North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 24 May 2023

I’ve also heard the Darlington X1 is being withdrawn in full.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 4:41 pm)Thomas12 I’ve also heard the Darlington X1 is being withdrawn in full.

Replaced by the 1 north of Bishop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 3:56 pm)Jimmi Found more Durham County proposals online, this time is for the 22/23 in Peterlee:

22 - hourly Durham to Sunderland with all trips via Easington Colliery, one journey an hour renumbered 22B running via Acre Rigg in Peterlee running Durham to Peterlee only. Late evening buses proposed withdrawal.

23 - half hourly Hartlepool - Peterlee, hourly Hartlepool - Sunderland. Some journeys to become 'college days only' to enable buses to operate 'East Durham College' contracts.

X22 - no longer serving Acre Rigg in Peterlee (no other publicly info avaliable on the X21/X22 as yet which I've seen at least).

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me tbh, thought the full routes would of been removed from Sunderland.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:17 pm)Michael Doesn't surprise me tbh, thought the full routes would have been removed from Sunderland.
I only use the 23 when the trains are affected by strikes. It’s a terribly long service , no wonder people don’t use it. If only there was a commercial need for an express route to Sunderland.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:17 pm)Michael Doesn't surprise me tbh, thought the full routes would of been removed from Sunderland.
Same, they should really, then bring back the 62!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - streetdeckfan - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:11 pm)tyresmoke Replaced by the 1 north of Bishop

Presumably the link between Crook and Tindale won't be replaced?

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:29 pm)streetdeckfan Presumably the link between Crook and Tindale won't be replaced?

Apparently the 1 will operate via Tindale

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - streetdeckfan - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:30 pm)tyresmoke Apparently the 1 will operate via Tindale

Could actually be an improvement then especially if it runs that way all day

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:33 pm)streetdeckfan Could actually be an improvement then especially if it runs that way all day
It will, including Sundays.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Humbletravel - 25 May 2023

I've heard there a few changes coming into Redcar. Including the removal of the X3 and 81 services in their entirety and the Redcar depot closing with operations transferring to Stockton...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 25 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 4:25 pm)Unber43 GNE X6 should be made every 30 mins now

I wouldn't be surprised to see more cuts with stuff the X6 disappearing. 

If the ECHTS cuts are true then they're the sort of service which will be likely being going. 

The X72 leaving Newcastle at rush hour had about 15 people on for example. Numbers like that won't be making a profit for the distance it's doing and cuts to revenue from pensioners will just hit it harder. 

I respect they have budget issues but it's an absolutely stupid thing to do.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Bob5666 - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 12:50 am)Humbletravel I've heard there a few changes coming into Redcar. Including the removal of the X3 and 81 services in their entirety and the Redcar depot closing with operations transferring to Stockton...

Wrong Redcar isn't closing down  so i don't know where u got that fake gen from 

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 25 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 3:56 pm)Jimmi Found more Durham County proposals online, this time is for the 22/23 in Peterlee:

X22 - no longer serving Acre Rigg in Peterlee (no other publicly info avaliable on the X21/X22 as yet which I've seen at least).

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

X21 is withdrawn entirely. The X22 will be increased to every 30 minutes between Peterlee and Sedgefield in addition to the revised route within Peterlee. However, this increase on that section comes at the cost of the Middlesbrough-Stockton section which will be reduced to peak-times only when additional vehicle resources are available. No mention yet regarding the council-supported evening journeys.

(24 May 2023, 5:29 pm)streetdeckfan Presumably the link between Crook and Tindale won't be replaced?

Huge amount of changes planned for the Bishop area - in addition to the rerouting of the 1 via Tindale and the extension of the 56 down to Tindale, the 5/5a will be merged into a single service 5 which will operate via the current 5 route between Bishop and Middridge then the current 5a route from Middridge to Darlington maintaining the current frequencies but the Sunday evening journeys are withdrawn. Likewise, the 6 is revised to operate between Durham and West Auckland only during the off peak every 20 minutes with Cockfield only served at peak times (journeys from Cockfield on a morning, journeys to Cockfield on an afternoon) and the Barnard Castle peak journey is withdrawn.
The peak time extensions to Framwellgate Moor for New College are also revised - the morning journeys on the 6 will continue but the afternoon journeys plus all journeys on the 7 are withdrawn.

In addition, the 'loan' work at Stockton depot - the 2 X12 boards from Durham that moved on loan last summer (not the ones that moved down in 2020 and 2021) as well as Darlington's full share of the X66 - will return to their home depots, with one of the 2 X12 boards moving likely to be operated in similar style to that of the Darlington-operated X66, with 7539 allocated. The X66 changes meanwhile, will be the one surprise of these changes....... Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - streetdeckfan - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 9:14 am)Kuyoyo X21 is withdrawn entirely. The X22 will be increased to every 30 minutes between Peterlee and Sedgefield in addition to the revised route within Peterlee. However, this increase on that section comes at the cost of the Middlesbrough-Stockton section which will be reduced to peak-times only when additional vehicle resources are available. No mention yet regarding the council-supported evening journeys.

Huge amount of changes planned for the Bishop area - in addition to the rerouting of the 1 via Tindale and the extension of the 56 down to Tindale, the 5/5a will be merged into a single service 5 which will operate via the current 5 route between Bishop and Middridge then the current 5a route from Middridge to Darlington maintaining the current frequencies but the Sunday evening journeys are withdrawn. Likewise, the 6 is revised to operate between Durham and West Auckland only during the off peak every 20 minutes with Cockfield only served at peak times (journeys from Cockfield on a morning, journeys to Cockfield on an afternoon) and the Barnard Castle peak journey is withdrawn.
The peak time extensions to Framwellgate Moor for New College are also revised - the morning journeys on the 6 will continue but the afternoon journeys plus all journeys on the 7 are withdrawn.

In addition, the 'loan' work at Stockton depot - the 2 X12 boards from Durham that moved on loan last summer (not the ones that moved down in 2020 and 2021) as well as Darlington's full share of the X66 - will return to their home depots, with one of the 2 X12 boards moving likely to be operated in similar style to that of the Darlington-operated X66, with 7539 allocated. The X66 changes meanwhile, will be the one surprise of these changes....... Wink

Will all journeys operate between Durham and West Auckland, or will there still be the ones that terminate at Bishop?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 9:50 am)streetdeckfan Will all journeys operate between Durham and West Auckland, or will there still be the ones that terminate at Bishop?

Sunday daytime journeys will still be half hourly between Durham and Bishop, continuing hourly to West Auckland. No mention of the evening journeys if they continue to West or terminate in Bishop.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - 9920up - 25 May 2023

So what are the "Surprises" lined up by way of changes to the X66, then, Kuyoyo?

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 9:14 am)Kuyoyo X21 is withdrawn entirely. The X22 will be increased to every 30 minutes between Peterlee and Sedgefield in addition to the revised route within Peterlee. However, this increase on that section comes at the cost of the Middlesbrough-Stockton section which will be reduced to peak-times only when additional vehicle resources are available. No mention yet regarding the council-supported evening journeys.

Thanks for the info,

Don’t know if I’m reading it right or wrong, but does it mean the x22 proposed to be every half hour between sedgefield and Peterlee only (but hourly extension from sedgefield to Stockton , then Stockton to boro peak times only?

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 1:07 pm)cbma06 Thanks for the info,

Don’t know if I’m reading it right or wrong, but does it mean the x22 proposed to be every half hour between sedgefield and Peterlee only (but hourly extension from sedgefield to the boro as normal?

Yeah but only going back as far as Stockton for most of the day, presumably to get the circuit inside the max driving time. Going to Middlesbrough would knock them over the 5h30 limit.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 25 May 2023

(25 May 2023, 1:10 pm)tyresmoke Yeah but only going back as far as Stockton for most of the day, presumably to get the circuit inside the max driving time. Going to Middlesbrough would knock them over the 5h30 limit.
The way I've worked it out, it would only be roughly a 4 hour round trip to do Stockton - Peterlee: Peterlee - Sedgefield - Peterlee: Peterlee - Stockton.

* Times for working out are just for example purposes using the current timetable with an estimated time from Moorcock to Peterlee Bus Station due to removal of the service from Acre Rigg in Peterlee[attachment=10489]

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - ahorsmanthebus - 25 May 2023

Someone mentioned to me earlier about 2 of Ashingtons SK72 E400MMCs transferring to Redcar for the summer season if that’s correct or not.