North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1239)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 15 Feb 2013

Howdy, found this site by accident.

Picking up on the X7, reckon GNE have missed a trick by not sending it via Doxford Park and Dalton Park.
I can understand the idea of pushing along the coast road to compete with Arriva, but is there going to be much of a demand from some of the villages along the coast versus the choice of a quicker service to key employment and retail opportunities?
Will routing it via Norton mean that diversions of the X9 will end?
The vehicle allocation will be interesting too... Especially with the low cost unit at Peterlee.

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 15 Feb 2013

(15 Feb 2013, 7:38 pm)Andreos1 Howdy, found this site by accident.

Picking up on the X7, reckon GNE have missed a trick by not sending it via Doxford Park and Dalton Park.
I can understand the idea of pushing along the coast road to compete with Arriva, but is there going to be much of a demand from some of the villages along the coast versus the choice of a quicker service to key employment and retail opportunities?
Will routing it via Norton mean that diversions of the X9 will end?
The vehicle allocation will be interesting too... Especially with the low cost unit at Peterlee.

I think the way that GNE looks at it, that any passenger wants to goto Doxford Park from the X9 or X10 then change at Peterlee bus station for the X35. And i think that GNE not going to put in extra bus services in at Dalton Park until at least there start doing phase 2 Dalton Park. Ive already mentioned to GNE when there ran the X11 Heworth to Peterlee and also when there ran the X11 to Hartlepool, that it wouldnt hurt if you ran the X11 via Doxford Park and Dalton Park, even if at peak times. Since then Arriva started the X19 Newcastle to Doxford Park for the workers.

Even when Arriva pulled out of the Peterlee Depot, GNE could of done a deal to purchase the depot instead of using County Durham Community Transport grounds just down the road, then GNE could of maintaned the buses at Peterlee and could of stationed some of the Drifters (60/61) all the East Durham Brand and also maybe some of the X9/X10 buses.

That's what I thought - but thats why I am not their biggest fan. Appreciate you can't have dire t buses going everywhere, but to have a stack of buses going to the same places, from the same places doesn't make too much sense. How many buses from Dalton Park to Seaham do you really need? After all, where can you go to from Seaham?

(15 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm)Andreos1 That's what I thought - but thats why I am not their biggest fan. Appreciate you can't have dire t buses going everywhere, but to have a stack of buses going to the same places, from the same places doesn't make too much sense. How many buses from Dalton Park to Seaham do you really need? After all, where can you go to from Seaham?

At Dalton Park, theres a 10 minute frequency on the GNE 61, (next month there will be a hourly 265 and a hourly 202) also Arriva service 24 twice an hour. i havent really looked to see if the X7 from bryon place seaham to Sunderland will be quicker than the 60 and if so will passengers know about it and start using the X7 than the 60.

All going from dalton park to sunderland via Seaham (apart from the 265). The x7 isn't much of an alternative with it being hourly, which is why I think it would be best suited avoiding Seaham and duplicating what is already running between Seaham and Sunderland Inc the new bus replacing the 203 (can't remember number).

If the x7 was to call at Dalton Park and then go along the A19 to Doxford Park, surely it is extending the untapped Market, like it does south of Peterlee? I can see that bringing more passengers Inc. Commuters, than the route it is using via Seaham.

4843 has now had its Crusader branding removed, this would seem to suggest that the B10s may be soon be making way for the Citaros currently on the 10/10A and also that the new deckers may soon be ready for service.

Some of the new double deckers supposed to be making an appearance in service on monday

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 15 Feb 2013

(15 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm)Andreos1 All going from dalton park to sunderland via Seaham (apart from the 265). The x7 isn't much of an alternative with it being hourly, which is why I think it would be best suited avoiding Seaham and duplicating what is already running between Seaham and Sunderland Inc the new bus replacing the 203 (can't remember number).

If the x7 was to call at Dalton Park and then go along the A19 to Doxford Park, surely it is extending the untapped Market, like it does south of Peterlee? I can see that bringing more passengers Inc. Commuters, than the route it is using via Seaham.

As fairly recently as 2004, Durham Council used to secure a service X16 operated by Scarlet Band which operated one return trip a day to Doxford International from the likes of Station Town, Wingate and Peterlee. I can't tell you anything about typical passenger loadings though.

Scroll down to X16 to see the timetable. I won't post the direct timetable URL because I'll be changing it soon.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=141

I think the X7 will be good to test the sort of demand that the route receives - and in time maybe we could see changes to X7 and/or X35 to accommodate customer suggestions and changing customer travel patterns.

I can vaguely remember that bus from when I did some work on Doxford Park.
The problem with that bus, was that it missed out a big chunk of the villages and towns along the way. It was great if you lived on the route and needed to be at Doxford Park, starting /finishing a shift when the bus was due, but if you didn't or had to travel to get to its route to get it (on top of paying for the crazy fare and any connecting fares)...
Suppose it is finding the right balance between speed and ensuring you are collecting enough passengers on the way.

Mind, it just seems so short sighted with the X7 - it is a service which has a lot of potential. It is competing with regular, established routes between Sunderland and Seaham and again between Peterlee and Middlesbrough, so surely has to make the most of the destinations in-between, like the ones suggested.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 16 Feb 2013

(15 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm)cbma06 4843 has now had its Crusader branding removed, this would seem to suggest that the B10s may be soon be making way for the Citaros currently on the 10/10A and also that the new deckers may soon be ready for service.

Some of the new double deckers supposed to be making an appearance in service on monday

And a photo can be seen below - if we haven't already given a link to a photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85045832@N07/8476374227/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 16 Feb 2013

- re: X7

My gran and grandad have got whiff about the new X7. I've told them that it will stop at Grangetown Stockton Terrace, but I'm not exactly sure which stop this would be. When they go to Seaham every week, they catch the 11 from Hendon to the Grangetown terminus, then a very easy transfer to the 60. They're wondering if they'd be able to do this with the X7 too.

This is a view of the area - the old tram terminus which is now the terminus for the 11, and on the main road is the southbound bus stop on the left and the northbound bus stop on the right. These stops benefit from a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing.

[attachment=4349]

This is the next set of bus stops further north up the road, southbound on left and northbound on right. I'm hoping that these aren't the stops that "Grangetown Stockton Terrace" defines - the southbound bus stop here doesn't even have a shelter. Although these stops are closer to the shops, the 10/11/18/19 don't serve this section of road so connections could be difficult for folk who perhaps can't walk very well to come up to these set of stops. These stops only have a zebra crossing or a traffic island to cross (depending on which side of the roundabout you're on.

[attachment=4350]

Ideally I could see merit in both set of stops being served, but I guess that's why it's classed as a limited-stop service...

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 16 Feb 2013

Does anybody know where the Crusaders buses be going when the Citaros go onto the 27's?

Also wouldnt it better if GNE closes Saltmeadows road and move everything to the new depot when its built?

RE: Go North East - gtom - 16 Feb 2013

(16 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm)cbma06 Does anybody know where the Crusaders buses be going when the Citaros go onto the 27's?

Also wouldnt it better if GNE closes Saltmeadows road and move everything to the new depot when its built?

Popular belief (not at all fact but mentioned in so many places it's become almost bible) is that the Waggonway will be getting them to allow get rid of the DAF's.

I asked about it on Openline and was told 'its an option but there are no concrete plans and fleet review is a constant evolving and changing process'

RE: Go North East - Wellsey18 - 16 Feb 2013

Saw a B10BLE in just a maroon base colour so looks like debranding of the crusaders is starting, another thing is the planned liver for the wright bendy looks superb cant wait to see it!! And the reason it wont serve Haymarket is probably because a bendy couldn't fit in Haymarket haha

RE: Go North East - Michael - 16 Feb 2013

(16 Feb 2013, 7:18 pm)Rob
(16 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm)cbma06 Does anybody know where the Crusaders buses be going when the Citaros go onto the 27's?

Fleet movements will be taking place this evening. A number of the Citaro will be moving to Gateshead from Winlaton with half as many B10BLE's moving in the opposite direction. It will be very much a gradual move, with a number of changes each week until all is settled.

Saltmeadow Road depot is primarily contracted work; excluding the 'South Tyne' 5 operations. It also carries out repair and modernisation programs. The new depot at Dunston will combine Sunderland Road and Winlaton depots into one site, once the depot has opened a review of operations will carried out.

How many deckers are entering service this week?, wonder which depots the B10's will go to, probleys end up getting split up

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 16 Feb 2013

(16 Feb 2013, 11:09 pm)Michael
(16 Feb 2013, 7:18 pm)Rob

Fleet movements will be taking place this evening. A number of the Citaro will be moving to Gateshead from Winlaton with half as many B10BLE's moving in the opposite direction. It will be very much a gradual move, with a number of changes each week until all is settled.

Saltmeadow Road depot is primarily contracted work; excluding the 'South Tyne' 5 operations. It also carries out repair and modernisation programs. The new depot at Dunston will combine Sunderland Road and Winlaton depots into one site, once the depot has opened a review of operations will carried out.

How many deckers are entering service this week?, wonder which depots the B10's will go to, probleys end up getting split up

I am led to believe the 10 that have been delivered so far will all be in service by the end of the week.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 17 Feb 2013

Would be nice for all 10 Decker's which has arrived to enter service on Monday so Gateshead can loose at least 8 B10's to other depots but probley's a few will only enter service.

Im looking forward to riding one of the decker's to Hexham.

Be intresting to see where the B10's will go, ive heard some of these will replace the DAF's on the Waggonway.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 17 Feb 2013

And here was me in hope that the first 28 of the morning wouldn't be a DAF but a nice plain maroon B10

RE: Go North East - Dan - 17 Feb 2013

Interesting to hear that three didn't move! Rob, have you any idea which two were transferred?
I'd have put my money on the three debranded ones, but given that only two were transferred, I'm now questioning that too. Cheers in advance.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 17 Feb 2013

I dunno but there's plenty of naffness that turns up on the 10 (DAFs, yellow deckers, red B10s etc) but you are right.

I'm just happy to get anything newer than the DAF's. The only advantage they have is they seem to have excellent legroom when compared to other stuff

RE: Go North East - Michael - 18 Feb 2013

Timetable for changes are now posted on the timetable list, atm the X7 has no brand

Not to be confused with the ones from last November... which the date has'nt being removed from

Also Fleet News... Not much

Volvo Olympian 3922: R281 LGH has been sold to North East Bus & Coach, Stockton.

What other Fleet changes has happened today?