North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm)Dan I could ask the same about services such as the M2/M3. On many occasions I've seen those services running with very few passenger numbers - at peaks and non-peaks.
I used to use that X3 journey daily in the summer, and it was always quite full. With it being winter now, I don't use it anymore. I wonder if others are the same? Cold, dark nights... I don't want to be out in Newcastle at that time, returning to Sunderland!

I'm sure Go North East know what they're doing - if any journeys were so bad that they were making a loss, they wouldn't exist.

M2/M3 varies throughout the Day though, as I use it daily some journey will be packed and some won't while others might run empty, the main influx in Passenger is between Washington Galleries and Birtley without doubt, Passenger Numbers between Washington and Heworth pale in comparison.

As for the X3 I have rarely seen it packed to be honest and it's the same with the X36, and it doesn't whether I am standing taking photos at Park Lane - Heworth - Gateshead or Newcastle either, Passenger Number are still low in my opinion, Maybe GNE should consider using the Newcastle to Sunderland via Washington Corridor again as it was very well used before they chopped it in the place of the 2A/2C and the X1 Every 10 Minutes.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm)Dan I could ask the same about services such as the M2/M3. On many occasions I've seen those services running with very few passenger numbers - at peaks and non-peaks.
I used to use that X3 journey daily in the summer, and it was always quite full. With it being winter now, I don't use it anymore. I wonder if others are the same? Cold, dark nights... I don't want to be out in Newcastle at that time, returning to Sunderland!

I'm sure Go North East know what they're doing - if any journeys were so bad that they were making a loss, they wouldn't exist.

Do you think different services have different tolerance levels - depending on their length, duration, percieved importance and maybe if there is any competition on the route?

I have been on an x1 from Newcastle several times (at different times of the day) and it emptied on hitting the Galleries - carrying me, another few passengers and fresh air.
However, it always seems to pick up a decent load between Shiney Row and Hetton for passengers travelling locally.
The 21 is similar beyond Low Fell/Harlow Green.

My personal thoughts, are that an express service, linking the only two cities within Tyne & Wear during rush hour, that x3 should be busy.
However, that bus may have picked up passengers further into the journey travelling into Sunderland - thus making it viable.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm)Adam Malarkey M2/M3 varies throughout the Day though, as I use it daily some journey will be packed and some won't while others might run empty, the main influx in Passenger is between Washington Galleries and Birtley without doubt, Passenger Numbers between Washington and Heworth pale in comparison.

As for the X3 I have rarely seen it packed to be honest and it's the same with the X36, and it doesn't whether I am standing taking photos at Park Lane - Heworth - Gateshead or Newcastle either, Passenger Number are still low in my opinion, Maybe GNE should consider using the Newcastle to Sunderland via Washington Corridor again as it was very well used before they chopped it in the place of the 2A/2C and the X1 Every 10 Minutes.

Barmston to Washington Galleries and back? It's always packed throughout the day.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 16 Nov 2013

I think every bus is the same in the respect that it will have its busier times and its quieter times so you cant really say a bus is a failure, the same goes for the 58 i think versa suit the route well and despite what many people think i think that it is well used along the Hadrian park - Newcastle side, the versas are perfect because they are better for when it quietens down, however i think that if they keep a couple of the newer bendies and repaint them orange and keep them as peak time spares for times when gne know the route is at its busiest

RE: Go North East - Latest - thetravelman - 16 Nov 2013

What is happening with the Merc bendies when they come off 58. Are they going to be used on other routes or scapped/sold. Are the bendies on X66 staying?

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm)thetravelman What is happening with the Merc bendies when they come off 58. Are they going to be used on other routes or scapped/sold. Are the bendies on X66 staying?

The Citaro bendies on the X66 and Scania bendies on the X40 are staying, for at least the near-future. Think the 'Citylink' ones are being sold?

RE: Go North East - Latest - atlantean542 - 16 Nov 2013

Going back briefly to the thread about Boxing Day, I have just uploaded a few photos of buses running around in 2004 when it was more interesting - Stagecoach, Classic Buses, Stanley Buses and Low Fell Travel all running around on Go North East services.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99435494@N02/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Mark1 - 16 Nov 2013

How does the arrangement with Go North East and Nexus work with the use of Buzzfares etc on things like the Arriva operated M2?

Do GNE pay Nexus everytime one of their tickets are used or do Nexus allow the use of these out of convenience to passengers with Nexus losing out on the equivalent fare.

Either way it is still a sensible idea.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm)atlantean542 Going back briefly to the thread about Boxing Day, I have just uploaded a few photos of buses running around in 2004 when it was more interesting - Stagecoach, Classic Buses, Stanley Buses and Low Fell Travel all running around on Go North East services.

Some great photos there and some decent vehicles too.

Never knew about the 194 and it being operated by Stagecoach on Boxing Day 2004 either.
Mind, the lass I was seeing at the time made sure my attention was elsewhere *coughs* that Christmas.

RE: Go North East - Latest - atlantean542 - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 8:54 pm)andreos1 Some great photos there and some decent vehicles too.

Never knew about the 194 and it being operated by Stagecoach on Boxing Day 2004 either.
Mind, the lass I was seeing at the time made sure my attention was elsewhere *coughs* that Christmas.

If I remember correctly that was a good year for different buses/operators on routes but with buses only running between 10:00-17:00 couldn't get around to more places to get photos

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 16 Nov 2013

Sure I remember Tyneside Travel running the 21

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm)atlantean542 Going back briefly to the thread about Boxing Day, I have just uploaded a few photos of buses running around in 2004 when it was more interesting - Stagecoach, Classic Buses, Stanley Buses and Low Fell Travel all running around on Go North East services.

Cracking photos. Even the DAFs look smart. Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 17 Nov 2013

2004 was the last time I travelled around on buses on a boxing day. Only other time I did it was 2002 IIRC where Classic had a Leyland National out.

Go North East didn't run on Boxing day in 2003 or 2004. (Can't remember if they did 2005)

Got a few photos from that day. No idea when they be uploaded to flickr.

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 17 Nov 2013

can anyone give me the link to the gne yahoo group

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 17 Nov 2013

(16 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm)aureolin And the alternative way to look at that is that your suggestion stinks of the "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" attitude. Go North East may do the most out of operators up here, but it's still not meeting the demand of the public. You are still a service aren't you?

All these Saturday and Sunday services on normal working days don't help either, when people have to start work at 7am or 8am for example.

I think you've got that one completely wrong as the comment stinks of nothing, other than to say that another operator isn't running anything on Boxing Day - at times people need to remember that buses are a business and you have to cover your costs of operation.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Nov 2013

Nexus have uploaded the times for the RM1 and RM2.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/RM001-RM002-GNE-251113.doc

Mine seems to be opening in Microsoft word for some random reason..

Can anyone give me a list of buses which needs repainting? Please

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 11:46 am)Michael Nexus have uploaded the times for the RM1 and RM2.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/RM001-RM002-GNE-251113.doc

Mine seems to be opening in Microsoft word for some random reason..

Can anyone give me a list of buses which needs repainting? Please

cobalt omni & citaro, all 54 reg solar from 56, presidents from X21, Saltwell park versa, STyne SB120, whey aye solars. Don't know if they keeping 57 reg citaro from citylink. Aren't the 54 reg citaro going in as part exchange for streetlites?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm)JP6004 cobalt omni & citaro, all 54 reg solar from 56, presidents from X21, Saltwell park versa, STyne SB120, whey aye solars. Don't know if they keeping 57 reg citaro from citylink. Aren't the 54 reg citaro going in as part exchange for streetlites?

Cheers, that's alot of paint.

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 12:59 pm)Michael Cheers, that's alot of paint.

Yea deffo. They can come do my bedroom afterward haha. No doubt other MPD and few other omni will go northern too. Hope they paint omni with the same blue paint with silvery glitter like they did with the solars. Sparkle sparkle Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm)JP6004 Yea deffo. They can come do my bedroom afterward haha. No doubt other MPD and few other omni will go northern too. Hope they paint omni with the same blue paint with silvery glitter like they did with the solars. Sparkle sparkle Big Grin

I'd love to see 5201-5210 on the 17.