North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 12 Oct 2022

(12 Oct 2022, 4:44 pm)mb134 No current Jesmond services are transferring to Ashington at the end of this month.

I thought some were going there. Others to blyth?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 12 Oct 2022

(12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am)Storx Aye that's fair enough but surely someone would've noticed the seriously wrong timetable in particular for the 43/44/45.

https://api.arrivabus.co.uk/routes/services/NMS_JE_43/221030-230109/43-Newcastle-to-Cramlington-and-Morpeth-from-30-Oct-2022.pdf - 43 for example.

Not sure where that's even coming from if I had to be honest, seems to be the subsidised services maybe? I know the 52 and 53 are also missing the evening services. There could be some very confused passengers if they read them.

Mind I always thought they were done from a database and automated when you loaded them so learnt something new, similar to how Travelline I believe works.
If you plan a journey in the Arriva journey planner, all of the journeys will show.

I believe this issue of missing trips is because the PDFs are generated by the data files.

Ironically, the same data files that traveline use, so the data in the files must be accurate (otherwise traveline wouldn't be able to convert it), just the Arriva website is poor.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 12 Oct 2022

(12 Oct 2022, 9:28 pm)Rob44 I thought some were going there. Others to blyth?

They will be, but not at the end of this month.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 13 Oct 2022

Timetables are now live

Interesting is that the 54 original said it was going to have a different company operation on evenings & Sundays. This has now been removed and all evenings & Sundays journeys on the 54 are now withdrawn

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 3:48 pm)Aaron21 Timetables are now live

Interesting is that the 54 original said it was going to have a different company operation on evenings & Sundays. This has now been removed and all evenings & Sundays journeys on the 54 are now withdrawn

Might be the local authorities are still trying to secure it and trying to find funds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 3:51 pm)cbma06 Might be the local authorities are still trying to secure it and trying to find funds

Possible but that section on the 54 has gone now

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 3:51 pm)cbma06 Might be the local authorities are still trying to secure it and trying to find funds

Lets hope Arriva get it if the council are going to support it. 

But GCT would probably yet it (sigh)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 5:08 pm)Unber43 Lets hope Arriva get it if the council are going to support it. 

But GCT would probably yet it (sigh)

Why should Arriva get it, since Arriva decided not to run it commercially, I wouldn’t like my tax dollar to pay for the service to be ran secured by Arriva, DB needs to bugger off and stop bleeding the uk bus industry dry and using profits on the German infrastructure, and stop using handouts from the uk government, nah wonder why there got a good transport system over there, and our transport gone to crap.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - streetdeckfan - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 5:14 pm)cbma06 Why should Arriva get it, since Arriva decided not to run it commercially, I wouldn’t like my tax dollar to pay for the service to be ran secured by Arriva, DB needs to bugger off and stop bleeding the uk bus industry dry and using profits on the German infrastructure, and stop using handouts from the uk government, nah wonder why there got a good transport system over there, and our transport gone to crap.

Isn't Germany's public transport just as bad as ours these days though?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 13 Oct 2022

I seriously doubt even a big company like Arriva makes enough profit to allow DB to spend tons of Arriva money on German infrastructure.

Also DB trains aren't great but they're nationalised so ofc they're some form of demi gods where everything runs like clockwork and they get shiny new trains every week to allow the creeky ancient stuff built last week to be scrapped.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 5:14 pm)cbma06 Why should Arriva get it, since Arriva decided not to run it commercially, I wouldn’t like my tax dollar to pay for the service to be ran secured by Arriva, DB needs to bugger off and stop bleeding the uk bus industry dry and using profits on the German infrastructure, and stop using handouts from the uk government, nah wonder why there got a good transport system over there, and our transport gone to crap.

I just feel like Arriva getting it is the best thing for the passengers really, its the same operator throughout. Like when GNE run the 81 on an evening, while i Know its a mix of the 25/82, one should get them all, i mean imagine the 81 was ran by GCT, thats 3 different operators between 2 routes. 

It would just be best for the passengers and I agree I would rather not give my money to DB however I would rather Arriva than GCT and as Arriva has decided to not run it commerically, is that because its bleeding money, its like when companies stop running a certain early morning journey or evening journey even tho the rest of them make money  it just puts people off, and it would put me off if during the day I had ANE, then got someone else on an evening on the same route.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 13 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 6:05 pm)F114TML I seriously doubt even a big company like Arriva makes enough profit to allow DB to spend tons of Arriva money on German infrastructure.

Also DB trains aren't great but they're nationalised so ofc they're some form of demi gods where everything runs like clockwork and they get shiny new trains every week to allow the creeky ancient stuff built last week to be scrapped.

Isn't parts of the German rail network now being tendered out and privatised under new EU law?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 14 Oct 2022

(13 Oct 2022, 10:55 pm)omnicity4659 Isn't parts of the German rail network now being tendered out and privatised under new EU law?

Believe it all is but they just tender the mainlines to thereselves. The rural not profitable stuff is done to a few others like Transdev. Believe the Netherlands is the same. 

Its what we should do here tbh (trains not buses).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 14 Oct 2022

**cough cough** GO NORTH EAST.  **cough cough** GO NORTH EAST.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 18 Oct 2022

New Sunday journeys on the 58 from 30th October
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/timetable-changes-to-service-58?fbclid=IwAR1QKpxbXi9MsJhDvyCed5myzdKBzveq0wdgEiPo7waQq-dlUdqx7tEJpYk

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 18 Oct 2022

(18 Oct 2022, 1:57 pm)Kuyoyo New Sunday journeys on the 58 from 30th October
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/timetable-changes-to-service-58?fbclid=IwAR1QKpxbXi9MsJhDvyCed5myzdKBzveq0wdgEiPo7waQq-dlUdqx7tEJpYk

Was just going to post this

Looks like Arriva won the council secured service 59 on a Sunday and reroute it abit and re number it from 59 to 58. Same as winning the contract for the 239 and re numbering it as x21 in line with there own service, looks like gne are not winning any of the council contracts which there run previously

Looks like there abandoning the Durham to arnison centre section in favour of extending to wingate and station town from Wheatley hill and marketing the the 64 from Durham to arnison centre on Sundays half hourly

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 18 Oct 2022

(18 Oct 2022, 2:07 pm)cbma06 Was just going to post this

Looks like Arriva won the council secured service 59 on a Sunday and reroute it abit and re number it from 59 to 58. Same as winning the contract for the 239 and re numbering it as x21 in line with there own service, looks like gne are not winning any of the council contracts which there run previously

Looks like there abandoning the Durham to arnison centre section in favour of extending to wingate and station town from Wheatley hill and marketing the the 64 from Durham to arnison centre on Sundays half hourly

Surely it's more Arriva bid on the purpose of the 58 instead and the council thought it was the best value of money and offers the best service for punters hence Arriva won it. 

I can't imagine Durham CC being exactly best pleased with GNE lately either, the service they provide on their 28 and 29 tenders is an absolute shambles and people would be up in arms if it was GCT on here.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 18 Oct 2022

(18 Oct 2022, 2:55 pm)Storx Surely it's more Arriva bid on the purpose of the 58 instead and the council thought it was the best value of money and offers the best service for punters hence Arriva won it. 

I can't imagine Durham CC being exactly best pleased with GNE lately either, the service they provide on their 28 and 29 tenders is an absolute shambles and people would be up in arms if it was GCT on here.
Tbf I can't imagine anyone being happy with GNE at this moment.

Even CreativeDesire they're not paying them to make basic, boring design. which a 10 year old could make.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 18 Oct 2022

(18 Oct 2022, 2:55 pm)Storx Surely it's more Arriva bid on the purpose of the 58 instead and the council thought it was the best value of money and offers the best service for punters hence Arriva won it. 

Or Go North East didn’t bid at all because these tenders have little fit with their network…

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 21 Oct 2022

54 will be ran by Stagecoach on a Sunday according to the nexus timetable