North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 30 May 2023

My guess would be the X2 is some form of replacement for the 62 but then the reg for the 62 still shows Middlesbrough to Marske so who knows…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 30 May 2023

(30 May 2023, 10:03 am)Kuyoyo The X3a is going that's for certain - although this X2 has come out of the blue as all talk from my sources within the company suggested it would be a half hourly X3 to Saltburn extending hourly to Lingdale.

The other major East Cleveland change sees the 5a extended to Lingdale hourly in place of the 28 which will terminate in Guisborough. The 5 will also cease serving Skinningrove.
Anything going to skelton asda

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 30 May 2023

Another that's sticking out to me is the return of an X67 although question is, will it be the X67 as it was before (via Hartburn) or a new one?

I do wonder if it could be heading via Middleton-St-George in place of the 12 which is registered for withdrawal? No idea about Hurworth.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 30 May 2023

(30 May 2023, 11:11 am)Jimmi Another that's sticking out to me is the return of an X67 although question is, will it be the X67 as it was before (via Hartburn) or a new one?

I do wonder if it could be heading via Middleton-St-George in place of the 12 which is registered for withdrawal? No idea about Hurworth.

X67 is returning in its original guise - with the daytime X66s reverting to their original route direct via the A66 omitting Hartburn and Oxbridge. The X66 has grown significantly since the reduction to every 20 minutes last May hence the return of the X67 to give a combined 15 minute frequency from the lowest possible Vehicle requirement (running the X66 as now every 15 minutes would require 8 vehicles rather than the 7 the X66/X67 requires). That might not be the end either - the company is open to further frequency increases should the growth continue after the July changes.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 30 May 2023

Arriva 306 timetable for the 10th June shows the service running every 10 minutes for the Sam Fender at St James Park with it running between Newcastle & North Shields only starting at 23.05 and running every 10 minute till 00.40 out of Newcastle

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - busmanT - 30 May 2023

(30 May 2023, 9:19 am)tvd So no doubt there'll be a few less buses, and more shaved off the PVR's around the area in July.

It's quite depressing that this is seen as something of a good thing by the industry, and they never want to try enhancing services or attempt something new.

They've got the long term support now for the £2  (then £2.50 ) fares, and I'm guessing they will have to apply to newly registered services at some point?  Yes, there's driver shortages in places but why not at the very least do some decent marketing and cover some buses advertising the low fares; if not actively try to expand their network rather than lessen it every time there's timetable changes.
The "support" for the £2 / £2.50 fare merely gives the operator the difference between the £2 being charged and what the fare would have been. It's not really support but re-imbursement of revenue foregone.

The bigger worry is the replacement of Bus Recovery Grant by BSOG+ - early indications from various operators suggest that they will receive only about 40% - 50% of what they do now. 

And on top of that various local authorities are reducing the amount that they pay bus operators for carrying pass holders (ENCTS).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 30 May 2023

Arriva driver was telling passengers on the 553 today that the service is being scrapped from Battle Hill to Freeman Hospital from September.

(30 May 2023, 6:21 pm)Thomas12 Arriva driver was telling passengers on the 553 today that the service is being scrapped from Battle Hill to Freeman Hospital from September.
Probs the same to do with the 51-55 thing. Doubt they would move the 553 to either Ashington or Blyth

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 30 May 2023

(30 May 2023, 6:22 pm)Busu284 Probs the same to do with the 51-55 thing. Doubt they would move the 553 to either Ashington or Blyth

Yeah, although the service between Freeman and Regent Centre will continue operating as it is a long term NHS contract.

(30 May 2023, 6:25 pm)Thomas12 Yeah, although the service between Freeman and Regent Centre will continue operating as it is a long term NHS contract.
Wonder if Stagecoach will take it. Doubt gct would take it as it would need to run (hahaha)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 31 May 2023

Rumour mill has started that there going to be one bus per hour between new marske and Middlesbrough

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 6:46 pm)Ryland Rumour mill has started that there going to be one bus per hour between new marske and Middlesbrough

Part of me suspects the following may happen:

-81 reduced to Redcar to Guisborough only using 1 bus. 
-62 omits New Marske instead serving Marske Estate and Green Lane, (yet still serving Ings Farm?)
-X3A withdrawn replaced by new X2 operating to New Marske

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 6:46 pm)Ryland Rumour mill has started that there going to be one bus per hour between new marske and Middlesbrough

Yes - lucky to retain their service unlike Ings Farm…
Other places cut from the network include Cypress Road & Nunthorpe village

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 7:02 pm)tyresmoke Yes - lucky to retain their service unlike Ings Farm…
Other places cut from the network include Cypress Road & Nunthorpe village

Won't the 28/28A/29 or whatever that's left of them still serve them? Haven't heard much about them though.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 7:06 pm)Storx Won't the 28/28A/29 or whatever that's left of them still serve them? Haven't heard much about them though.

They’re losing a bus so Cypress Road & Nunthorpe Village both cut off those routes. 29 will terminate at Easterside but serve The Derby turning circle (same as the 10).
(This will be the next one to go I am sure as it will just be a frequency decrease at that point)

The 28 is also terminating at Guisborough, with the one remaining 5a going to Lingdale instead.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 7:12 pm)tyresmoke They’re losing a bus so Cypress Road & Nunthorpe Village both cut off those routes. 29 will terminate at Easterside but serve The Derby turning circle (same as the 10).
(This will be the next one to go I am sure as it will just be a frequency decrease at that point)

The 28 is also terminating at Guisborough, with the one remaining 5a going to Lingdale instead.

Ah thanks for that, makes sense then. Sounds like they're setting them up for fail. The 28A is a bus route that has been getting cut to pieces for years, surprised it's survived these in a way.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DeltaMan - 31 May 2023

What's the view of Stagecoach on the reduced ENCTS in Tees Valley? I know Arriva will probably lean more towards the 'older demographic' plus rural areas, so are more exposed. But i'd have thought Cleveland Transit would be feeling the pinch as well?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Humbletravel - 31 May 2023

For Redcar...

The 62 will be run from Middlesbrough and terminate at Redcar Town Centre. Evening journeys will be curtailed at 1800 and there will be complete withdrawal of the Sunday service.

X3A withdrawn completely. Partially replaced by X2 which follows the route of the X3A from Middlesbrough to Marske then extends to New Marske.

Sunday service 3 will be withdrawn.

X3 will serve Redcar East and Borough Road to replace the 62. Ings Farm estate (Warwick and Castle road) will have no service at all.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 01 Jun 2023

(31 May 2023, 8:00 pm)DeltaMan What's the view of Stagecoach on the reduced ENCTS in Tees Valley? I know Arriva will probably lean more towards the 'older demographic' plus rural areas, so are more exposed. But i'd have thought Cleveland Transit would be feeling the pinch as well?
Apparently they are also about to put service reductions in, registrations expected within the next few weeks.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 01 Jun 2023

(01 Jun 2023, 5:40 am)RobinHood Apparently they are also about to put service reductions in, registrations expected within the next few weeks.

Their network is a hell of a lot worse off than Arriva’s is, thanks to their chronic staff shortages. Loads are absolutely terrible which is very worrying!
Arriva’s network is far stronger by comparison which is probably why there have only been minor cuts in Teesside at least