North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1247)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 1:08 pm)Andreos1 Two more Citaros on their way. Just overtaken them on A1 (reg ending Y and O).
They turned off at Durham services if anyone is in area and wanting photo.

Got one as I passed them

.jpg
P25-09-13_14-03[1].jpg
Size 357.44 KB / Downloads 35

.jpg
P25-09-13_14-03[2].jpg
Size 408.48 KB / Downloads 101

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 25 Sep 2013

Currently on the loudest Vyking in the world on the 26 heading towards Park Lane.. currently at Castletown

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 25 Sep 2013

Just from reading the info on here, there has been 6 Citaros already Delivered, I think all 11 will be here by Friday with ease.

The other Citaro that Andreos1 Mentioned ending in "O" I believe is BX63 BDO, Just from looking at the other Reg Plates so far. While the other as you can see from the photo is BX63 BCY.

I think we maybe seeing a little pattern developing here regarding the Reg Plates

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm)Adam Malarkey Just from reading the info on here, there has been 6 Citaros already Delivered, I think all 11 will be here by Friday with ease.

The other Citaro that Andreos1 Mentioned ending in "O" I believe is BX63 BDO, Just from looking at the other Reg Plates so far. While the other as you can see from the photo is BX63 BCY.

I think we maybe seeing a little pattern developing here regarding the Reg Plates

Forgive me, but what pattern is emerging?

BX63 BCU and BX63 BCO
BX63 BDU and BX63 BDE
BX63 BDO and BX63 BDY

I agree wouldnt be suprised to see all 11 here by Friday.
Any idea what fleet numbers they will be?
cant renember seen a post about it.

(25 Sep 2013, 2:46 pm)Michael I agree wouldnt be suprised to see all 11 here by Friday.
Any idea what fleet numbers they will be?
cant renember seen a post about it.

5358 upwards, I believe.
We've already had a 5357 (the Merc that was bought for spares).

We'll hopefully be able to match registrations to their fleet numbers soon. Smile

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 25 Sep 2013

Daniel gne should know about the destination blind it's been like this for weeks but they are choosing to ignore it

(25 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm)Daniel Forgive me, but what pattern is emerging?

BX63 BCU and BX63 BCO
BX63 BDU and BX63 BDE
BX63 BDO and BX63 BDY

If you look closely you notice it, but I will explain anyway.

BX63 BCU and BX63 BDU - Then you have BX63 BCO and BX13 BDO, So from that the difference in the Reg Plates is one Letter in the Middle being Different and the End Letter being the same.

So from that you can probably predict what the other reg plates are going to be before they even arrive.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm)Acky81 Daniel gne should know about the destination blind it's been like this for weeks but they are choosing to ignore it

Tbh Acky81 has a point slightly aggressively put, however, I'm sure Deptford will know about 8309 & 8306 (I think there's two drifter Versa's with dodgy blinds, 8309 is worse) they are just choosing to ignore it for now. Probably waiting till repaints of the Versa's when StreetLites arrive.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 25 Sep 2013

I apologise if my point was aggressive just poor standards guys

(25 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm)Acky81 Daniel gne should know about the destination blind it's been like this for weeks but they are choosing to ignore it

If it isn't noted on the defect log, how are the engineering department at the depot supposed to know about it?

(25 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm)Adam Malarkey If you look closely you notice it, but I will explain anyway.

BX63 BCU and BX63 BDU - Then you have BX63 BCO and BX13 BDO, So from that the difference in the Reg Plates is one Letter in the Middle being Different and the End Letter being the same.

So from that you can probably predict what the other reg plates are going to be before they even arrive.

I think that's completely coincidental. It's not a private registration plate, so Go North East haven't chosen what the registration number will be. Take GNE's "TEN" branded B9s for example - 6071 is registered NK62 FAA and 6072 is registered NK62 FBA, the rest of the batch doesn't follow this pattern at all.

(25 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm)Daniel I think that's completely coincidental. It's not a private registration plate, so Go North East haven't chosen what the registration number will be. Take GNE's "TEN" branded B9s for example - 6071 is registered NK62 FAA and 6072 is registered NK62 FBA, the rest of the batch doesn't follow this pattern at all.

Yeah it is probably just coincidence, but nevertheless a good spot by myself which would of went unnoticed otherwise, as for the "Ten" 6074 NK62 FDM and 6075 NK62 FDN also follow this little pattern.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 25 Sep 2013

The ''Coaster'' service 1 reliability is starting to become awful, which isn't surprising really. The Gateshead ones are perfect, but the ones extending to Wrekenton/Kibblesworth are always late.

They have been running together today, which is really annoying. For example, the 08:15 service from Churchill Street didn't turn up until just before 08:30, and it was packed, then the 08:30 came spot on time, empty Undecided I always knew extending the 1 to Wrekenton would be a bad idea, why didn't they just extend the 24 to Newcastle again?

And those Citaros for the M1 look nice Wink I do agree with Daniel on this one though about the registration plates!

(25 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm)Daniel I think that's completely coincidental. It's not a private registration plate, so Go North East haven't chosen what the registration number will be. Take GNE's "TEN" branded B9s for example - 6071 is registered NK62 FAA and 6072 is registered NK62 FBA, the rest of the batch doesn't follow this pattern at all.

When buying a new car, the purchaser is given a list of available number plates.
Obviously that list isn't unlimited and is specific to that dealer/manufacturer.

I am not 100& sure, but I am pretty certain there are no specifics about whether a registration is car, bike, truck or bus.
For example, I am aware of a number of cars with the registration Vxxx DNL.
Arriva still have a few MPD's (I think) in this series and passed on some to GNE a few years back, which didn't last long.

Ideally, GNE will want a batch of vehicles to have a sequence, but this won't always be possible.
You just need to look at the fleet list to spot the odd random plate or missing letter.

(25 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm)Daniel 5358 upwards, I believe.
We've already had a 5357 (the Merc that was bought for spares).

We'll hopefully be able to match registrations to their fleet numbers soon. Smile

Cheer's

Versa's will be 8339+?
What about the Streetlites? - what fleet number will they have?

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm)Adam Malarkey Yeah it is probably just coincidence, but nevertheless a good spot by myself which would of went unnoticed otherwise, as for the "Ten" 6074 NK62 FDM and 6075 NK62 FDN also follow this little pattern.

A good spot? Huh There's no pattern here or with the Ten. As Daniel said its just a coincidence that the batch includes BCO and BDO etc. There must be countless examples of buses in a batch carrying matching final characters in their registrations without following a prescribed sequence and this certainly doesn't enable prediction of the rest of the series to be allocated. Often it seems they just take/receive the registrations that are available in order based on the first five characters - so in this case BX63B--. There were presumably no other BX63BC- available, so they're being allocated from BX63BD- and when they run out will move on to BX63BE-. The only reason we'd see, for example, BX63BEO would be if all of the available ones in sequence before that were unavailable.

Incidentally, does anyone know why these lot have BX registrations? Have they been diverted from another intended allocation or are all of GNE new deliveries registered through Birmingham now?

(25 Sep 2013, 3:26 pm)Andreos1 When buying a new car, the purchaser is given a list of available number plates.
Obviously that list isn't unlimited and is specific to that dealer/manufacturer.

I am not 100& sure, but I am pretty certain there are no specifics about whether a registration is car, bike, truck or bus.
For example, I am aware of a number of cars with the registration Vxxx DNL.
Arriva still have a few MPD's (I think) in this series and passed on some to GNE a few years back, which didn't last long.

Ideally, GNE will want a batch of vehicles to have a sequence, but this won't always be possible.
You just need to look at the fleet list to spot the odd random plate or missing letter.

There is alot of examples on the GNE Fleetlist which I have spotted, Best example being the "Blaydon Racers" Citaros as there are all in one group with only the Last Letter being Different E.g. 5275 to 5283 are all NK07 KP* .

Another Example again is Citaros but this time the Diamond Examples which are Half and Half, E.g. 5284 to 5288 are all NK08 CF* and 5289 to 5297 are all NK08 CG*. I think maybe from I noted in my previous post that the New Citaros will be Reg Plated Half and Half just like the Diamond examples are.

So that'll mean Half will be BX63 BC* and Half BX63 BD* which is basically what I was trying to point out in my original post.

(25 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm)stagecoachbusdepot A good spot? Huh There's no pattern here or with the Ten. As Daniel said its just a coincidence that the batch includes BCO and BDO etc. There must be countless examples of buses in a batch carrying matching final characters in their registrations without following a prescribed sequence and this certainly doesn't enable prediction of the rest of the series to be allocated. Often it seems they just take/receive the registrations that are available in order based on the first five characters - so in this case BX63B--. There were presumably no other BX63BC- available, so they're being allocated from BX63BD- and when they run out will move on to BX63BE-. The only reason we'd see, for example, BX63BEO would be if all of the available ones in sequence before that were unavailable.

Incidentally, does anyone know why these lot have BX registrations? Have they been diverted from another intended allocation or are all of GNE new deliveries registered through Birmingham now?

No idea - does Coventry have its own code or is Birmingham the nearest? The Gemini's were 'North'

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm)Andreos1 No idea - does Coventry have its own code or is Birmingham the nearest? The Gemini's were 'North'

Coventry doesn't have its own - Birmingham looks to be the nearest, followed by Northampton.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 25 Sep 2013

The Local DVLA Offices are closing over the next few months, as such most operators have moved to having new vehicles registered by the manfactors or dealer - Evobus the Mecredes-Benz dealer is based in Coventry hence the 'BX' regs on the Citaros.