North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 02 Sep 2023

For any real bus enthusiast, today is your last chance to get photos of/ take trips on Arrivas 51-55

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 11:05 am)V514DFT For any real bus enthusiast, today is your last chance to get photos of/ take trips on Arrivas 51-55

Are there any actually running? There’s not a single one tracking on bustimes or the Arriva app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 11:09 am)j986986 Are there any actually running? There’s not a single one tracking on bustimes or the Arriva app.

Should be as far as im aware

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 11:21 am)V514DFT Should be as far as im aware

Just drove past one (53) so they are running but just not tracking anywhere.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 11:09 am)j986986 Are there any actually running? There’s not a single one tracking on bustimes or the Arriva app.

They should be running, just won't be tracking, the same occurred when Darlington made changes back in July such as the last day of X21 not tracking.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 1:18 pm)Jimmi They should be running, just won't be tracking, the same occurred when Darlington made changes back in July such as the last day of X21 not tracking.

I've seen a couple of 54 and 55 around today. Looks like the 44/45 are suffering tonight though. After the 8.45pm, the next one out of Haymarket is the 11.35pm.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 1:18 pm)Jimmi They should be running, just won't be tracking, the same occurred when Darlington made changes back in July such as the last day of X21 not tracking.

A number of them aren’t running today as most of the drivers have already left to go to their new employer.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 4:05 pm)Shrek I've seen a couple of 54 and 55 around today. Looks like the 44/45 are suffering tonight though. After the 8.45pm, the next one out of Haymarket is the 11.35pm.

Im surprised they didnt cover the late turns from another depot. It was obvious what would happen!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 4:06 pm)Dan A number of them aren’t running today as most of the drivers have already left to go to their new employer.

Wonder how long it will be before they move on from their new employer?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 4:34 pm)Andreos1 Wonder how long it will be before they move on from their new employer?

Probably not very long with Nigel Featham and his sidekick Ben Maxfield running the company.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 02 Sep 2023

(02 Sep 2023, 6:30 pm)Thomas12 Probably not very long with Nigel Featham and his sidekick Ben Maxfield running the company.

Surely most have gone to Stagecoach instead, considering it's literally a 50m walk from where they've been based for the past year or whatever it is.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - XQ Zero - 03 Sep 2023

Arriva's website is showing a Sunday only timetable for the Hurworth to Darlington service 12 commencing 3rd September. Service 12 should have been withdrawn after operating on Saturday 2nd September. The Sunday journeys on 12 were interworking with X75 which I believe is a Durham County Council contract. Solo 2841 is tracking on X75 but not 12. Are the Sunday journeys on 12 operating as shown on the attachment (assuming it opens) or have Arriva put this on their website in error? I note the news section of Arriva's website has not been updated to show the Sunday journeys as continuing. I do not know if the Sunday journeys on 12 were a Durham County contract as well as X75.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 03 Sep 2023

(03 Sep 2023, 11:10 am)XQ Zero Arriva's website is showing a Sunday only timetable for the Hurworth to Darlington service 12 commencing 3rd September. Service 12 should have been withdrawn after operating on Saturday 2nd September. The Sunday journeys on 12 were interworking with X75 which I believe is a Durham County Council contract. Solo 2841 is tracking on X75 but not 12. Are the Sunday journeys on 12 operating as shown on the attachment (assuming it opens) or have Arriva put this on their website in error? I note the news section of Arriva's website has not been updated to show the Sunday journeys as continuing. I do not know if the Sunday journeys on 12 were a Durham County contract as well as X75.

I'm led to believe service 12 is operating today, but this is the last day of operation of the service entirely. BusTimes showing service 12 as operating today only currently.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 03 Sep 2023

(03 Sep 2023, 11:31 am)Jimmi I'm led to believe service 12 is operating today, but this is the last day of operation of the service entirely. BusTimes showing service 12 as operating today only currently.

I heard an error was made for the end date on the registration, which is why it is running today for one day only.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - solsburian - 04 Sep 2023

I sampled the short 2313 X7 Blyth-Seghill Chester Grove tonight. It was just me and another passenger. I know it's early days but I can't imagine it being very popular except perhaps on Fridays and Saturdays and possibly once the new Cinema etc opens (and/if takes off), but that is a while off.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 05 Sep 2023

(04 Sep 2023, 10:57 pm)solsburian I sampled the short 2313 X7 Blyth-Seghill Chester Grove tonight. It was just me and another passenger. I know it's early days but I can't imagine it being very popular except perhaps on Fridays and Saturdays and possibly once the new Cinema etc opens (and/if takes off), but that is a while off.

Personally don't see the point in it, I can't remember the last time I went to Blyth, if they want to improve the X7, then an earlier Sunday service would be better 10am is stupidly late for the first bus to get into Newcastle.

Not aware of anyone around here who would go to Blyth for drinking either or the cinema, arguably later 19 journeys would be better, possibly by using part of the money from the absolutely pointless North Shields extension on the 57A especially since the whole of East Cramlington has no bus service at night and would give Seghill a Metro link all day.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 05 Sep 2023

(05 Sep 2023, 10:29 am)Storx Personally don't see the point in it, I can't remember the last time I went to Blyth, if they want to improve the X7, then an earlier Sunday service would be better 10am is stupidly late for the first bus to get into Newcastle.

Not aware of anyone around here who would go to Blyth for drinking either or the cinema, arguably later 19 journeys would be better, possibly by using part of the money from the absolutely pointless North Shields extension on the 57A especially since the whole of East Cramlington has no bus service at night and would give Seghill a Metro link all day.
The new evening journeys are contracted by Northumberland County Council and the southern end of the 57A is contracted by Nexus.

Unfortunately you would need them to work together for that to happen, but alas.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 05 Sep 2023

(05 Sep 2023, 2:21 pm)RobinHood The new evening journeys are contracted by Northumberland County Council and the southern end of the 57A is contracted by Nexus.

Unfortunately you would need them to work together for that to happen, but alas.

Aye it's a shame they can't work together, on paper imo it would be better to have an hourly 19 running from North Shields to Cramlington and an hourly 57A running from Bedlington through to Whitley Bay, it's the same PVR as what's used now (4). Much much better use of resources and serve places that don't have a bus service (Backworth Estates, East Cramlington, Nelson Ind. Estate, Nelson Village, Cramlington Hospital). Complete waste the current bizarre 57A evening / Sunday service and the 19 being 2 BPH carrying dust around.

Could then potentially make an argument for running the 351 and 359 until late and binning off the 54 evening boards, again serving places with no evening service like Murton, Briardene etc.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - ross13 - 05 Sep 2023

Seen on Facebook/ Darlington Borough Council Website that Stagecoach will commence it's 6/6a operations from Tomorrow running Hurworth - Darlington - Middleton St George and Teesside Airport only

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 06 Sep 2023

Must say, using Bustimes usual caveats, Blyth has turned an absolute shambles the past few days.

If the X7/X8 tracking is right I feel very sorry for whoever is driving 1505 right now. Absolute absurd to cancel 2 peak times X7 out of Newcastle and have a single decker heading in 80 minutes after the first cancelled bus.

There's going to be some right pissed off passengers.