North East Buses
Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc (/showthread.php?tid=108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - idiot - 11 Aug 2015

I most admit I do like the handmade burger co Smile

Nandos I could pass but good when rough off the drink LOL

Frankie & Bennys is just awful!

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)idiot I most admit I do like the handmade burger co Smile

Nandos I could pass but good when rough off the drink LOL

Frankie & Bennys is just awful!

Aye Frankie and Bennys is a rip off!

Coast to Coast is much better I think - similar food and a lot cheaper.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Tom Yeah Nandos is nice, often go there when I'm in town. Quite like the Handmade Burger Co. which is opening one in Eldon Square too (that'll be two within walking distance!).

Never heard of Handmade Burger Co... whats that other burger place called in the Metrocentre?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Adrian - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:47 pm)Michael Never heard of Handmade Burger Co... whats that other burger place called in the Metrocentre?
Gourmet Burger Kitchen?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 11 Aug 2015

I'm sure there is a Handmade Burger Co. in Metrocentre? Only been to The Gate one so not sure.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm)aureolin Gourmet Burger Kitchen?

Ye!

Haven't being their to, is that any good?

Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Adrian - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm)Michael Ye!

Haven't being their to, is that any good?

Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!
Never been to one up here, but the ones I tried in London and Bristol were great. Pricey for what it is, but certainly tasty.

When Five Guys comes to Newcastle and Metrocentre next year I definitely want to try that - heard good things about it!

(11 Aug 2015, 7:55 pm)aureolin Never been to one up here, but the ones I tried in London and Bristol were great. Pricey for what it is, but certainly tasty.

Ye it is quite pricey.

(11 Aug 2015, 7:56 pm)Tom When Five Guys comes to Newcastle and Metrocentre next year I definitely want to try that - heard good things about it!

Just had a look at the menu... sounds nice

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:29 pm)Tom Aye Frankie and Bennys is a rip off!

Coast to Coast is much better I think - similar food and a lot cheaper.

Funny that Frankie & Bennys is owned by the same Company which owns Coast to Coast, Coast to Coast is supposed be more expensive supposedly, had an Interview at Coast to Coast a few months back which is how I know this.

(11 Aug 2015, 8:00 pm)Michael Just had a look at the menu... sounds nice

Aye it does, Newcastle is going to be unreal for dining once the new food court opens in Newcastle. 21 new restaurants, hopefully they'll be something different and not the same old. Would be nice to have a Chiquito in Newcastle, very nice but pricey.

(11 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm)Tom Aye it does, Newcastle is going to be unreal for dining once the new food court opens in Newcastle. 21 new restaurants, hopefully they'll be something different and not the same old. Would be nice to have a Chiquito in Newcastle, very nice but pricey.
Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

(11 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm)aureolin Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

Haha Newcastle isn't far behind

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - BusLoverMum - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Tom Yeah Nandos is nice, often go there when I'm in town. Quite like the Handmade Burger Co. which is opening one in Eldon Square too (that'll be two within walking distance!).

Yet to try the handmade burger co. The menu says they all have mayo on, which means that big'un would need to ask for it to be left off, which is against his rules Rolleyes

I'm not overly keen on F&Bs, but it's just about the only place (apart from "Coffee!") that the 4 of us can find something we'll all eat. I'd like it better if the salad wasn't so crap. Big'un usually has a burger or spag bol (or an M&S salmon and cucumber sarnie) hates spice and can't eat cheese (the consequences are vile). Little'un is all about sausage rolls or crap and chips.

(11 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm)aureolin Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

Sunderland appears to be slowly morphing into one giant Greggs.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - BusLoverMum - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm)Michael Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!

There's one opened in Durham, where the chinese buffet used to be in the Gates. I keep meaning to try it. I would definitely have to do that without children. Nothing they sell is in either of their rule books.

(11 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm)BusLoverMum Yet to try the handmade burger co. The menu says they all have mayo on, which means that big'un would need to ask for it to be left off, which is against his rules Rolleyes

I'm not overly keen on F&Bs, but it's just about the only place (apart from "Coffee!") that the 4 of us can find something we'll all eat. I'd like it better if the salad wasn't so crap. Big'un usually has a burger or spag bol (or an M&S salmon and cucumber sarnie) hates spice and can't eat cheese (the consequences are vile). Little'un is all about sausage rolls or crap and chips.

Sunderland appears to be slowly morphing into one giant Greggs.

Aye they should take it out for you. I'm sure you can create your own burger too, if you do go the pulled pork one was delicious. The only downside with Handmade Burger Co. is that you have to pay for your fries. So can be a bit pricey.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Dan - 11 Aug 2015

Whey aye - us Mackems are all about fine dining!!

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - South Tyne Lad - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 9:27 pm)Dan Whey aye - us Mackems are all about fine dining!!

Even though im not a Mackem...
Who needs Nandos and The Handmade Burger Company when you can have a Greggs

EDIT Just remembered theve started to put inside dining inside there shops so there you go, Fine Dining Big Grin

(11 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm)BusLoverMum There's one opened in Durham, where the chinese buffet used to be in the Gates. I keep meaning to try it. I would definitely have to do that without children. Nothing they sell is in either of their rule books.

Might pop to Sunderland and get one tomorrow Smile

Currently not doing anything tomorrow.