North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 9:11 am)Michael Thank's Citaro - i'm rubbish at maths and wasn't sure what ran from what (like unbranded routes).

Will they still need that many spares though?

That sort of % is around the norm.

My maths is not the best either...but formula's in excel works wonders!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 9:14 am)citaro5284 That sort of % is around the norm.

My maths is not the best either...but formula's in excel works wonders!

Cheer's, it seems alot for the normal % of spares.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 11 Jan 2014

Olympian 3826 has been moved to Hexham, now awaiting the scrap man - its rear advertisement for The Sage (applied just before withdrawn) still remains.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 7:13 am)Greg in Weardale I've always thought the X3 should run Sunderland Fulwell Grange Seaburn Whitburn Cleadon and back onto existing route at East Boldon, thus giving Whitburn and Cleadon a direct service to Newcastle. Thus it could replace 558 between Seaburn and Boldon Colliery more or less.
I like this idea

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 11 Jan 2014

(10 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm)citaro5284 I bet not many, Gateshead is not the centre of the World unlike Fencehouses!

I suppose it depends where you want to be... if you want to be at Trinity Square for cinema or Tesco, then it's probably quicker than walking from Gateshead Interchange and about the same distance from Jackson Street. On the other hand, if you're wanting connections (e.g. Saltwell Park or Metrocentre), then it's probably not as good as the 'Crusader' 27.

(11 Jan 2014, 10:08 am)Dan Olympian 3826 has been moved to Hexham, now awaiting the scrap man - its rear advertisement for The Sage (applied just before withdrawn) still remains.

4840 and 8220 still on loan to Hexham. 8220 in service on 688s today.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 11 Jan 2014

I like the Myllenium Vykings, mai.ly because they are equipped with a voith gearbox. This results in a nice hum to the sounds of the vehicle which is not to disimilar to the hum of a Cummins L10 / Voith Olympian.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 8:28 am)Dan About eight, if not ten.

I caught 6 on Thursday, but i'm sure the were was more out than that though.

Rear of 4968, Think it needs to Rear sorting out as this in my opinion is simply awful as it has been like this for a few months now.

[attachment=5137]

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 11 Jan 2014

An un-id' B7 operating the X22 was pulled over on the hard shoulder of the A1 Western Bypass with a paramedic car, ambulance and highways agency traffic officer accompanying it at around 1 ish. No sign of RTC so I assume an ill passenger. Hope all was well

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 11 Jan 2014

I often wonder why all the SPDs (apart from 8289) follow the Midibus fleet numbers (82--) since they aren't actually midibuses. Or was it just to follow on from the MPDs before they got re-numbered to the 4--s and 5--s.

(11 Jan 2014, 9:03 pm)northtynelinks2 I often wonder why all the SPDs (apart from 8289) follow the Midibus fleet numbers (82--) since they aren't actually midibuses. Or was it just to follow on from the MPDs before they got re-numbered to the 4--s and 5--s.

I could be wrong, but I think the SPDs were designed to have the shell life of a midibus vehicle (12 years)?

(11 Jan 2014, 9:08 pm)Dan I could be wrong, but I think the SPDs were designed to have the shell life of a midibus vehicle (12 years)?

I'd say that's spot on Dan, Although 8220 for example has lasted for 16 Years.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northern156 - 11 Jan 2014

Services I was on today:
6095 0845 56 Newcastle - Sunderland
5301 0957 35 Sunderland - South Shields
3878 (SHED) 1054 50 South Shields - Chester-le-Street
6035 X21 1205 Chester-le-Street - Durham
6046 X10 1530 Middlesbrough - Gateshead
5219 X66 1655ish Gateshead - Metrocentre
6081 10B 1710ish Metrocentre - Newcastle Eldon Square

Sean

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 9:54 pm)northern156 Services I was on today:
6095 0845 56 Newcastle - Sunderland
5301 0957 35 Sunderland - South Shields
3878 (SHED) 1054 50 South Shields - Chester-le-Street
6035 X21 1205 Chester-le-Street - Durham
6046 X10 1530 Middlesbrough - Gateshead
5219 X66 1655ish Gateshead - Metrocentre
6081 10B 1710ish Metrocentre - Newcastle Eldon Square

Sean

You were on 3 different batches of B9's.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 9:08 pm)Dan I could be wrong, but I think the SPDs were designed to have the shell life of a midibus vehicle (12 years)?

Aha, I would of never thought of that, and plus the Darts can be quite unreliable so its about time they go.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm)northtynelinks2 Aha, I would of never thought of that, and plus the Darts can be quite unreliable so its about time they go.

Darts were always seen as midibuses as opposed to full-size heavyweight vehicles and SPDs were just large darts so would presumably have been expected to have the same, shorter life.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 11 Jan 2014

What someone said earlier the 9 should be centurion but update the brand abit give it more detail

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coastliner700 - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 1:44 am)ADLEnviro Forgive my knowledge of ancient roman history but what relevance would the brand 'centurion' have to the route of the 9???

On a lighter note I would Brand it the submarine or water womble.........time for one more JDs then bed I think.

The Centurian would only really include Wallsend which, the 9 no longer goes to. I couldn't see what was wrong with "Cross Tyne" it's just another example of a brand that GNE seemed inclined to let slip without warning and go buses another coat of unnecessary paint.

We've seen The Derwent Ranger, West Durham Swift, Doxford Clipper, Black Cats all vanish without warning or reason. Most of which, have stuffed quite a downgrade. There was no reason to discontinue West Durham Swift other than to get rid of the omnicitys which, appear to be returning...

Brand loyalty and recognition can only work it is relevant the 95/96 were once part of the highwayman before just been debranded no reason at all for it... The amount of money GNE use to reprint vehicle time and time again can't be helping their profits yes upgrade vehicles but pointless vehicle swaps??

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 12 Jan 2014

(12 Jan 2014, 2:46 am)Coastliner700 The Centurian would only really include Wallsend which, the 9 no longer goes to. I couldn't see what was wrong with "Cross Tyne" it's just another example of a brand that GNE seemed inclined to let slip without warning and go buses another coat of unnecessary paint.

We've seen The Derwent Ranger, West Durham Swift, Doxford Clipper, Black Cats all vanish without warning or reason. Most of which, have stuffed quite a downgrade. There was no reason to discontinue West Durham Swift other than to get rid of the omnicitys which, appear to be returning...

Brand loyalty and recognition can only work it is relevant the 95/96 were once part of the highwayman before just been debranded no reason at all for it... The amount of money GNE use to reprint vehicle time and time again can't be helping their profits yes upgrade vehicles but pointless vehicle swaps??

Whilst Stagecoach seems content to plod along steadily, not changing too much, and presumably doing OK, GNE is obsessed with change - timetables, brands, which buses are on which route, etc - often for no obvious reason and sometimes altered again a short time later. Perhaps it's only to justify the existence of management or an obsession with saving every penny, rather than establishing a stable NETWORK making a decent profit which is what Stagecoach seem to have done.