North East Buses
Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc (/showthread.php?tid=108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - cbma06 - 20 May 2016

Take a bird's eye look at Sunderland's new super highway with this stunning video

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/transport/take-a-bird-s-eye-look-at-sunderland-s-new-super-highway-with-this-stunning-video-1-7923623#ixzz49DczHzwD

Plans for a £60million dual carriageway to link Sunderland's new Wear Crossing into the city centre have been given the thumbs-up from residents.

The scheme - Phase 3 of the Sunderland Strategic Transport Corridor (SSTC) linking the Port of Sunderland to the A19, Nissan and the new International Advanced Manufacturing Park - will see a dual carriageway run from the eastern end of the new bridge through Pallion, Deptford, and Farringdon Row to St Mary’s Boulevard.

Details of the scheme will also be on display at the City Library in Fawcett Street from Monday.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 20 May 2016

(20 May 2016, 5:41 pm)cbma06 Take a bird's eye look at Sunderland's new super highway with this stunning video

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/transport/take-a-bird-s-eye-look-at-sunderland-s-new-super-highway-with-this-stunning-video-1-7923623#ixzz49DczHzwD

Plans for a £60million dual carriageway to link Sunderland's new Wear Crossing into the city centre have been given the thumbs-up from residents.

The scheme - Phase 3 of the Sunderland Strategic Transport Corridor (SSTC) linking the Port of Sunderland to the A19, Nissan and the new International Advanced Manufacturing Park - will see a dual carriageway run from the eastern end of the new bridge through Pallion, Deptford, and Farringdon Row to St Mary’s Boulevard.

Details of the scheme will also be on display at the City Library in Fawcett Street from Monday.

Cheers for sharing, it looks good, thankfully the video explained it better than those drawings and the PDF. haha

Edit:

Public consultation on project proposals

11 | Impact on existing buildings

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=17872&p=0&fsize=5Mb&ftype=11%20Impact%20on%20existing%20buildings.PDF

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 21 May 2016

Flannels clothes store is supposed to be opening in the old Primark store in Sunderland.

http://www.flannels.com/

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 7:59 am)Michael Flannels clothes store is supposed to be opening in the old Primark store in Sunderland.

A canny store in Sunderland for once! First one in the North East too which is a surprise as it's normally Newcastle or Metrocentre.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:02 am)Tom A canny store in Sunderland for once! First one in the North East too which is a surprise as it's normally Newcastle or Metrocentre.

Same Tom, it seems a random area to have one... the prices though.... £320 for a T-shirt! 

Not confirmed yet but i was hoping for a shop like this, would rather have House of Fraser through Tongue

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:09 am)Michael Same Tom, it seems a random area to have one... the prices though.... £320 for a T-shirt! 

Not confirmed yet but i was hoping for a shop like this, would rather have House of Fraser through Tongue

Yeah that's what Sunderland is missing - a decent department store as Debenhams isn't great. Shame as Sunderland has good potential bus it is wasted on crap charity shops and cheap poundshops.

(21 May 2016, 8:18 am)Tom Yeah that's what Sunderland is missing - a decent department store as Debenhams isn't great. Shame as Sunderland has good potential bus it is wasted on crap charity shops and cheap poundshops.

Said it for years Tom, hopefully with all these new buildings, (such as the VAUX site) we can get decent shops in.

I still think all the shops along highstreet west (expect for M&S, BHS and Mc Donlands) should be knocked down and rebuilt in, a few shops could do with a make over to.

(21 May 2016, 8:22 am)Michael Said it for years Tom, hopefully with all these new buildings, (such as the VAUX site) we can get decent shops in.

I still think all the shops along highstreet west (expect for M&S, BHS and Mc Donlands) should be knocked down and rebuilt in, a few shops could do with a make over to.

House of Fraser would be a massive boost though.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - BusLoverMum - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 7:59 am)Michael Flannels clothes store is supposed to be opening in the old Primark store in Sunderland.

I wonder if the guy on the home page realises that he accidentally picked up his kid brother's jacket?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - BusLoverMum - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:09 am)Michael Same Tom, it seems a random area to have one... the prices though.... £320 for a T-shirt! 

First t-shirt in the women's section is a snip at £135 - says hand wash only. For that price, I'd expect it to wash itself!

Bargain
http://www.flannels.com/fendi-camicia-silk-blouse-652303?colcode=65230318

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 26 May 2016

Signage has gone up for Flannels at the old Primark shop in the city centre.

-------------

Sunderland lighthouse restoration set to remove historic landmark it from 'at risk' register

Other regeneration projects planned for the seafront include improvements to the toilet blocks:

• New public toilets at the former Seaburn Shelter to include Disabled Changing Place Facilities (due to open in June)

• Proposals to repair and reopen Tram Shelter toilet blocks at Seaburn (for Summer 2017)

• New toilet block to be built at Marine Walk, Roker to include Disabled Changing Place Facilities (work due to begin in Autumn 2016 with completion by the end of the year).

Works will also be completed this year on the restoration of the Grade II Roker Pier and Lighthouse. New railings will be installed on the pier and the tunnel entrance building will be constructed allowing the tours to commence in Autumn this year.

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-region/sunderland/sunderland-lighthouse-restoration-set-to-remove-historic-landmark-it-from-at-risk-register-1-7932285#ixzz49m3AzCyw

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 26 May 2016

Great letting Flannels! Does Cashley own Flannels too?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 26 May 2016

(26 May 2016, 3:16 pm)Tom Great letting Flannels! Does Cashley own Flannels too?

I'm not sure if he owns it fully or just a small % of it.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Tom - 26 May 2016

(26 May 2016, 3:25 pm)Michael I'm not sure if he owns it fully or just a small % of it.

Yeah to be fair Van Mildert is quite a nice shop and he owns that too so I'm sure Flannels will be ok. Sports Direct is horrendous though

(26 May 2016, 3:26 pm)Tom Yeah to be fair Van Mildert is quite a nice shop and he owns that too so I'm sure Flannels will be ok. Sports Direct is horrendous though

Ye, i only get my work trainers from Sports Direct

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Jimmi - 26 May 2016

(26 May 2016, 2:54 pm)Michael Signage has gone up for Flannels at the old Primark shop in the city centre.

Oh good, be nice to see something like that in Sunderland, that said it will be nice to see anything other than an empty unit in that area. Not heard of the shop Flannels before, I'm guessing it's going to be like Phyche in Middlesbrough based on a quick look on their website.

(26 May 2016, 3:47 pm)Jimmi Oh good, be nice to see something like that in Sunderland, that said it will be nice to see anything other than an empty unit in that area. Not heard of the shop Flannels before, I'm guessing it's going to be like Phyche in Middlesbrough based on a quick look on their website.

Yeah basically the same as Van Mildert and Tessuti places like that

(26 May 2016, 3:47 pm)Jimmi Oh good, be nice to see something like that in Sunderland, that said it will be nice to see anything other than an empty unit in that area. Not heard of the shop Flannels before, I'm guessing it's going to be like Phyche in Middlesbrough based on a quick look on their website.

Ye, its about time, hopefully this can attract other shops in to the city.

Before we build any extension to the bridges, the units with nothing in should be used up...

I do believe where Keel Square is, the hotel proposed to be built, will allow the some of the units in that area to be knocked down....

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Jimmi - 26 May 2016

(26 May 2016, 3:51 pm)Tom Yeah basically the same as Van Mildert and Tessuti places like that
Thought so. Looking forward to it opening then, think I'll have to make a trip to Sunderland when it opens as I've only really been been there for photos recently.
(26 May 2016, 3:53 pm)Michael Ye, its about time, hopefully this can attract other shops in to the city.

Before we build any extension to the bridges, the units with nothing in should be used up...

I do believe where Keel Square is, the hotel proposed to be built, will allow the some of the units in that area to be knocked down....
People slag off the shops in Sunderland but I actually don't think it is that bad, don't get me wrong it's not quite as good for shops as other places like Newcastle or the MetroCentre but I think it's reasonably okay, admittedly there is a selection of cheap shops that bring the place down a bit but, it's still better than say Durham for shops (in my opinion).