North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 7:37 am)Michael Have u seen it yet?, if so how does it look?

I've not, no. Have just been told that it is now branded after arriving at Saltmeadows for about 5pm last night - will be appearing at Hexham for 10:30am, if anyone wants to track it down for a photo..! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 7:40 am)Dan I've not, no. Have just been told that it is now branded after arriving at Saltmeadows for about 5pm last night - will be appearing at Hexham for 10:30am, if anyone wants to track it down for a photo..! Tongue

=), hopefully it looks good!

Has anymore Streetlites arrived for Saltwell Park?
How many Citylink Versa's are here?

(05 Nov 2013, 7:45 am)Michael =), hopefully it looks good!

Has anymore Streetlites arrived for Saltwell Park?
How many Citylink Versa's are here?

All Streetlites have arrived.
As for the Versas - couldn't tell you (I've not graced the depot with my presence for a number of weeks now!)
I'd assume 2 per day every weekday, so if you can remember which day I put on the photo of the branded Citylink Versa @ SMR, your guess will be pretty good.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 7:51 am)Dan All Streetlites have arrived.
As for the Versas - couldn't tell you (I've not graced the depot with my presence for a number of weeks now!)
I'd assume 2 per day every weekday, so if you can remember which day I put on the photo of the branded Citylink Versa @ SMR, your guess will be pretty good.

Thanks, everything seem's to becoming at once, can't keep up

haha it's not even 8am yet and you asking me to remember :p

Edit -

Liam said on 10-30-2013 - First 2 have arrived.

First day light picture on here was 11-01-2013 @ 12:22 PM

So if its 2 a day, maybe around 6 is here?

Can i ask why is the date is the american way

myBB forum software is American. Positive there's something to change the date format in settings though, so I shall rake around tonight.

Attached is a Drifter poster, on board 8323.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 8:41 am)Dan myBB forum software is American. Positive there's something to change the date format in settings though, so I shall rake around tonight.

Attached is a Drifter poster, on board 8323.

These were on board 8323/8307 yesterday too. I must say I think it is misleading to have those posters on 8320-8324 which are allocated to 'Drifter' 61. A lot of people are under the impression the 61 is getting new buses, completely misleading.

Also forgot to say at the time, but it appears some vehicles have the blinds reprogrammed for the 60. Centenary Versa 8319 was on 60's on Friday and the number had a blue background.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 10:26 am)CatsFast101 Also forgot to say at the time, but it appears some vehicles have the blinds reprogrammed for the 60. Centenary Versa 8319 was on 60's on Friday and the number had a blue background.

Correct, however the new vehicles do not have a coloured route number, but just in case something else goes onto it, they were changed.

3964 in Children in Need livery. Another amazeballs #NEBExculsive brought you to by the champion that is Liam! Tongue

.jpg
SAM_0436.JPG
Size 538.17 KB / Downloads 79
.jpg
SAM_0435.JPG
Size 533.97 KB / Downloads 64

(05 Nov 2013, 10:28 am)citaro5284 Correct, however the new vehicles do not have a coloured route number, but just in case something else goes onto it, they were changed.

The Versa's on the 60 don't have a coloured number, but the 61 did have a green coloured number when the simplicity Versa's were first allocated.

Also was there a breakdown on the 61 yesterday? Don't know what happen but there appeared be lots of problems with the service from morning to afternoon. It appeared that a bus may have broke down and not replaced, the 3:47 bus from Sunderland hadn't arrived by the time I left Park Lane at 3:52 on the 60. And it's due in at 3:38. Early on a friend messaged Go North East as she had to wait at Murton 35 minutes for a bus and then a noticed a post on twitter also complaining about a bus not turning up at all and having to wait for the next service. The 60 didn't seem to be delayed and I can't imagine nothing between Seaham & Murton causing such problems.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 05 Nov 2013

Broken down 20 Durham bound in the Carville/Belmont area.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 10:53 am)Dan 3964 in Children in Need livery.

Go North East takes Pudsey on tour

Pudsey Bear will be touring the region next week (11 – 15 November) with BBC weather presenters raising cash for this year’s Children in Need appeal - and we've supplied him with his very own bus that will be taking him to venues all over the North East and Cumbria.

The Pudsey bus will be in Durham Market Place on Tuesday 12 November and at Middlesbrough’s Captain Cook shopping centre on Wednesday 13 November, before playing host to Pudsey’s Party on Friday 15 November.

See http://ow.ly/qvMfi for more information.

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 4:00 pm)Adam Malarkey Go North East takes Pudsey on tour

Pudsey Bear will be touring the region next week (11 – 15 November) with BBC weather presenters raising cash for this year’s Children in Need appeal - and we've supplied him with his very own bus that will be taking him to venues all over the North East and Cumbria.

The Pudsey bus will be in Durham Market Place on Tuesday 12 November and at Middlesbrough’s Captain Cook shopping centre on Wednesday 13 November, before playing host to Pudsey’s Party on Friday 15 November.

See http://ow.ly/qvMfi for more information.

A weeny bit adventurous considering the reliability on 3964...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 05 Nov 2013

Looks all right actually - Will 3964 retain the livery after the 15th November?

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 4:14 pm)Tom Looks all right actually - Will 3964 retain the livery after the 15th November?

I wouldn't have thought so. Probably a bit afterwards, until its summoned back to change its outfit again...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm)mattdw92 A weeny bit adventurous considering the reliability on 3964...

It seems to have improved in recent time - it did manage 2 whole trips on the X10 back in early August on a day when you were lucky if one turned up at all!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 05 Nov 2013

Annoyingly I'm working every weekday next week, unless I go to Durham on the Tuesday before I head to work later in the day.

(05 Nov 2013, 4:27 pm)Kuyoyo It seems to have improved in recent time - it did manage 2 whole trips on the X10 back in early August on a day when you were lucky if one turned up at all!

Indeed. I believe it was fixed, but how well it was 'fixed', I'd not like to say.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 05 Nov 2013

Just been looking through GNE's Facebook Photos and I have I noticed atleast 3 of the Versas are Branded for Citylink already and GNE have already updated the Citylink Page on Simplygo.com, Depsite GNE saying New Buses Coming Soon on both Pages. Could GNE be Targeting a Launch Date of the 17th November alongside the Saltwell Park or Perhaps earlier.

Confirmed Citylink Reg Plates - NL63 YAA and NL63 YAE from the Photos shown Below, Has any others been Confirmed that I may missed on another Post.

Saltwell Park Page has also been Updated minus the Logo on the Main Page and non of them seem to be Branded yet, that'll most likely happen over the course of the Next Week, The Drifter Page has also been Updated.

Citylink Versas
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153428596620710.1073741828.215880875709&type=3

Citylink Page - Simplygo.com - Note has has the Updated Logo on the Main Page Also
http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/citylink