North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva bus changes! - johnwingate - 26 Oct 2014

Fun and games on 21 today firstly the 11.30am wingate jobcentre to peterlee was 7 minutes late into peterlee the driver said he had a problem with the bus number 4812
then on way back from peterlee should of been getting 4.01pm bus service 21 but the 3.01pm bus service 21 hadn't gone when i got off 24 from hartlepool at 3.15pm waited it did arrive and left at 3.27pm bus number 4804 driver said the bus he was suppose to have had to be changed which probaly was 4812 i helped him with route from peterlee bus station to wingate fir tree as he had not been route learned the new part of 21 i felt sorry for both drivers as 4812 was its first day in service on route 21
so lets see what happens tommorow

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 26 Oct 2014

21 has been running late due to problems with buses and four way temporary traffic lights at North Road, Darlington.

Just me who thinks that these EcoCitys should have spent a few days on the 2/11 before been thrown in the deep end on the 21.

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 26 Oct 2014

The 11am and 4pm service 21 left Peterlee bus station on time.

(26 Oct 2014, 4:30 pm)Jimmi 21 has been running late due to problems with buses and four way temporary traffic lights at North Road, Darlington.

Just me who thinks that these EcoCitys should have spent a few days on the 2/11 before been thrown in the deep end on the 21.
totally agree but on a sunday with just one bus per hour you could miss connections at peterlee by the way the 24 service was running very well today apart from the usual roadworks blackhall bank and blackhall rocks water mains work

The 11am and 4pm service 21 left Peterlee bus station on time.
Thankfully the 21 has a lengthy layover in Peterlee Bus Station on a Sunday, so if it arrives 10 minutes late it can still leave on-time.

(26 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm)cbma06 The 11am and 4pm service 21 left Peterlee bus station on time.

well at least some of the day were on time i know  the 4pm past us in wellfield road about 3.40pm on its journey into peterlee so i knew it should come out on time the test will be on tomorrow 26 minutes from peterlee to sunderland on x21 observing all stops from ryhope into park lane but they must of timed it i hope the newr buses are faster because the other gas buses what were on 21 on sundays on bank holidays always ran late and didn't seem to have enough power time will tell

(26 Oct 2014, 4:48 pm)Jimmi Thankfully the 21 has a lengthy layover in Peterlee Bus Station on a Sunday, so if it arrives 10 minutes late it can still leave on-time.
yes it 12 minutes so not to bad

well at least some of the day were on time i know  the 4pm past us in wellfield road about 3.40pm on its journey into peterlee so i knew it should come out on time the test will be on tomorrow 26 minutes from peterlee to sunderland on x21 observing all stops from ryhope into park lane but they must of timed it i hope the newr buses are faster because the other gas buses what were on 21 on sundays on bank holidays always ran late and didn't seem to have enough power time will tell
The other reason why the 21 often runs late on a Sunday is because it has less running time on Sundays, so it is harder to keep to the timetable for example if you end up with lots of passenger numbers like when I rode it on August bank holiday Monday it can fall behind time, thankfully it was only about 2 minutes late arriving in Peterlee.

Darlington services 5A, 7 and 8 also have this problem on a Sunday, the 5A often arrives in Newton Aycliffe about 5 minutes late and continues to run 5 minutes late until it reaches Darlington and makes the next bus late (now service 19 to Faverdale) Service 8 is the worst it has a tight timetable and unlike the 5A, 7 and 21 it doesn't have 10+ minutes to layover it has about 4 minutes in Spennymoor before heading back to Darlington and struggles to keep to the timetable.

I admit the EcoCitys are slow, I think the top speed is something like 52mph which should be fun down the A19, everything will be overtaking us probably even TTX Volvo B9TLs on the X9/X10 Big Grin

Arriva bus changes! - MrPottski - 26 Oct 2014

(26 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm)Jimmi The other reason why the 21 often runs late on a Sunday is because it has less running time on Sundays, so it is harder to keep to the timetable for example if you end up with lots of passenger numbers like when I rode it on August bank holiday Monday it can fall behind time, thankfully it was only about 2 minutes late arriving in Peterlee.

Darlington services 5A, 7 and 8 also have this problem on a Sunday, the 5A often arrives in Newton Aycliffe about 5 minutes late and continues to run 5 minutes late until it reaches Darlington and makes the next bus late (now service 19 to Faverdale) Service 8 is the worst it has a tight timetable and unlike the 5A, 7 and 21 it doesn't have 10+ minutes to layover it has about 4 minutes in Spennymoor before heading back to Darlington and struggles to keep to the timetable.

I admit the EcoCitys are slow, I think the top speed is something like 52mph which should be fun down the A19, everything will be overtaking us probably even TTX Volvo B9TLs on the X9/X10 Big Grin

The new X21 EcoCity's have a different gearbox, have a far better power delivery and a higher limited top speed (60mph) so they shouldn't have any problems. Famous last words...

The new X21 EcoCity's have a different gearbox, have a far better power delivery and a higher limited top speed (60mph) so they shouldn't have any problems. Famous last words...
That's good, look forward to riding them down the A19. At least the Solos are off this route now you'd be deaf if you were subjected to one down the A19, the A689 between Rushyford and Sedgefield was bad enough.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - col87 - 29 Oct 2014

What is the point in the current changes is the 24 the same route as the 22 from Hartlepool to Durham or is there changes to it ?

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2014

(29 Oct 2014, 11:21 pm)col87 What is the point in the current changes is the 24 the same route as the 22 from Hartlepool to Durham or is there changes to it ?
Correct me if i am wrong, but As far as I am aware, the 24 is unchanged between Durham and Peterlee(Sherburn, Haswell, Shotton) and the 22 is unchanged between Durham and Peterlee(Thornley, Wingate, Shotton)...

RE: Arriva bus changes! - tyresmoke - 29 Oct 2014

(29 Oct 2014, 11:21 pm)col87 What is the point in the current changes is the 24 the same route as the 22 from Hartlepool to Durham or is there changes to it ?

It runs via the 24 route between Peterlee & Durham, ie via Shotton, Haswell and Sherburn

RE: Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 30 Oct 2014

on Vosa today:

PB0002717/239 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
  • Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Durham given service number X12 effective from 04-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

From above post, and im not changing from internet explorer.

The Arriva service 22 and 24 got changed due to passengers in the areas of Wheatley Hill and Thornley having won their campaign to have a direct service back to Sunderland.   The 24 is the same route between Durham and Pennine Drive/Passfield Way then it does the old 22 route to Hartlepool.  The 22 is same route between Durham and Peterlee/A19 then direct to Peterlee Bus station, then onwards same route as the old 24.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Multi21 - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:27 am)cbma06 on Vosa today:

PB0002717/239 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

• Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Durham given service number X12 effective from 04-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Will the X12 be the X1s that aren't extended to Newcastle to avoid confusion?

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Kuyoyo - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:50 am)Multi21 Will the X12 be the X1s that aren't extended to Newcastle to avoid confusion?

No, seems X12s will be the X1s - renumbered simply to avoid 'confusion' once both X1s are MAX'd.

I would of numbered the X1 Durham-Middlesbrough as a X2, and split the registration at Durham, just like what GNE did at Peterlee with their X7.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Kuyoyo - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:18 am)cbma06 I would of numbered the X1 Durham-Middlesbrough as a X2, and split the registration at Durham, just like what GNE did at Peterlee with their X7.

Arriva stick to the rules hence why the Loftus-Whitby section of the 5 was renumbered X5 last October to avoid any questions from official circles. Instead it seems it will be X12/X2 now.

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:18 am)cbma06 I would of numbered the X1 Durham-Middlesbrough as a X2, and split the registration at Durham, just like what GNE did at Peterlee with their X7.
Excuse me for being numb here...

What exactly does split registration mean, in the case of the X7 does it basically mean GNE operate two seperate X7's...An X7 from Sunderland to Peterlee and an X7 that operates between P'lee and M'boro...

Does that make sense?