North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1240)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Go North East - Dan - 09 Jan 2013

This week's fleet list is now available, see attachment added.

Change-log:
09/01/13 - Ex-London Volvo Olympians 3904, 3916, 3917, 3918, 3936, 3937, 3938 and 3939 and Dennis SPD 8210: V210 ERG have been sold to Tees Valley Stage Carriage, Marske and have therefore been removed completely from the fleetlist.

[attachment=1419]

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 09 Jan 2013

Brilliant work with the fleet list! Big Grin Very helpful!

Yep you're right - the 0602 9A was a yellow B10BLE, most likely the one you saw at about 8am if it's around a two-hour round trip.

Wanted to get the X3 tonight for a change. I was hoping to catch the 16:35 from Eldon Square, but couldn't have made it there or to Gateshead in time, but the Metro managed to "catch up" at Heworth.

What a palava at Heworth though. Been a couple of years since I've been at Heworth to catch a bus, and didn't even know which side to come out of when I climbed up from the Metro. Got outside, it was dark and I didn't have a clue which stand was mine and by the looks of it all the stands have been changed and refurbished. There was an almighty queue just to the left at Stand D, so I asked a guy at the end if the X3 stopped here (I didn't fancy or have time to check all the stands). He said it used to but couldn't say for certain now. An M1 pulled in and the queue went down a fair bit. Turns out the X3 does stop there, but I just couldn't believe how many people were queuing at this stand, when Stand C just further up was completely empty. It was just chaos.

I was rather chuffed when a Vyking came, can't remember the fleet number for the life of me though. Already fully-seated downstairs and by the time we left Heworth there was around 12 of us upstairs. Glad to see there's no immediate plans for it's withdrawal, but I don't think it can be guaranteed like what GNE have said there in Openline - cheers cbma06!

(09 Jan 2013, 7:51 pm)Brandon Brilliant work with the fleet list! Big Grin Very helpful!

What a palava at Heworth though. Been a couple of years since I've been at Heworth to catch a bus, and didn't even know which side to come out of when I climbed up from the Metro. Got outside, it was dark and I didn't have a clue which stand was mine and by the looks of it all the stands have been changed and refurbished. There was an almighty queue just to the left at Stand D, so I asked a guy at the end if the X3 stopped here (I didn't fancy or have time to check all the stands). He said it used to but couldn't say for certain. An M1 pulled him and the queue went down a fair bit. Turns out the X3 does stop there, but I just couldn't believe how many people were queuing at this stand, when Stand C just further up was completely empty. It was just chaos.

Thanks!

Oh dear, there are still problems? Stand changes were recently made to cut down the problems..!

"Following the recent stand changes at Heworth, problems have now arisen due to overcrowding of both buses and passengers on stand D. To alleviate this problem, Services X9, X10 and 557 will be relocated from Stand D forward to Stand C from Monday 7th January 2013.

Nexus staff will be on hand on both 7th and 8th January to oversee the relocation and advise customers."

^ From Go North East's Facebook around a week ago.

Cheers I didn't know that, would have hated to have seen it before the changes then! The queue for Stand D was almost into the metro station!

Stand C was empty when I was there; but in fairness, an X9 is timed there at 16:48 and I arrived a couple of minutes later or so.

Service 557 hasn't operated in years! Tongue

[attachment=1420]

(09 Jan 2013, 8:00 pm)Brandon Cheers I didn't know that, would have hated to have seen it before the changes then! The queue for Stand D was almost into the metro station!

Stand C was empty when I was there; but in fairness, an X9 is timed there at 16:48 and I arrived a couple of minutes later or so.

Service 557 hasn't operated in years! Tongue

I've never had a problem there actually - dare I say it's usually pretty empty when I'm there?

Guessing they meant the 57, they always make typos and such. Really gets on my nerves. :L

RE: Go North East - tom.robinson206 - 09 Jan 2013

It's pretty bad on a morning, as the Washington buses all seem to run at once during the rush hours.

As of this week, the stands are:

Stand A - 51, 51A, 58, 58X, N58
Stand B - 52, 52A, 68, 93, 94, 94A
Stand C - 27, 57, 68, 515, 922, X9, X10
Stand D - 26A, 558, 994, M1, M2, M2A, M3, M3A, M12, X3, X19
Stand E - 27, 921, X3, X9*, X10*, X19, TB529

* Set down only.

Cheers for that Tom! I really wish Nexus would do a stand map for every Tyne and Wear Bus Station/Interchange. That would make it so much easier!

Passengers can no longer take advantage of the pre-existing hail-and-ride arrangement on Castle Road, Prudhoe; due to new bus stops now in place for the Tynedale Links 686 bus. But this seems to have caused problems for residents living in the area -

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/news-at-a-glance/oaps-pay-the-price-for-confusion-over-hail-and-ride-1.1026142?referrerPath=home/2.3307

I can't quite believe it costs £700 for a new bus stop! Huh

RE: Go North East - Dan - 10 Jan 2013

(09 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm)Brandon Cheers for that Tom! I really wish Nexus would do a stand map for every Tyne and Wear Bus Station/Interchange. That would make it so much easier!

Passengers can no longer take advantage of the pre-existing hail-and-ride arrangement on Castle Road, Prudhoe; due to new bus stops now in place for the Tynedale Links 686 bus. But this seems to have caused problems for residents living in the area -

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/news-at-a-glance/oaps-pay-the-price-for-confusion-over-hail-and-ride-1.1026142?referrerPath=home/2.3307

Just think how many times a year bus stops need to be repaired too! I'm thinking on a Tyne & Wear basis too, and not the full North East.
Countless times now I've passed bus shelters and they've had their glass smashed through - perhaps won't cost quite as much as £700 what with the structure already being there and the work being done, but the glass must be quite costly each time!
Can't believe there are only two new stops on the route though... It should continue to run Hail & Ride if they're not to implement a third one too. Elderly folk rely on this service being H&R now and they've gotten used to it. Suggesting they walk an additional 5-10 minutes is a ludicrous thought.

RE: Go North East - tyresmoke - 10 Jan 2013

(10 Jan 2013, 7:08 am)Daniel
(09 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm)Brandon Cheers for that Tom! I really wish Nexus would do a stand map for every Tyne and Wear Bus Station/Interchange. That would make it so much easier!

Just think how many times a year bus stops need to be repaired too! I'm thinking on a Tyne & Wear basis too, and not the full North East.
Countless times now I've passed bus shelters and they've had their glass smashed through - perhaps won't cost quite as much as £700 what with the structure already being there and the work being done, but the glass must be quite costly each time!
Can't believe there are only two new stops on the route though... It should continue to run Hail & Ride if they're not to implement a third one too. Elderly folk rely on this service being H&R now and they've gotten used to it. Suggesting they walk an additional 5-10 minutes is a ludicrous thought.

I understand bus stops are maintained by whichever company uses them to advertise, down here on Teesside that is Clearchannel. Unfortunately you need fixed bus stops in order to comply with DDA which is why Skerne Park estate in Darlington (Arriva 14/14A) has just had stops put in recently.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 10 Jan 2013

Not quite comprehensive but the Nexus MyJourney allows you to search specific bus stops and download the timetables that are printed and placed in the stops themselves. It also offers realtime departures

Unfortunately for stations it only lists the next departures but it is a feature they are going to change to allow individual stand timetables to be downloaded. (ie - the Metrocentre is filled with X66 and 100 departures!)

http://myjourney.nexus.org.uk/

RE: Go North East - Tom - 10 Jan 2013

Omni galore on the 17/307 today!

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 10 Jan 2013

(10 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm)W179SCU Omni galore on the 17/307 today!

Steven Hodgson and Mark McCann managed to get a photo of 5248 on the 307 today! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/8367346061/in/photostream

Thanks gtomlinson! Would be better if you could access the information from each stand at bus stations remotely, rather than a full list of departures - not helpful at MetroCentre if you want to know the times of the next two 69A's in a hurry! Tongue

Actually I'm mistaken about having access to the stand layouts at bus stations - just found it buried at the bottom of this page - http://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/stations

Daniel I'm not that familiar with the area; but on Google Earth, Castle Road looks far too long to only have stops at the entrance and at the end where buses turn around.

Stagecoach's service 8 in South Hylton is also losing/or has lost it's hail&ride stopping arrangement.

‘Hail and Ride’ - Service 8
Until bus stops are erected, customers may stop the Service 8 bus at any
safe place on South View, Greenbank Drive, Railway Terrace, Pottery Lane,
Ford Avenue and Claxheugh Road. Please signal clearly to the driver.

Until a couple of years ago, I hadn't realised the police could get involved with situations about unsafe use of hail&ride. The car park at Seaburn Morrisons used by Redby then later Go North East; and also Stagecoach 18/19 until they were re-routed to South Bents. In early 2010, complaints were coming in from car-users at Morrisons about service 99 buses obstructing view at the entrance/exit to the car park; and from what I understand, the police banned buses from stopping there for a short time until a permanent bus stop could installed at a safer place just opposite the petrol station.

RE: Go North East Heworth - busmanT - 10 Jan 2013

X9 and X10 pick up at Heworth going to Newcastle, they aren't set down only.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 10 Jan 2013

As far as I'm aware, the 8 lost its "Hail & Ride" operation when it also lost the Alexander Dash bodied Dennis Darts that ran the service... Good few years ago, that was!
Will be interesting to see if any additional bus shelters/stops are placed for the 8X though... Over the course of the route (one-way) it has two or three stops/shelters... The terminus at the Golden Lion public house doesn't even have a stop!

RE: Go North East - Dan - 11 Jan 2013

Laser 4946 on X3... 07:54 departure running 10 mins late if anyone wants to catch it.
8259 on 08:07 X35.

RE: Go North East - ... - 11 Jan 2013

574 is on the X3 today aswell. 502 was on there yesterday

RE: Go North East Heworth - tom.robinson206 - 11 Jan 2013

(10 Jan 2013, 10:03 pm)busmanT X9 and X10 pick up at Heworth going to Newcastle, they aren't set down only.

They aren't on the timetables in the shelters.

RE: Go North East - ... - 11 Jan 2013

(11 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm)dans_bus_photos 574 is on the X3 today aswell. 502 was on there yesterday

510 is on the 35A today too!

RE: Go North East - Wellsey18 - 11 Jan 2013

I think go north east really need a service that connects to four lane ends!! Only operator that doesn't and I've never understood why they've never introduced a link to that area (I know the 17 is the same,sort of area)

And obviously they have the 353 but that isn't really their own service

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 11 Jan 2013

(11 Jan 2013, 4:04 pm)Wellsey18 I think go north east really need a service that connects to four lane ends!! Only operator that doesn't and I've never understood why they've never introduced a link to that area (I know the 17 is the same,sort of area)

And obviously they have the 353 but that isn't really their own service

A number of years ago, they did with service 314 which operated from the North Shields area, but if I remember, but really did not carry many passengers.