North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 25 Jan 2014

(25 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm)busman101 One of these type of trolleys........................

[Image: Star%20Shopping%20Trolley.gif]

So you got off the bus a stop early, cos you were concerned that a group of old biddies were too rowdy?

It isn't FPF policy to kidnap bus company employees and hide them in old biddy shopping trollies, incase you were worried about that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 25 Jan 2014

The thing with the FPF is, they get a hard time, but in reality there issue is not with us, the passengers, and as long as you keep your nut down, safe passage will be granted everytime, BUT poke them with a stick and the big dog will be let loose!!!

Avenue Vivian on the other hand, they are splinter group, there evil, there was not so well known case a few years ago where somebody was found in a back garden having been found under a mountain of Metro Newspapers, there presence is like that of certain dissident groups in Ulster, in that, they are there, they always will be, but have very little wipespread support, I was once told there M.O. is supposedly callously running over peoples feet with shopping trollies and mobility scooters, Although I have not got off a bus there to find out

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 25 Jan 2014

(25 Jan 2014, 9:23 pm)Davey Bowyer The 309 is doing really well just as it's about to get an upgrade. But, what could GNE do to boost passenger numbers between Blyth and Rake Lane travelling to between Station Road and Newcastle? Despite the new Omnicities in 2007, what kept the route ticking over until the changes in 2010 was the Cobalt. Now by looking at the timetable, the 308 is timetabled to take 32 (38 peak time) minutes to Rake Lane Hospital and the 309 is timetabled to take 36 minutes (42 peak time). But, the 308 contrary to what the timetable states, it actually takes about the 40 - 45 minute mark during the peak times and 33 minutes off peak. That's about the time the 309 takes and despite it doing so, passengers still have the perception that the 308 is faster than the 309 despite the 309 being at maximum, 3 or so minutes slower. GNE need to get some decent marketing out in the areas between Rake Lane and Blyth to make full use if the double deckers. They're very efficient with regards to ticketing and boarding and have a timetable in place that could cope with a full double deck and keep to time. Look at the Tynemet students. I remember getting the 308 one morning when I lived near Billy Mill a few year back and about nearly the whole bus got off at Willington Square and would've had to walk about 10 minutes to get to the back entrance. The 309 would've dropped them off right outside on B.Hill Drive within walking distance. The 309 is doing well but to make it even better, GNE need to improve the marketing east of Rake Lane to Blyth inparticular to really make a success out of it. They need to get the following reasons out to people why to use the 309:

- New Buses
- High back seating
- Free Wi-Fi
- Phone and Laptop charging points
- Next stop announcements
- Similar journey times to Arriva's 308
- Travel on 309, 310 and 58 (to Newcastle) for £3.65 per day or £12.50 per week
- Only 1 zone daily, monthly, weekly or yearly ticket required to Metro Centre if travelling from North Tyneside or Newcastle. Can be used on fast service TEN or any other service to Metro Centre from Eldon Square and or X66 from Gateshead. 2 zones required from Northumberland but no other tickets required.
- Cheaper daily and weekly travel on Service 309 if only using service 309 (people who'd normally only use service 308), particularly if going cross border into Seaton Sluice and Blyth. Saver also valid om 310 and 58 to Newcastle.
- Stops directly outside Tynemet.
- Students can apply for Get Around card and travel for as little as £3.65 per day or £15.40 when bought on the bus. Even cheaper if bought online.
- Cheaper single fares for Students who apply for Get Around card
- Wheelchair and buggy friendly with space for both.

You couldn't possibly market based on all of those points. It's overly confusing, and would disinterest people straight away. A lot of your bullet points are actually duplicate of one another, and GNE already put extensive marketing into some of those ticket choices - e.g. student tickets.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 26 Jan 2014

just a reminder the changes happen today 6100 should be out this week then the cobalt clippers

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 1:24 am)Bazza Houston just a reminder the changes happen today 6100 should be out this week then the cobalt clippers

6100 was out on Friday. Seen on the 865 in Durham.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 26 Jan 2014

Is the 29A still using Simplicity Versa's?

RE: Go North East - Latest - N1cholas - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 10:09 am)Michael Is the 29A still using Simplicity Versa's?

yes I seen a simplicity versa on the 29a an hour ago

(26 Jan 2014, 10:57 am)Nicholas Perry yes I seen a simplicity versa on the 29a an hour ago

=), Thanks.

Wonder how many people are sitting waiting for the 26A today.

Along with rest of the changes from tomorrow.

Count down is on for the next lot of changes! haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 11:01 am)Michael =), Thanks.

Wonder how many people are sitting waiting for the 26A today.

Along with rest of the changes from tomorrow.

Count down is on for the next lot of changes! haha

Unlike the previous set of changes, I have high expectations for these changes.

(26 Jan 2014, 11:52 am)Tom Unlike the previous set of changes, I have high expectations for these changes.

Same, looking forward to seen how the changes plan out, only service which might fall to changes again is the X3, since its route has completely being cut down.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 26 Jan 2014

Does anyone have any idea whether or not the first run from Blyth (0607) is going to be a double decker or not? I might sacrafice my lift of Dad Tomorrow morning and try the new buses out.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 11:58 am)Davey Bowyer Does anyone have any idea whether or not the first run from Blyth (0607) is going to be a double decker or not? I might sacrafice my lift of Dad Tomorrow morning and try the new buses out.

I'd wait until later in the week, there probably won't be very many out tomorrow.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 11:58 am)Davey Bowyer Does anyone have any idea whether or not the first run from Blyth (0607) is going to be a double decker or not? I might sacrafice my lift of Dad Tomorrow morning and try the new buses out.

I suggest you just get a lift off your dad. :p

Does anyone know if GNE are announcing their moving in to their new depot because it seems a big move for the company.

Like papers and on Facebook etc?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 12:09 pm)Michael Does anyone know if GNE are announcing their moving in to their new depot because it seems a big move for the company.

Like papers and on Facebook etc?

They did briefly cover Riverside in a recent post on their blog regarding the Cobalt Clipper - see here.

(26 Jan 2014, 12:11 pm)Dan They did briefly cover Riverside in a recent post on their blog regarding the Cobalt Clipper - see here.

Thought they would of being abit more info etc with it being a big move for the company.

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 26 Jan 2014

Is the Riverside Depot going to run alongside existing depots, or is it a merger(Sunderland Road/Saltmeadows and Winlaton)...

Forgive me, I dont have the best memory

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 26 Jan 2014

(25 Jan 2014, 9:43 pm)andreos1 So you got off the bus a stop early, cos you were concerned that a group of old biddies were too rowdy?

It isn't FPF policy to kidnap bus company employees and hide them in old biddy shopping trollies, incase you were worried about that.

Who said they where biddies & there was 5 of them, 3 with trolleys - had visions of Paul Daniels getting on at the top stop in Chester with a chain saw, hence I got off !!!

(26 Jan 2014, 12:22 pm)fozzovmurton Is the Riverside Depot going to run alongside existing depots, or is it a merger(Sunderland Road/Saltmeadows and Winlaton)...

Forgive me, I dont have the best memory

Merger with Sunderland Road and Winlaton and will hold up to 170 buses.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 26 Jan 2014

(26 Jan 2014, 12:23 pm)busman101 Who said they where biddies & there was 5 of them, 3 with trolleys - had visions of Paul Daniels getting on at the top stop in Chester with a chain saw, hence I got off !!!

Who else apart from old biddies would be seen dead with an old biddie shopping trolley like?