North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - gtom - 20 Jan 2015

Interesting. Wonder what the X2 change is?

I'd be really tempted to turn the X2 into an Express running from Gateshead to Chester non stop....however that is then effectively handing Durham Road to GNE

(20 Jan 2015, 6:53 pm)Kuyoyo PB0002717/238 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Newcastle given service number X2 effective from 20-Jan-2015. To amend Route.

Interesting. Wonder what this is?

I'd be really tempted to turn the X2 into an Express running from Gateshead to Chester non stop....however that is then effectively handing Durham Road to GNE

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 20 Jan 2015

What other changes are going to be made to the 306 / 308 then? The Sunday one is an interesting because despite the fact that the 306 doesn't normally justify a decker, it always gets packed on a Sunday.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 20 Jan 2015

(20 Jan 2015, 7:21 pm)gtom Interesting.  Wonder what the X2 change is?

Given it starts today I'm guessing something to do with the diversion in Chester

(20 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm)tyresmoke Given it starts today I'm guessing something to do with the diversion in Chester

My eyes failed me

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 21 Jan 2015

On VOSA today.

PB0002717/201 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Branksome given service number 2 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/202 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Mowden given service number 3 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/210 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Skerne Park and Harrowgate Farm given service number 14/14a/14b effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/292 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Tow Law given service number 1/1B/X1 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JoshP - 21 Jan 2015

(21 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm)Jimmi On VOSA today.

PB0002717/201 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Branksome given service number 2 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/202 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Mowden given service number 3 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/210 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Skerne Park and Harrowgate Farm given service number 14/14a/14b effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/292 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Tow Law given service number 1/1B/X1 effective from 01-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Ooo interesting! Any details? 

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - upt50k - 21 Jan 2015

(21 Jan 2015, 6:26 pm)JoshP Ooo interesting! Any details? 

could it be a change of stand as it badly needs sorting

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 21 Jan 2015

PB0002717/382 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Sunderland given service number 22 effective from 22-Jan-2015. To amend Route

Think it could be for the end of works in Wheatley Hill which saw the 22 following a small diversion.

It appears the registrations I posted earlier for Darlington do appear to be stand changes in Darlington with services 2 & 3 moving to stand J and services 4 & 14/14A/14B to Skerne Park moving to stand I (info based on Traveline search on Monday 2nd February).

Also there is revised timetables from Sunday.

County Durham: 6, 48, 56/56A.
Whitby Towns and X93.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Stuart Phin - 22 Jan 2015

(21 Jan 2015, 11:23 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/382 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Sunderland given service number 22 effective from 22-Jan-2015. To amend Route

Think it could be for the end of works in Wheatley Hill which saw the 22 following a small diversion.

It appears the registrations I posted earlier for Darlington do appear to be stand changes in Darlington with services 2 & 3 moving to stand J and services 4 & 14/14A/14B to Skerne Park moving to stand I (info based on Traveline search on Monday 2nd February).

Also there is revised timetables from Sunday.

County Durham: 6, 48, 56/56A.
Whitby Towns and X93.

If it is changes of stand that's going to make things worse on tubwell row, 4's are every 10 mins, so are the 14s but the 14 shuttle has a lay over of 9 mins so if it stands in the stop then it's going to cause more back log to the town, best bet is to put the 2's back to burger king as well as the north road buses 

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 22 Jan 2015

(22 Jan 2015, 12:32 am)Stuart Phin If it is changes of stand that's going to make things worse on tubwell row, 4's are every 10 mins, so are the 14s but the 14 shuttle has a lay over of 9 mins so if it stands in the stop then it's going to cause more back log to the town, best bet is to put the 2's back to burger king as well as the north road buses 

I know the last set of changes just made things worse in all parts of the town (apart from Prebend Row) So stand I will now have the 14's every 10 minutes, the 4's every 10 minutes chances are this will make things even worse with the buses backing onto stand H like they do now. When will the utter **** up that is Darlington Town Centre will hopefully be sorted one day so it is not a deadly gauntlet just trying to get from one side of the road to the other and have buses blocking the road.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JoshP - 22 Jan 2015

(22 Jan 2015, 12:42 am)Jimmi I know the last set of changes just made things worse in all parts of the town (apart from Prebend Row) So stand I will now have the 14's every 10 minutes, the 4's every 10 minutes and also the 1/X1 combined 15 minutes so chances are this will make things even worse with the buses backing onto stand H like they do now. When will the utter **** up that is Darlington Town Centre will hopefully be sorted one day so it is not a deadly gauntlet just trying to get from one side of the road to the other and have buses blocking the road.

This isn't a going to end well at all. Stand E needs to come into use and some services need to be put back to Burger King

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MrFozz - 22 Jan 2015

(22 Jan 2015, 12:42 am)Jimmi I know the last set of changes just made things worse in all parts of the town (apart from Prebend Row) So stand I will now have the 14's every 10 minutes, the 4's every 10 minutes and also the 1/X1 combined 15 minutes so chances are this will make things even worse with the buses backing onto stand H like they do now. When will the utter **** up that is Darlington Town Centre will hopefully be sorted one day so it is not a deadly gauntlet just trying to get from one side of the road to the other and have buses blocking the road.
Is Darlo a place that would benefit from a dedicated bus station, I was in Darlo about 3 days before Xmas and the place was clogged with Buses, leapfrogging each other through the Town and it looked like an accident waiting to happen...With the amount of buses I seen that days, surely a bus station would be a benefit to the town

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - John_R - 22 Jan 2015

Problem is there's no convenient place for passengers to put a bus station in Darlington

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 22 Jan 2015

Even just a simple bus station like Regent Centre, Blyth or Alnwick would be an option? Them stupid car parks are bad for parking and them stupid taxis think they can stop anywhere.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MrFozz - 22 Jan 2015

(22 Jan 2015, 9:30 am)MrPottski You're right, since the greedy council sold off all the best areas. That new Feethams development could have been quite easily located on the opposite side of the road, or on the site of the old car dealership, both of which are being used for car parks at present. Then, build a bus station where it used to be, with a car park on the top, like the old Sunderland CBS. The problem you have is, Darlington council haven't got a clue when it comes to anything bus related, and those in charge of Arriva in Darlington aren't much better. Someone will end up dead in that town before long, and it will be them to blame.

The football club should never have left Feethams Tongue thats a different story lol...I dont know Darlington that well so dont know where any space would be...

It was mad the amount of buses on the road was mad...as you say someone will have blood on there hands before long

(22 Jan 2015, 9:30 am)MrPottski You're right, since the greedy council sold off all the best areas. That new Feethams development could have been quite easily located on the opposite side of the road, or on the site of the old car dealership, both of which are being used for car parks at present. Then, build a bus station where it used to be, with a car park on the top, like the old Sunderland CBS. The problem you have is, Darlington council haven't got a clue when it comes to anything bus related, and those in charge of Arriva in Darlington aren't much better. Someone will end up dead in that town before long, and it will be them to blame.

Yeah there is no where to put a bus station anymore since everywhere has been sold, Feethams would have been ideal but instead they decided to put that new development on the site including another car park so now there is nowhere to put one. Something has to be done soon as it will end up with blood splattered because they will be ran down by something they couldn't see, get confused about the road layout and think it is okay to cross the road when it isn't or even just more basic things such as arsehole taxi drivers driving like a man on a mission, you may remember my post in the annoying thread about me nearly being ran down by a taxi outside the taxi rank outside the indoor market because the driver came from Prebend Row to Tubwell Row then turned right without indicating (which I don't think any taxi driver in Darlington actually does) so because he didn't indicate I assumed that he was carrying on down Tubwell Row so I crossed outside the indoor market then had a red taxi come round right in front of me with a driver giving me looks that could turn people to stone (I don't know why he was giving me hacky looks it was his bleeding fault if he knew to use his bloody indicator's I wouldn't have steeped out - ****).

Going a bit off topic here but Darlington Borough Council have made all the wrong decisions about everything in Darlington Town Centre - pedestrian parts of the town to make the town safer (and made other parts really unsafe), moving the market to a number of stalls around the indoor market, also every bloody school holidays there is some crappy rides in the market place which looks tacky as owt, closing the toilets outside the indoor market so now you have to go to the Dolphin Centre which only has a limited number of toilets. The car parks are more like a game of dogems and if your driving anything bigger than a Smart car you are going to damage the car in some capacity or run over pedestrians.

Something needs to be done as I think these changes next month will make things worse, I think all buses should only stop at one stop in the town centre so the buses are more spread out, problems with this is people will bitch and moan that their bus doesn't stop where they want to be and will stop using the buses (or claim to and continue moaning). This will never happen as though.

Also with the Do the Localmotion thing how come you can afford to give money to Arriva for fitting them next stop announcements on the Pulsars and setting up that park and ride from the college on Saturdays which practically nobody used apparently (I went past once and I saw three cars in the car park, which may have belonged to people who work at the college working on Saturday) how can they afford to do junk like this after rural parts of Darlington lost their bus services in 2013 with parts still without a bus service and other parts likely to lose them again soon due to the services not being commercially viable. Joke.

This rant went on for so long that Tapatalk couldn't handle how much I've typed about my frustration with the council and their idiotic decisions.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - John_R - 22 Jan 2015

Although, I agree that the council is useless and hope they get voted out. Personally I'm glad there isn't a bus station at Feethams as it isn't really close to the main shops and would make the bus a less convenient option for many people. Also I'm sure many including my myself would prefer the cinema as it would save a trip to Teesside Park. Also they're just about to start building a multi storey car park at Beaumont St/Feethams which although is probably needed, it will undoubtedly be an eyesore.

Also its quite unlikely someone will be killed and given its now nearly 10 years since pedestrianisation was introduced, there has not been anyone seriously injured in that time - pretty much every town centre in the North East has a worse record, so it has done quite well considering its inevitable that there will be some collisions due to people just crossing without looking.

However they do need to move the stops back to how they were with North Road service outside Burger King.

To be honest the screens will benefit more people than a service to Brafferton or another outlying village.

(22 Jan 2015, 1:12 pm)John_R Although, I agree that the council is useless and hope they get voted out. Personally I'm glad there isn't a bus station at Feethams as it isn't really close to the main shops and would make the bus a less convenient option for many people. Also I'm sure many including my myself would prefer the cinema as it would save a trip to Teesside Park. Also they're just about to start building a multi storey car park at Beaumont St/Feethams which although is probably needed, it will undoubtedly be an eyesore.

Also its quite unlikely someone will be killed and given its now nearly 10 years since pedestrianisation was introduced, there has not been anyone seriously injured in that time - pretty much every town centre in the North East has a worse record, so it has done quite well considering its inevitable that there will be some collisions due to people just crossing without looking.

However they do need to move the stops back to how they were with North Road service outside Burger King.

To be honest the screens will benefit more people than a service to Brafferton or another outlying village.

True. It would be far for some people to walk and I am looking forward to the cinema and restaurants being built on Feethams as it will bring more employment opportunities to the town centre which will especially be good considering a fair few shops have closed in the town centre in the last few months with more will probably follow the next on being BANK.

I think it wasn't so much about being so buses on Prebend Row before I think it was more the amount of people waiting at the stops was more the reason why I think the changes happened, perhaps Waterstones was complaining that people couldn't get into their shops perhaps.

I think the North Road services should be moved back to Burger King, the Cockerton services should move to stand H and the 9/10 move to stand I.

In fairness whenever I used the 5A in the past everyone used to go ugh! when it went round Brafferton especially when no-one got on/off which happened 9 times out of 10. Also I can't see the 20 lasting long as there seems to be no one it when I've seen it. Hopefully the 16/16A will survive in some capacity.

CHANGES TO STANDS IN DARLINGTON TOWN CENTRE

From 1st February, we're swapping departures between Stand I and Stand J in Tubwell Row, to improve stand access for some of our larger vehicles.

This means that Services 1, X1, 2 and 3 will depart from Stand J and Services 4 and 14/a/b will depart from Stand I.