North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1247)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - idiot - 17 Sep 2013

Has a certain FB group closed recently?!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Sep 2013

GNE have posted about the changes for the 13/14 and X22

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-services-13-14-and-x22-from-27-october-2013

We already seen the timetables but theirs more info.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/european-mobility-week-wednesday-18-september

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 17 Sep 2013

Go North East really need to work on attention to detail on their website. The revised X22 operate via a similar route to the Arriva X24 between Durham and Chester-le-Street, rather than operating via Belmont and Carrville. However, type X22 in for a quick glance, and this isn't the case.

.png
x22gne.png
Size 48.97 KB / Downloads 61

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm)idiot Has a certain FB group closed recently?!

If your referring to what I think you are, then yes, I think it has, the moderator also seemingly deactivated his facebook account, which I guess also deactivated the group at the same time

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 17 Sep 2013

I guess 517 will move to Consett to replace 512 soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 7:26 am)Daniel 506 is still in service at Deptford despite being withdrawn last week. She is on the 0831 short 39 from Park Lane today.

Also - 5207's accident has not yet been noted from yesterday as of yet...
[Image: 1009477_541552232582707_1484672429_o.jpg]

Credit to Richard Tiplady for photo

Shit. That explains why the bus behind mine was supposedly fifteen minutes late. I should've been on that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 8:22 pm)the pilot Shit. That explains why the bus behind mine was supposedly fifteen minutes late. I should've been on that.

I'm not sure of when it actually happened - just that it was yesterday? :p

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 8:33 pm)Daniel I'm not sure of when it actually happened - just that it was yesterday? :p

About 7:00 would fit the lighting conditions and gap in the service, would you agree?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 10:27 pm)the pilot About 7:00 would fit the lighting conditions and gap in the service, would you agree?

It seems I was incorrect - it happened on Sunday rather than yesterday. The post was actually written yesterday at 23:30, describing events that had happened in the previous day. Me reading it as soon as I had woken up led to the error.

It was therefore not Monday 7am, and the gap in your service was just the good ol' Fab56 being as reliable as ever. Noted a few SPDs on there over the past few days too - you enjoying 'em? Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 18 Sep 2013

I haven't long driven past the area of Durham Uni that GNE are at today, promoting the tickets, services and other stuff to people in the Uni there.

If memory serves me right, GNE don't actually operate to that part of Durham.
Can anyone confirm this? It is the area just up from Maiden Castle that this promotion is taking place.

Whichever members of staff are going to Durham to promote these tickets and services, ironically will have to borrow a van, use a car or get there on an Arriva bus...

The students and uni staff who will be speaking with GNE, will have got to the building by foot, car or Arriva bus...

This isn't knocking GNE at all, if it encourages use on public transport, fantastic.
However, if they don't operate services to the uni or within a mile of the main sites, it seems a pointless excercise, filled with irony.

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 18 Sep 2013

Here's a pointless exercise, filled with ironing:

[Image: 450px-Extermeironingrivelin.jpg]

Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 10:48 am)Andreos1 I haven't long driven past the area of Durham Uni that GNE are at today, promoting the tickets, services and other stuff to people in the Uni there.

Can anyone confirm this? It is the area just up from Maiden Castle that this promotion is taking place.

Whichever members of staff are going to Durham to promote these tickets and services, ironically will have to borrow a van, use a car or get there on an Arriva bus...

The students and uni staff who will be speaking with GNE, will have got to the building by foot, car or Arriva bus...

This isn't knocking GNE at all, if it encourages use on public transport, fantastic.
However, if they don't operate services to the uni or within a mile of the main sites, it seems a pointless excercise, filled with irony.

Hello, Hello - are you masquerading as Faycebuk Polis on the GNE Facebook as whoever that is seems to be making a similar point !

(18 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm)busman101 Hello, Hello - are you masquerading as Faycebuk Polis on the GNE Facebook as whoever that is seems to be making a similar point !

Not me.
Haven't been on there today.
What has been said like?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm)busman101 Hello, Hello - are you masquerading as Faycebuk Polis on the GNE Facebook as whoever that is seems to be making a similar point !

Perhaps someone else has raised it because it's a logical point? I had thought the same thing when I first seen it. It's a bit like trying to sell a Metro season ticket to someone living in Washington.

RE: Go North East - Latest - VolvoMarkII - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 10:48 am)Andreos1 I haven't long driven past the area of Durham Uni that GNE are at today, promoting the tickets, services and other stuff to people in the Uni there.

Simply another dig at the competition I suspect. If they spent half as much time concentrating on their other services, rather than just the ones they compete with Arriva (X85, X7, 21, X21 etc). They may not be so blinkered to the failings elsewhere.

Only a matter of time before it all goes pear shaped.

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 18 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm)Daniel It seems I was incorrect - it happened on Sunday rather than yesterday. The post was actually written yesterday at 23:30, describing events that had happened in the previous day. Me reading it as soon as I had woken up led to the error.

It was therefore not Monday 7am, and the gap in your service was just the good ol' Fab56 being as reliable as ever. Noted a few SPDs on there over the past few days too - you enjoying 'em? Wink

Yes I am as it happens. Got a decker the other day, I was overjoyed.

(18 Sep 2013, 6:33 pm)aureolin Perhaps someone else has raised it because it's a logical point? I had thought the same thing when I first seen it. It's a bit like trying to sell a Metro season ticket to someone living in Washington.

Ah whey, thats makes us three of us that think that.
It took a while to find the comments busman101 was referring to (they were made on a GNE status and not the wall).

I am not sure Fyacebuk has said anything controversial either. He even stood up for Mark Ellis posting in his own time on one of the posts.
He seems like one of the good guys on there, like Leyland, Srriva and to an extent, the Cliftons and a lesser extent the sexpest that is Ken.

I'm trying to reckon up how far the uni is from Leazes underpass (probably the nearest GNE stop). The closest buildings must be at least half a mile away, with the science centre and Maiden Castle 2-3 miles minimum.

(18 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm)Andreos1 Ah whey, thats makes us three of us that think that.
It took a while to find the comments busman101 was referring to (they were made on a GNE status and not the wall).

I am not sure Fyacebuk has said anything controversial either. He even stood up for Mark Ellis posting in his own time on one of the posts.
He seems like one of the good guys on there, like Leyland, Srriva and to an extent, the Cliftons and a lesser extent the sexpest that is Ken.

I'm trying to reckon up how far the uni is from Leazes underpass (probably the nearest GNE stop). The closest buildings must be at least half a mile away, with the science centre and Maiden Castle 2-3 miles minimum.

Hello, Hello - the 20 passes University buildings on its way into Durham & the Uni have plenty of buildings in the City Centre too. Staff & students can travel free on the Arriva X2, so those travelling from further afield can change in Durham

(18 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm)busman101 Hello, Hello - the 20 passes University buildings on its way into Durham & the Uni have plenty of buildings in the City Centre too. Staff & students can travel free on the Arriva X2, so those travelling from further afield can change in Durham

Ah aye, forgot about those ones coming down from Gilesgate!
Just spotted the comments about the X1 offering free journeys too!

(18 Sep 2013, 9:06 pm)Andreos1 Ah aye, forgot about those ones coming down from Gilesgate!
Just spotted the comments about the X1 offering free journeys too!

The X1 has always been free for Uni staff & students between Durham and Stockton