North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1247)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm)W179SCU A ''Metrolink'' Solar would be practical, the right size too. When the X22 is introduced, do you think a ''Angel'' Gemini will be used?

Chester-le-Street hopefully have a little more sense! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm)Michael Could the 13/14 not run from a different depot? not sure of its locations as i'm not from the area.

No, it is the nearest depot to the 13/14 route.
But due to the location of the route, if a vehicle encounters a problem, it is difficult to drop a replacement in.
Not sure if it interworks with anything at the moment, so guessing a driver change over has to take place in Durham or elsewhere on the route.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm)Michael Could the 13/14 not run from a different depot? not sure of its locations as i'm not from the area.

From the 27th Oct changes the 14/X22 will interwork, the 13 will run standalone. This is deal the 14 reliability. As for Northern Solars, I'm not sure. I think they'll keep the service double decker for now. The northern Scanias may just be used for SPD withdrawal or for a Northern 34/34A? Chester-Le-Street operate the 13/14/X22 but not sure where driver changes occur on the 13, the 14/X22 workings will now presumably change at Chester Front Street

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm)Andreos1 No, it is the nearest depot to the 13/14 route.
But due to the location of the route, if a vehicle encounters a problem, it is difficult to drop a replacement in.
Not sure if it interworks with anything at the moment, so guessing a driver change over has to take place in Durham or elsewhere on the route.

Ah right cheers, shame

Has anyone heard any info for what routes will be based at the new depot once it opens?

Such as - will the Pulse move back over their and will any more routes be moved from different depots?

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:05 pm)Michael Ah right cheers, shame

Has anyone heard any info for what routes will be based at the new depot once it opens?

Such as - will the Pulse move back over their and will any more routes be moved from different depots?

Its a big enough job just combining Gateshead and Winlaton into one site, so when it open's whatever currently operates out Sunderland Road and Winlaton only will be at the Riverside. That is not to say in the future, different routes could not be added.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 22 Sep 2013

(21 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm)Daniel We've already had confirmation that the older Dennis MPDs are being withdrawn (up to 540 at least), so you can expect "East Durham" MPDs 501-3, 510, 519/520, 522 and 535-9 to all be withdrawn and replaced with newer Transbus MPD examples.
Other than that, I'm doubtful Peterlee will receive anything further.

The next opportunity for Solars to be freed up will be in January, when "Fab Fifty Six" receives new B9s. It is then when "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 may receive four new(er) Scanias, and the Volvos can go Northern.

Does this include the 52 reg ones on the WSS etc as from my point of view there is nothing wrong with them at all, GNE could easily run them for another year or 2 and there in much better condition than those South Tyne Cadets on the 88/88A. I think it would be better if they were Branded up Northern and split between all Depots to replace the SPD's and Plaxton Prestiges in the Fleet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm)Adam Malarkey Does this include the 52 reg ones on the WSS etc as from my point of view there is nothing wrong with them at all, GNE could easily run them for another year or 2 and there in much better condition than those South Tyne Cadets on the 88/88A. I think it would be better if they were Branded up Northern and split between all Depots to replace the SPD's and Plaxton Prestiges in the Fleet.

It does, yes.
The plan is to withdraw all MPDs with the Dennis chassis within the fleet, though 501 to 533 may be the only ones achieved this year.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:24 pm)Daniel It does, yes.
The plan is to withdraw all MPDs with the Dennis chassis within the fleet, though 501 to 533 may be the only ones achieved this year.

517 and 548 are awful - Going up the Rosehill Bank they cannot go over 15 mph!

(22 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm)citaro5284 Its a big enough job just combining Gateshead and Winlaton into one site, so when it open's whatever currently operates out Sunderland Road and Winlaton only will be at the Riverside. That is not to say in the future, different routes could not be added.

Cheer's was just wondering, wouldn't be surprised once its up and running fully - which will take about 3-6 months - i would say, they might add more routes then.

(22 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm)W179SCU 517 and 548 are awful - Going up the Rosehill Bank they cannot go over 15 mph!

That's a shame as there good little buses minus a select few from the 2000/01 Batch.

(21 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm)Daniel The next opportunity for Solars to be freed up will be in January, when "Fab Fifty Six" receives new B9s. It is then when "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 may receive four new(er) Scanias, and the Volvos can go Northern.

Here is what will be available once the Geminis come in for the Cobalt Clipper and FAB56 in January.

x15 Wright Solars - Fab56
x10 Omnicities - Cobalt Clipper
x7 Citaro's - Cobalt Clipper

So anything could happen with 32 Buses becoming available, But I do have 2 Predictions, the Omnicities to Washington for the 88/88A and the Citaros to Deptford for the X35.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 7:04 pm)Adam Malarkey Here is what will be available once the Geminis come in for the Cobalt Clipper and FAB56 in January.

x15 Wright Solars - Fab56
x10 Omnicities - Cobalt Clipper
x7 Citaro's - Cobalt Clipper

So anything could happen with 32 Buses becoming available, But I do have 2 Predictions, the Omnicities to Washington for the 88/88A and the Citaros to Deptford for the X35.

Could the Citaros not replace the Solars on the 35s?

(22 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm)BJ10VUS Could the Citaros not replace the Solars on the 35s?

Yeah they could

Would make sense if the Ciatro's from cobalt clipper went to deptford to replace the Scania's on the laser to make it fully Citaro BUT this is GNE.. haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 7:29 pm)Michael Would make sense if the Ciatro's from cobalt clipper went to deptford to replace the Scania's on the laser to make it fully Citaro BUT this is GNE.. haha

Why paint a bus out of gold to paint another one into gold. The Solar's are fine on the 35 and I cannot see that changing tbh.

(22 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm)citaro5284 Why paint a bus out of gold to paint another one into gold. The Solar's are fine on the 35 and I cannot see that changing tbh.

Maybe GNE could launch a new brand in gold for the scania's... haha XD

Na the scania's are doing great on their. =)

Wonder if we will see any new brands launched in the future with all the new buses coming in and the fleet changes happening... NOT including current/re-designs of current brands.

I know GNE have a got a lot of deliveries coming in and fleet movements will occur but I think about time GNE started looking to replace some of their vehicles fairly soon, the West Durham Swift routes need some new vehicles soon, it's daily that people complain about the reliability and use of Olympians on them services. The South Tyne services are coping dreadfully with the their cadets, your lucky to see one! The X7, albeit new, is getting a reputation of an unreliable service. Some of the MPD's are in a bad way, northern spares, yes. Regular service, no. This is where I'd like to see new vehicles soon, as a result of fleet movements and/or 2nd hand.

(22 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm)citaro5284 Why paint a bus out of gold to paint another one into gold. The Solar's are fine on the 35 and I cannot see that changing tbh.

That's why I suggested the X35, and it would be more cost effective for GNE also, pointless repainting 6 Buses when there perfectly fine on the service.

(22 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm)Adam Malarkey That's why I suggested the X35, and it would be more cost effective for GNE also, pointless repainting 6 Buses when there perfectly fine on the service.

Hmm a silver Fast cats... sounds good but i like it on the black though.

You mean like the totally pointless repaints at Percy main? It's not that unlikely to suggest that will happen. It's possibly one of the only branded service to use two vehicle types.

And nice backtracking Adam.