North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 03 Nov 2013

Had a thought about the next stop systems when I was on the Connections 4 earlier. Would it not be a good idea to indicate which BuzzFare zone you're in when the stops are listed on the screen? Or more importantly, to indicate when the BuzzFare zone border is the next stop?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm)aureolin Had a thought about the next stop systems when I was on the Connections 4 earlier. Would it not be a good idea to indicate which BuzzFare zone you're in when the stops are listed on the screen? Or more importantly, to indicate when the BuzzFare zone border is the next stop?

I agree that would be helpful alot.

RE: Go North East - Latest - atlantean542 - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm)BJ10VUS The B10BLEs weren't given internal branding when they were 'Crusader' branded either.

Laser Citaro 5305 has had all internal barnding removed aswell

RE: Go North East - Latest - atlantean542 - 03 Nov 2013

Does anyone know if 58 bendi 5349 is one of the dead ones at Sunderland Road.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm)aureolin Had a thought about the next stop systems when I was on the Connections 4 earlier. Would it not be a good idea to indicate which BuzzFare zone you're in when the stops are listed on the screen? Or more importantly, to indicate when the BuzzFare zone border is the next stop?

It's like you've completely read my mind I though exactly the same. Something along the lines of 'The next stop is Shiney Row Wheatcheaf. Red Zone Buzzfare Passenger should alight here' and similarly with the 60 announcements something along the lines 'The next stop is Ryhope Hospitals. Sunderland Day or Weekly Saver passengers should alight here or pay appropriate fare from this point'.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 6:06 pm)atlantean542 Laser Citaro 5305 has had all internal barnding removed aswell

Have any idea why?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 6:09 pm)CatsFast101 It's like you've completely read my mind I though exactly the same. Something along the lines of 'The next stop is Shiney Row Wheatcheaf. Red Zone Buzzfare Passenger should alight here' and similarly with the 60 announcements something along the lines 'The next stop is Ryhope Hospitals. Sunderland Day or Weekly Saver passengers should alight here or pay appropriate fare from this point'.

Liked the idea when I first glanced over the post, but reading into it... Surely a passenger needs to know the zonal structure when buying their ticket, rather than when alighting?
If I'm on the 56 and buy a Red Zone, I should know where the boundary is when purchasing the Red Zone...

(03 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm)Dan Liked the idea when I first glanced over the post, but reading into it... Surely a passenger needs to know the zonal structure when buying their ticket, rather than when alighting?
If I'm on the 56 and buy a Red Zone, I should know where the boundary is when purchasing the Red Zone...

You should yes, but I've lost count the amount of times on a 202/X35 someone has bought a red zone ticket and went past the boundary into South Hetton. I'm sure this isn't the only boundary issues. I mean you could limit it to Buzzfare only as town/city savers are often straight forward but not always. A lot of people get on the bus and ask for a day Ticket and drivers issue the wrong one, for instance a few month back on a 202 someone got in at Woods Terrace, Murton and asked for a day ticket to Peterlee and a driver issued a Red Zone Buzzfare he obviously needed a Turquoise & Red Buzzfare or East Durham Day Saver. So announcements could help passengers. I mean it could also help in fare evasion if some voice 'tells you off' you're more likely to get off as its as if the driver is watching you, so I think it could help that way too.

(03 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm)Michael Have any idea why?

Strange. As it been to Saltmeadows recently for repairs? Does anyone know. I can only assume that interior branding is been axed and 5305 has had it removed while its been at Saltmeadows as a rule of thumb to kind of 'do it while its there' or Deptford have begun removing it starting randomly with 5305. I can't see 5305 been took off laser duties.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 03 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm)Dan Liked the idea when I first glanced over the post, but reading into it... Surely a passenger needs to know the zonal structure when buying their ticket, rather than when alighting?

You'd think so but a lot of people don't. I remember years ago aI find people just get on asking for a 'day ticket' on a daily basis, and look completely baffled when they're given 5 or 6 different options. Unless you're a regular travel the system is confusing.

I'd say visual representations would increase awareness. In Glasgow, all the stops have the zone numbers on them. Tyne and Wear used to have this in the PTE days iirc.

(03 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm)CatsFast101 You should yes, but I've lost count the amount of times on a 202/X35 someone has bought a red zone ticket and went past the boundary into South Hetton.

This happens quite often in Penshaw too. People quite often think they can get to the next stop up the bank on a purple buzzfare ticket.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 03 Nov 2013

A good idea that one

RE: Go North East: Rare and odd workings - Dan - 04 Nov 2013

It would seem Saltmeadows must be pushed for space... At leadt four "Drifter" branded Streetlites have now arrived at the contrastingly larger sized Deptford depot.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 04 Nov 2013

(04 Nov 2013, 7:20 am)Dan It would seem Saltmeadows must be pushed for space... At leadt four "Drifter" branded Streetlites have now arrived at the contrastingly larger sized Deptford depot.

That's good we should see one of them out this week for the drivers.. tbh do they really need it?

They know how to pull away and stop,how to use the ticket machine and the lo-liner part of the bus...

5325 has a chip in its windscreen at the bottom amd it looks to of chipped upwards when its happened

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 04 Nov 2013

(03 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm)CatsFast101 Strange. As it been to Saltmeadows recently for repairs? Does anyone know. I can only assume that interior branding is been axed and 5305 has had it removed while its been at Saltmeadows as a rule of thumb to kind of 'do it while its there' or Deptford have begun removing it starting randomly with 5305. I can't see 5305 been took off laser duties.

It probably because laser has old branding and route info internally

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 04 Nov 2013

East Durham broken down, Colliery Inn, Murton...it is 536 or 538...not the best picture

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 04 Nov 2013

(04 Nov 2013, 7:44 am)Michael That's good we should see one of them out this week for the drivers.. tbh do they really need it?

They know how to pull away and stop,how to use the ticket machine and the lo-liner part of the bus...

I understand where you're coming from, but despite not being a driver myself, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 04 Nov 2013

(04 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm)BJ10VUS I understand where you're coming from, but despite not being a driver myself, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Certainly is, considering there's various differences between manufactures models and even between the same model over even a few months (Arriva's drivers at Stockton had to be trained on the Pulsars delivered in 2011 as they had a few minor differences in the dashboard layout compared to those delivered just 18 months earlier).

Ah ye didnt think about that

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 04 Nov 2013

(04 Nov 2013, 7:44 am)Michael That's good we should see one of them out this week for the drivers.. tbh do they really need it?

Hopefully there will one out and about on Thursday when I'm in Sunderland