North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm)busmanT I don't think there is a plan to replace all the Olympians before January, and if the 15 year life for a bus that GNE usually work to is still right then the Trident still have a couple of years at least to go.

Not before January, but I was under the impression that the Cobalt B9s were expected to go into service at some point in January? This is when cascades will allow all SPDs and Olympians to be withdrawn.
Of course, I'm guessing plans have changed for the Olys, if the Whey Aye Solars aren't destined to replace them any longer?

As for the Lolynes, I guess we also have to consider that the vehicles are not DDA compliant - unless there is a role (ie scholars) that they can still perform?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Nov 2013

Can't remember if it has been mentioned amongst everything else, but Saltwell Park Versas appear to be unbranded or in the process of

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 16 Nov 2013

Dragging back to debate on Boxing Day. I think the provision of festive and new year services are appalling.

These drivers are in a service industry. They know what they signed up for and they are paid well for it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 16 Nov 2013

Daniel, Liam, Can we have a separate area to discuss anything about boxing day or Xmas holiday bus services please as im starting to yawn

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm)cbma06 Daniel, Liam, Can we have a separate area to discuss anything about boxing day or Xmas holiday bus services please as im starting to yawn

There is a thread about it with limited posts on the chat and discussion areas, but I hate all this wrong thread stuff it's about GNE's provisions of Boxing Day services why not discuss them here?

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm)gtomlinson Dragging back to debate on Boxing Day. I think the provision of festive and new year services are appalling.

These drivers are in a service industry. They know what they signed up for and they are paid well for it.

There's an alternative way to look at Boxing Day services and that's not to do any at all, as some operators don't do anything & not reading any moans in the Arriva section !

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm)busman101 There's an alternative way to look at Boxing Day services and that's not to do any at all, as some operators don't do anything & not reading any moans in the Arriva section !

Just had a big groan and moan in there - just for you busman :p

(16 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm)busman101 There's an alternative way to look at Boxing Day services and that's not to do any at all, as some operators don't do anything & not reading any moans in the Arriva section !

If people don't want to read certain posts then simply skip them. It's hardly enforced reading isn't it?

As for Arriva, well busman, Arriva's attitude is frankly appalling in 2013.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 11:53 am)Michael How many CityLink Versa's are in service now?

There was 2 out Yesterday, They were 5378/79, The Rest should out on Monday

Olympian 3833 has been transferred to Stanley from Gateshead.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Nov 2013

And the alternative way to look at that is that your suggestion stinks of the "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" attitude. Go North East may do the most out of operators up here, but it's still not meeting the demand of the public. You are still a service aren't you?

All these Saturday and Sunday services on normal working days don't help either, when people have to start work at 7am or 8am for example.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Nov 2013

And the alternative way to look at that is that your suggestion stinks of the "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" attitude. Go North East may do the most out of operators up here, but it's still not meeting the demand of the public. You are still a service aren't you?

All these Saturday and Sunday services on normal working days don't help either, when people have to start work at 7am or 8am for example.

Washington Street Shuttles - chrisnorthern - 16 Nov 2013

Can anyone advise the current paint status of 569 please? I've done a quick search of recent posts and seen the details for 566-8 and 570 but not found anything for 569. Is it still in WSS livery?
Thanks if you can help[/size][/font]

(16 Nov 2013, 4:24 pm)chrisnorthern Can anyone advise the current paint status of 569 please? I've done a quick search of recent posts and seen the details for 566-8 and 570 but not found anything for 569. Is it still in WSS livery?
Thanks if you can help[/size][/font]

Green. Will be heading to Percy Main tomorrow all being well, but an engineer told me that it wasn't feeling too well so wasn't out in service today. Think it's been off for a couple of days now, in fact.

Has anyone been noting the Lumiere stuff? I was there last night but was several bottles worse for the wear to do it

(16 Nov 2013, 4:46 pm)gtomlinson Has anyone been noting the Lumiere stuff? I was there last night but was several bottles worse for the wear to do it

3865, 6040, 6036, 3868, 3983, 3879 present today.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 16 Nov 2013

2 Notes from Yesterday Evening

I was the 18:10pm X1 Last Night from Newcastle back to Washington and the X3 was on the Stand in Eldon Square also, and there were only 3 Passengers on Board. How is this Journey let alone the X3 itself a Viable route for GNE.

The other note was for Wheyaye50 Scania 4926 which was running late and left the Galleries at 7pm heading as far Chester le Street, I think a Engineer needs to take a look at this Bus as not only did sound worse for ware and smelt smokey inside, worse than a SPD I would say, the Brakes were also rather squealy.

(16 Nov 2013, 5:44 pm)Adam Malarkey 2 Notes from Yesterday Evening

I was the 18:10pm X1 Last Night from Newcastle back to Washington and the X3 was on the Stand in Eldon Square also, and there were only 3 Passengers on Board. How is this Journey let alone the X3 itself a Viable route for GNE.

The other note was for Wheyaye50 Scania 4926 which was running late and left the Galleries at 7pm heading as far Chester le Street, I think a Engineer needs to take a look at this Bus as not only did sound worse for ware and smelt smokey inside, worse than a SPD I would say, the Brakes were also rather squealy.

I could ask the same about services such as the M2/M3. On many occasions I've seen those services running with very few passenger numbers - at peaks and non-peaks.
I used to use that X3 journey daily in the summer, and it was always quite full. With it being winter now, I don't use it anymore. I wonder if others are the same? Cold, dark nights... I don't want to be out in Newcastle at that time, returning to Sunderland!

I'm sure Go North East know what they're doing - if any journeys were so bad that they were making a loss, they wouldn't exist.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 16 Nov 2013

Saw 5259 on the 1 today. It's carrying an identical blue base coat to the Coasters & Drifters

(16 Nov 2013, 5:56 pm)Adam Saw 5259 on the 1 today. It's carrying an identical blue base coat to the Coasters & Drifters

So much so, I actually mistook it for a Coaster that hadn't been branded yet...until I realised how thick I was being. Tongue
Might be able to get a photo on for you all tonight, but if I don't, I'm sure someone else will put one on Flickr.