blame for their issues rather than blaming the football, lower passenger numbers, Covid and whatever else isn't their fault.

Also credit for actually doing something about it even knowing it's not ideal reducing frequencies but personally I'd prefer that than it might be, it might be running but it's okay as we told you 12 hours in advance so it's not our problem you have to wait an extra hour for a bus.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 23 May 2022

(23 May 2022, 9:35 am)Storx Must say a very contrasting post to other companies in the North East taking the blame for their issues rather than blaming the football, lower passenger numbers, Covid and whatever else isn't their fault.

Also credit for actually doing something about it even knowing it's not ideal reducing frequencies but personally I'd prefer that than it might be, it might be running but it's okay as we told you 12 hours in advance so it's not our problem you have to wait an extra hour for a bus.
Must say action probs should've been taken sooner at Darlington as its been an absolute mess of an operation throughout much of this, looked like I drove past many customers stood waiting for the 5 towards Darlington that wasn't running on Saturday (although may have just been late running, didn't check).

Funny thing is, to some (myself included) the temporary X66 timetable is argubly an improvement, despite the longer journey time, its balanced out with a higher frequency to many although at the loss of service to Lingfield Point & Haughton Road.

(23 May 2022, 10:40 am)Jimmi Must say action probs should've been taken sooner at Darlington as its been an absolute mess of an operation throughout much of this, looked like I drove past many customers stood waiting for the 5 towards Darlington that wasn't running on Saturday (although may have just been late running, didn't check).

Funny thing is, to some (myself included) the temporary X66 timetable is argubly an improvement, despite the longer journey time, its balanced out with a higher frequency to many although at the loss of service to Lingfield Point & Haughton Road.

Aye I've heard Darlington haven't been to clever. Not sure what's gone so wrong at both Darlington and Durham bar rather ironically they're the two depots which have always been the worst even before Covid especially fleet presentation.

No doubt there's serious problems behind the scenes which we aren't aware of which seem to blight GNE aswell where there's all sorts of morale issues being leaked constantly especially from Consett which is one of the worst depots. The other 5 Arriva depots have generally done well especially Ashington, Stockton and Redcar don't believe there's been any issues with them 3 at all. For balance Percy Main and Hexham at GNE are the same.

I was thinking the X66 might've been popular for some for those reasons mind, must admit I don't know the route too well but I'd much rather have a slightly longer 20 minute service than a faster 30 minute service.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 23 May 2022

(23 May 2022, 2:58 pm)Storx Aye I've heard Darlington haven't been to clever. Not sure what's gone so wrong at both Darlington and Durham bar rather ironically they're the two depots which have always been the worst even before Covid especially fleet presentation.

No doubt there's serious problems behind the scenes which we aren't aware of which seem to blight GNE aswell where there's all sorts of morale issues being leaked constantly especially from Consett which is one of the worst depots. The other 5 Arriva depots have generally done well especially Ashington, Stockton and Redcar don't believe there's been any issues with them 3 at all. For balance Percy Main and Hexham at GNE are the same.

I was thinking the X66 might've been popular for some for those reasons mind, must admit I don't know the route too well but I'd much rather have a slightly longer 20 minute service than a faster 30 minute service.
Before the introduction of the X67, the X66 ran on a 20 minute frequency with its current route (not serving Hartburn).

For me at least its this temporary timetable (and previous 20 min frequency on X66) was easier for Travel options as it was easier to connect to/from Aycliffe services whereas with the X67 by the time I reach and change in Darlington Town Centre, I can usually get the X66 15 mins behind and connect with the same bus as the previous X67 would. The numbers down North Road and along Whinfield Road are much better than what the X67 takes along Haughton Road, only seems to carry light loadings to the in-between stops once you factor out those that just get on in Darlington Town Centre and board whichever of the X66/X67 that turns up first.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 23 May 2022

(23 May 2022, 2:58 pm)Storx Aye I've heard Darlington haven't been to clever. Not sure what's gone so wrong at both Darlington and Durham bar rather ironically they're the two depots which have always been the worst even before Covid especially fleet presentation.

Durham is atrocious the interiors are like sitting on bricks and awful. They're so bad, its just sad. The buses looks like they have been dragged across the the ground

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 23 May 2022

Redcar are majorly struggling with vehicle availability… 5 boards missing today but it has been as high as 9 recently. Plenty of drivers, though (despite me pinching them regularly!), in fact lots of drivers sat around with no bus…

(23 May 2022, 8:02 pm)Jimmi Before the introduction of the X67, the X66 ran on a 20 minute frequency with its current route (not serving Hartburn).

For me at least its this temporary timetable (and previous 20 min frequency on X66) was easier for Travel options as it was easier to connect to/from Aycliffe services whereas with the X67 by the time I reach and change in Darlington Town Centre, I can usually get the X66 15 mins behind and connect with the same bus as the previous X67 would. The numbers down North Road and along Whinfield Road are much better than what the X67 takes along Haughton Road, only seems to carry light loadings to the in-between stops once you factor out those that just get on in Darlington Town Centre and board whichever of the X66/X67 that turns up first.

Yeah I can see that actually, it is a bit pointless the X67 running direct out of Darlington, at least you'd think it would be better running through Haughton Le Skerne, the time is negligible anyway.

Mind I do understand why someone wouldn't want to use the X66 at rush hour. North Road and Whinfield Road can be a right chore. I'm quite regularly down there with someone else driving and quite often use the rat run up towards Bradbury along the country roads which I know is quite well known. tbf. Darlington is just riddled with rat runs everywhere.

(23 May 2022, 8:14 pm)tyresmoke Redcar are majorly struggling with vehicle availability… 5 boards missing today but it has been as high as 9 recently. Plenty of drivers, though (despite me pinching them regularly!), in fact lots of drivers sat around with no bus…

Ah didn't realise there was fleet problems down there aswell. I'm not sure who's idea it was to withdraw all the Omnicity's without replacing them. I'm guessing it's partly come from the Pulsar's been released to Blyth without nothing really replacing them?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 27 May 2022

changes f9or north tyneside and newcastle from 5th June. Looks like the 44 and 45 will only have 1 bus per hour to toon and another bus in that hour if they fancey going to toon via dininngton!