North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm)Michael Dan have you found out if Deptford are loosing their decker's with the 2 spare B9's coming in? (would say 6020 will stop).

I'm really not sure on that, but I'd imagine the sensible option would be to transfer them elsewhere to withdraw Olympians as they won't be needed at Deptford.

(04 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm)Michael Can i ask about the Blaydon Racers changes,

Their changes ---
Service 49B will be revised to operate via Parkhead Estate in Winlaton, to replace service 49A, and will increase to operate every 20 minutes.
Service 49 will also increase to operate every 20 minutes, improving the frequency of the service in Winlaton.
49/49B will continue to provide a bus every 10 minutes between Blaydon, Metrocentre and Gateshead on Monday-Saturday daytimes.

Does that mean only the 49/49B/49C will operate? - with adding the extra citaro to the PVR?

Looks that way, yeah.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm)Dan I'm really not sure on that, but I'd imagine the sensible option would be to transfer them elsewhere to withdraw Olympians as they won't be needed at Deptford.

Looks that way, yeah.

Would be a sensible idea - least then a different depot can suffer.

It also look's like the 26 won't require them no more either with it changing the 29 and not heading to Jarrow

I don't see Gateshead or Winlaton getting them - with them going in to 1 depot, that might see the last 3 Olympians from Gateshead withdrawn.

Percy main will loose a few due to the B9's

Stanley could really could benefit them as theirs 13 their.... how would they cope on the X30/X31/X70/X71 though and they can't be used on the Lime.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm)Michael Would be a sensible idea - least then a different depot can suffer.

It also look's like the 26 won't require them no more either with it changing the 29 and not heading to Jarrow

I don't see Gateshead or Winlaton getting them - with them going in to 1 depot, that might see the last 3 Olympians from Gateshead withdrawn.

Stanley could really could benefit them as theirs 13 their.... how would they cope on the X30/X31/X70/X71 though and they can't be used on the Lime.

As long as 3814 goes, im not bothered what replaces it!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm)northtynelinks2 As long as 3814 goes, im not bothered what replaces it!

What's wrong with 3814?!

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)Dan 6098 - a problem with the gears.
5209 was also out of service near Hylton Castle.

A Vyking and a new B9 were in hot pursuit of those two vehicles - was quite odd seeing four 56s (although two out of service) in a row all bound for Newcastle!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. You're slightly mistaken four in a row is normal, when you see one on its own you panic in case it dies of loneliness, hahahahahaah.

RE: Go North East - Latest - minibus1474 - 04 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm)Michael Would be a sensible idea - least then a different depot can suffer.

Deckers on 26 operate to St Josephs RC in Hebburn, which require deckers. With the 29 terminating at Boldon, and short 9 to Jarrow, deckers could still be used on them then run light to St Josephs.

I don't think new B9's would be used on Scholars run, as they have been purchased as backup for mainline services 56/309/310.

Probably have to wait until Pronto allocation is resolved to see spare deckers released to withdraw Olympians.

Also the capacity of B7's 6008-6042 may be problem and some contracts are specific.

Due to the Vykings being poor on hills, i'd send those at Riverside depot to Percy Main, in exchange for Tridents, as Rosehill is the only problem in N Tyneside. Most tridents are better on hills.

(04 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm)benwell3031 Deckers on 26 operate to St Josephs RC in Hebburn, which require deckers. With the 29 terminating at Boldon, and short 9 to Jarrow, deckers could still be used on them then run light to St Josephs.

I don't think new B9's would be used on Scholars run, as they have been purchased as backup for mainline services 56/309/310.

Probably have to wait until Pronto allocation is resolved to see spare deckers released to withdraw Olympians.

Also the capacity of B7's 6008-6042 may be problem and some contracts are specific.

Due to the Vykings being poor on hills, i'd send those at Riverside depot to Percy Main, in exchange for Tridents, as Rosehill is the only problem in N Tyneside. Most tridents are better on hills.

The 9 will probleys need a decker during the school runs, the new B9's will be used on other services but dont think for the school runs.

The Vykings could end up anywhere but they struggle on a stright road, can't wait for them to be withdrawn,which has to be soon?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 04 Jan 2014

3821 wasn't sounding very healthy today (photo here

Also, 4856 seems to have a different blind today (photo here)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 04 Jan 2014

Must admit, I have a feeling a decker or two from the old stock will be in service at Deptford for a while - even after the introduction of all of Gemini's.

Whether this will be Vykings or deckers from another depot, I am not sure.

(04 Jan 2014, 11:20 pm)andreos1 Must admit, I have a feeling a decker or two from the old stock will be in service at Deptford for a while - even after the introduction of all of Gemini's.

Whether this will be Vykings or deckers from another depot, I am not sure.

Must be noted that the 99, when service changes occur later this month, does not operate 'school day only' services. That's one scholar less, unless it's being worked off another service or indeed a different depot.

Of course contract specs can change too... May be no need for a double decked allocation on whatever scholar was mentioned earlier. That would allow all Vykings to go from D'ford.

(04 Jan 2014, 11:32 pm)Dan Must be noted that the 99, when service changes occur later this month, does not operate 'school day only' services. That's one scholar less, unless it's being worked off another service or indeed a different depot.

Of course contract specs can change too... May be no need for a double decked allocation on whatever scholar was mentioned earlier. That would allow all Vykings to go from D'ford.

Ah ye forgot about the 99 will run fully during the day from the 26th
Wonder if a bigger bus will be allocated on the 99 then for a school run, with timings also changing, means it might be timed for a school run, If not a local schooll it means it can just run with MPD's.

(04 Jan 2014, 11:42 pm)Michael Ah ye forgot about the 99 will run fully during the day from the 26th
Wonder if a bigger bus will be allocated on the 99 then for a school run, with timings also changing, means it might be timed for a school run, If not a local schooll it means it can just run with MPD's.

At present I believe it runs light from Southwick back to Deptford to pick up a double decker (often 6020 I think?) but if it's going to be a full service all afternoon rather than the driver dropping off service to go back to the depot, I'd guess it means that scholar is being dropped from the 99 board.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 11:44 pm)Dan At present I believe it runs light from Southwick back to Deptford to pick up a double decker (often 6020 I think?) but if it's going to be a full service all afternoon rather than the driver dropping off service to go back to the depot, I'd guess it means that scholar is being dropped from the 99 board.

Looks that way, hopefully a different service doesnt pick it up, it may also get its own bus, might even get ran by a cadet

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 11:44 pm)Dan At present I believe it runs light from Southwick back to Deptford to pick up a double decker (often 6020 I think?) but if it's going to be a full service all afternoon rather than the driver dropping off service to go back to the depot, I'd guess it means that scholar is being dropped from the 99 board.

I'd always wondered if the 99 went of to do the 877 scholar round Seaham when the changes happened in March? The morning journey used to be worked onto the 65 but when the 65 become the 265, but no really sure what operates that now with a yellow/East Durham MPD been the afternoon allocation. I'm not sure where the MPD works off and I know it isn't the 238 as there's no room in the timetable, the only option I saw was the 99; as I don't think Deptford have a spare MPD daily. A Nexus solo SR, was on the afternoon journeys some point during the summer.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 11:32 pm)Dan Must be noted that the 99, when service changes occur later this month, does not operate 'school day only' services. That's one scholar less, unless it's being worked off another service or indeed a different depot.

You are right, there may be no need for a decker on scholars work, but if a spare Gemini is away covering a 39 (which is liable to happen) or even VOR, another decker or two of the old school variety would be handy kept in reserve, just to keep the 56 a two floor operation.

It would be very shortsighted to rely on the new Gemini's for all of Deptfords decker allocation.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 05 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 12:47 am)CatsFast101 I'd always wondered if the 99 went of to do the 877 scholar round Seaham when the changes happened in March? The morning journey used to be worked onto the 65 but when the 65 become the 265, but no really sure what operates that now with a yellow/East Durham MPD been the afternoon allocation. I'm not sure where the MPD works off and I know it isn't the 238 as there's no room in the timetable, the only option I saw was the 99; as I don't think Deptford have a spare MPD daily. A Nexus solo SR, was on the afternoon journeys some point during the summer.

They had a spare prior to 540(?) moving to Deptford, and that was 506.
I believe they still have a spare MPD now, in fact, as they have three East Durham examples for a PVR of 2?, and 544/547/560, again for a PVR of 2 on the 99.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 05 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 7:45 am)andreos1 You are right, there may be no need for a decker on scholars work, but if a spare Gemini is away covering a 39 (which is liable to happen) or even VOR, another decker or two of the old school variety would be handy kept in reserve, just to keep the 56 a two floor operation.

It would be very shortsighted to rely on the new Gemini's for all of Deptfords decker allocation.

Which is why I've suggested 6020 will be retained for that purpose, rather than Vykings, which, in my opinion, struggle on hills more than the elder President. Tongue

It could be that Deptford will just run the scholars off another service and the driver will have to go back to the depot to pick up the Vyking. If Deptford do retain one or two Vykings, they shouldn't see operational service, but would be limited to scholars.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm)Tom What's wrong with 3814?!

Whats wrong with it? If you managed to get it on X30/X31 you'd see why, going up Maiden Law bank like at 5mph. It actually comes to a standstill!

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm)benwell3031 Deckers on 26 operate to St Josephs RC in Hebburn, which require deckers. With the 29 terminating at Boldon, and short 9 to Jarrow, deckers could still be used on them then run light to St Josephs.

one does the 816 for st wilfrids (my school) which runs off 26 and always ends up late back on 26 as there isn't enough time given

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 05 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 8:26 am)Dan Which is why I've suggested 6020 will be retained for that purpose, rather than Vykings, which, in my opinion, struggle on hills more than the elder President. Tongue

It could be that Deptford will just run the scholars off another service and the driver will have to go back to the depot to pick up the Vyking. If Deptford do retain one or two Vykings, they shouldn't see operational service, but would be limited to scholars.

It could just run as a stand alone or the timetable will be changed to inter work with the school timings? - because it says on the changes -

Most journeys are retimed by around 10 minutes.
-----------
If anyone out and about today, will you let me know if any of the FAB 56 decker's are out?