North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 11:46 am)citaro5284 But was that not where the public said they needed a bus....hence why money was put into operating a service by Nexus and GNE?

A bus which serves their needs, going to Heworth, Gateshead Interchange etc or a bus which bypasses popular areas and skirts Newcastle inc places where queues of people are standing for a 27 or the first bus back to Hebburn?

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 10 Jan 2014

8300 is out on 88 /88A today following its re-paint in to lilac.

8305 has now had its missing Lambton Worm branding applied to the off side.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Crusader - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 12:58 pm)Panasonic44 They did, but Nexus or GNE didn't ask people where they want the bus service to go and the only way to increase usage is to extend to South Shields and accept Crusader Weekly ticket.

I miss South Shields depot, they had better service & reliable services before it closed down. Sad

Why does it need to go to South Shields? everyone in hebburn has access to South Shields on the 27 or 88/88A

RE: Go North East - Latest - Crusader - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 2:20 pm)andreos1 A bus which serves their needs, going to Heworth, Gateshead Interchange etc or a bus which bypasses popular areas and skirts Newcastle inc places where queues of people are standing for a 27 or the first bus back to Hebburn?

The complaints about services came from Argyle street/Victoria road west etc where the 27A used to run. The bus survey in hebburn asked people from these areas where they wanted to go - they said Newcastle, not Gateshead. This is why the 27X runs direct to Newcastle and omits Gateshead, as residents said they didn't travel there!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Panasonic44 - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm)Crusader Why does it need to go to South Shields? everyone in hebburn has access to South Shields on the 27 or 88/88A

I think it does need it because it will help with 27X and more people will use it as a quicker way to instead of waiting for 27.

88/88A takes very long time to get to South Shields.

Also not everyboady was asked or surveyed about 27x.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 10 Jan 2014

6085 is the latest B9 to enter service

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 4:23 pm)Adam 6085 is the latest B9 to enter service

i now need to photo 6088/6090/6092 and 6097 once i do those 4 gonna find the red ones anyways also i noted today Highwayman, Loop and Quaylink all on 27 with a Nexus Bus Solo on 27X it was supposed to say 27X but instead it said X27 http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/11873310583/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 10 Jan 2014

More photos of Riverside depot, this time shared on Facebook by Steve Foster:
[Image: 1530305_10151827839346573_1914395499_n.jpg]

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 3:25 pm)GuyParkRoyal 8300 is out on 88 /88A today following its re-paint in to lilac.

8305 has now had its missing Lambton Worm branding applied to the off side.

8300 was done yesterday

(10 Jan 2014, 3:59 pm)Crusader The complaints about services came from Argyle street/Victoria road west etc where the 27A used to run. The bus survey in hebburn asked people from these areas where they wanted to go - they said Newcastle, not Gateshead. This is why the 27X runs direct to Newcastle and omits Gateshead, as residents said they didn't travel there!

If there is a small customer base, then take their needs into account, but look at growing the patronage, by having it serve a similar route to the 27 in Newcastle and Gateshead.

I wonder how many people let it go, because it doesn't stop at Gateshead?
Similarly, I bet there is a proportion of people who would get it home from the town, but won't go out of their way, when they can wait for a frequent 27.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 5:24 pm)andreos1 .

I bet not many, Gateshead is not the centre of the World unlike Fencehouses!

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 5:24 pm)andreos1 If there is a small customer base, then take their needs into account, but look at growing the patronage, by having it serve a similar route to the 27 in Newcastle and Gateshead.

Similarly, I bet there is a proportion of people who would get it home from the town, but won't go out of their way, when they can wait for a frequent 27.

Valid point about growing patronage. Just look at the 73 for a bad example of that. Everyone who has argued for a bus service stuck together in one ridiculous route that goes nowhere fast.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 10 Jan 2014

Is closing doors an issue with all Citaros or just 5289.
I saw it today at a bus stop, its doors were like half closed and then they reopened. They mustn't like closing Tongue

(10 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm)northtynelinks2 Is closing doors an issue with all Citaros or just 5289.
I saw it today at a bus stop, its doors were like half closed and then they reopened. They mustn't like closing Tongue

A few of the doors on the 4 play or have been playing up too.

They have a delayed reaction on the bells too

RE: Go North East - Latest - Panasonic44 - 10 Jan 2014

Does any know, where the rest of Mercedes have gone from 27? I have seen in last 2 days alot of different buses on including new optare veras.

I do wish they would swap with 45/46 buses with 27s hehe.

(10 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm)andreos1 A few of the doors on the 4 play or have been playing up too.

They have a delayed reaction on the bells too

Both problems are common with all batches of Citaros afaik.

(10 Jan 2014, 5:43 pm)Panasonic44 Does any know, where the rest of Mercedes have gone from 27? I have seen in last 2 days alot of different buses on including new optare veras.

I do wish they would swap with 45/46 buses with 27s hehe.

ominicities would be ideal but i think gateshead are satisfied with the ones on the 27 as they are now i've ridden on these plenty of times and live on the route the renowns on 27 were ok at first after a few months the you could tell they were old they always seem to have problems eg rattling too much even the ones that were cascaded to wear tees express they sounded they had a cow on as the engine roared

(10 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm)Bazza Houston ominicities would be ideal but i think gateshead are satisfied with the ones on the 27 as they are now i've ridden on these plenty of times and live on the route the renowns on 27 were ok at first after a few months the you could tell they were old they always seem to have problems eg rattling too much even the ones that were cascaded to wear tees express they sounded they had a cow on as the engine roared

I think the roar of the WTX batch sounds great. Sound-wise I'd say they're some of the best in the fleet. Can't say the same for performance but hey ho.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 10 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm)Bazza Houston ominicities would be ideal but i think gateshead are satisfied with the ones on the 27 as they are now i've ridden on these plenty of times and live on the route the renowns on 27 were ok at first after a few months the you could tell they were old they always seem to have problems eg rattling too much even the ones that were cascaded to wear tees express they sounded they had a cow on as the engine roared

Bazza I thought Cows "Mooowed" and Lions "Roarded", Or am I Mistaken

(10 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm)Adam Malarkey Bazza I thought Cows "Mooowed" and Lions "Roarded", Or am I Mistaken

they do but i was also thinking of a pun the sound of 4906 sounded like a cow but at least it was mooving but the roar came from the engine