North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 2:39 pm)Adam Malarkey Just while we are on Topic of the 29, would it be worth swapping the 3 Solars with 3 Merits from The Riverside Depot to then have the 29 operated by pretty much the same Vehicle Type.

No - that size of vehicle is required for scholars.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 8:10 am)Dan To confirm, 5347 will be out in service on X66s today. It is currently at Newcastle on the 11A.

Managed to get a shot of this in service, just before it started raining.

[Image: 12206058543_fc7c7d8704.jpg]

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 2:43 pm)Dan No - that size of vehicle is required for scholars.

I see, well rules my little thought out then

(29 Jan 2014, 8:15 am)Tom Anyone know where 5250/53/54/73 will be going? I doubt they will be going to Stanley for the X30/X31 because that requires four vehicles. Any suggestions anyone?

I'm thinking 5247/48/49/50 with 5253/54 and 5273/74 will go to Crook for the X21, Then 5331/33/34 and 35 will go to Peterlee for the X7, 5336 will go to Riverside for Blaydon Racers. 5337/38 could go to Washington/Deptford as allocated spares for the 4/Silver Arrows.

This would then lead to the Presidents currently on the X21 replacing various Olympians in the fleet, and 4906/07/08/09 going to Percy Main for the 9. As for the X30/X31/X70/X71, Put that down for Investment of New Vehicles later This Year.

(29 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm)Adam Malarkey I'm thinking 5247/48/49/50 with 5253/54 and 5273/74 will go to Crook for the X21, Then 5331/33/34 and 35 will go to Peterlee for the X7, 5336 will go to Riverside for Blaydon Racers. 5337/38 could go to Washington/Deptford as allocated spares for the 4/Silver Arrows.

This would then lead to the Presidents currently on the X21 replacing various Olympians in the fleet, and 4906/07/08/09 going to Percy Main for the 9. As for the X30/X31/X70/X71, Put that down for Investment of New Vehicles later This Year.

The whole idea behind Crook not receiving the former Cobalt Clipper Citaros is that single deckers would leave people behind - the service requires double decker vehicles.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm)Adam Malarkey I'm thinking 5247/48/49/50 with 5253/54 and 5273/74 will go to Crook for the X21, Then 5331/33/34 and 35 will go to Peterlee for the X7, 5336 will go to Riverside for Blaydon Racers. 5337/38 could go to Washington/Deptford as allocated spares for the 4/Silver Arrows.

Nice idea! Smile

But I agree with Dan about the capacity of the X21! Maybe the Omncities will go to Peterlee for the X7? And then 5331/32/33/34/35/36/37 go to Riverside for the ''Toon Link'' services, which will allow 5144/45/46/47/48/49/50 to be withdrawn?

(29 Jan 2014, 4:03 pm)Tom Nice idea! Smile

But I agree with Dan about the capacity of the X21! Maybe the Omncities will go to Peterlee for the X7? And then 5331/32/33/34/35/36/37 go to Riverside for the ''Toon Link'' services, which will allow 5144/45/46/47/48/49/50 to be withdrawn?

I think I will go with what has been suggested by our GNE insiders a hundred and one times.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:05 pm)Dan I think I will go with what has been suggested by our GNE insiders a hundred and one times.

What's that lol - I can't remember?

(29 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm)Tom What's that lol - I can't remember?

1x Blaydon Racer
4x Wear Tees Xpress
2x Unknown (but we've assumed Laser or 'red spare' - the latter option being more realistic given it would probably be the two 06-reg ones).

(29 Jan 2014, 4:08 pm)Dan 1x Blaydon Racer
4x Wear Tees Xpress
2x Unknown (but we've assumed Laser or 'red spare' - the latter option being more realistic given it would probably be the two 06-reg ones).

But then what will happen with the red omnicities?

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm)Tom But then what will happen with the red omnicities?

Possibly X30/X31/X70/X71? If not then they might displace a few Renowns.

(29 Jan 2014, 3:49 pm)Dan The whole idea behind Crook not receiving the former Cobalt Clipper Citaros is that single deckers would leave people behind - the service requires double decker vehicles.

News to me, As from what I recall from before Christmas it was Unconfirmed and I haven't seen or Read anything in regards to the X7 or X21 since as to whether they'd get the Citaros off the Cobalt Clipper, To be honest though in the Few Times I have used the X21 it's only been Busy between Newcastle and Durham, Onwards to Bishop Auckland I would say Passenger Numbers vary through the Day. I'm sure PDiddy could tell us whether the X21 requires Double Deckers or Not. Could always put 5337/38 on the X21 also at Peak Times to cope with Passenger Demand from Durham University.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)northtynelinks2 Possibly X30/X31/X70/X71? If not then they might displace a few Renowns.

I'ts pointless sending them to Stanley for the X30/X31/X70/X71 when it doesn't make up the required PVR.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm)Tom But then what will happen with the red omnicities?

We've said for months that they're heading to Stanley for the West Durham Swift network - whether this is the X30/X31 or X70/X71, nobody knows. While most people (including myself) have suggested the former option, the latter certainly seems more realistic given that the PVR would match the vehicles transferring... But who knows?

(29 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)Adam Malarkey News to me, As from what I recall from before Christmas it was Unconfirmed and I haven't seen or Read anything in regards to the X7 or X21 since as to whether they'd get the Citaros off the Cobalt Clipper, To be honest though in the Few Times I have used the X21 it's only been Busy between Newcastle and Durham, Onwards to Bishop Auckland I would say Passenger Numbers vary through the Day. I'm sure PDiddy could tell us whether the X21 requires Double Deckers or Not. Could always put 5337/38 on the X21 also at Peak Times to cope with Passenger Demand from Durham University.

It's only been said a good ten times or so. That line must be catching up to my 'depot standardisation' line! Rolleyes

For the record, "Rob" hinted at the Wear Tees Xpress receiving the former "Cobalt Clipper" branded vehicles again the other day... See post here.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:20 pm)Dan It's only been said a good ten times or so. That line must be catching up to my 'depot standardisation' line! Rolleyes

Yes I have seen it mentioned numerous times, but this information to my knowledge hasn't been confirmed by one of NEB's GNE Representatives has it, Whenever myself or the others have stated that "The Citaros are going on the X7/X21" One of the GNE Representatives have replied with "Are They", which then leads to Members like myself not knowing whether or not They Are/Are Not going onto the Suggested Services to Displace other Vehicles, It's no wonder the same Question gets asked my Members over and over again, over the course of the past few months, as we haven't been given a Fully Confirmed Answer. It's simply been If's/But's and Maybe's till Now in my opinion.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:31 pm)Adam Malarkey Yes I have seen it mentioned numerous times, but this information to my knowledge hasn't been confirmed by one of NEB's GNE Representatives has it, Whenever myself or the others have stated that "The Citaros are going on the X7/X21" One of the GNE Representatives have replied with "Are They", which then leads to Members like myself not knowing whether or not They Are/Are Not going onto the Suggested Services to Displace other Vehicles, It's no wonder the same Question gets asked my Members over and over again, over the course of the past few months, as we haven't been given a Fully Confirmed Answer. It's simply been If's/But's and Maybe's till Now in my opinion.

Was Rob's post three days ago not good enough?

As far as I can remember, none of our GNE representatives have ever said "Are they?" in regards to the Wear Tees Xpress receiving the former Cobalt Clipper branded vehicles - just the Pronto.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:20 pm)Dan For the record, "Rob" hinted at the Wear Tees Xpress receiving the former "Cobalt Clipper" branded vehicles again the other day... See post here.

A "Hint" isn't Confirmation though is it, Rob has merely again "Suggested" that the WTX will receive Citaros once the B9's have entered Service at Percy Main, which has been Suggested Numerous Times over past Few Months. I would say that is good example of an Answer not been Fully Given, which again leads to Members wondering Are They/Are They Not going on the Suggested Service.

I do apologize if it seems as though I'm been a Pain in the Backside about this and being Argumentative, I'm not, I'm simply giving my Opinion on the Matter.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 29 Jan 2014

(29 Jan 2014, 4:31 pm)Adam Malarkey Yes I have seen it mentioned numerous times, but this information to my knowledge hasn't been confirmed by one of NEB's GNE Representatives has it, Whenever myself or the others have stated that "The Citaros are going on the X7/X21" One of the GNE Representatives have replied with "Are They", which then leads to Members like myself not knowing whether or not They Are/Are Not going onto the Suggested Services to Displace other Vehicles, It's no wonder the same Question gets asked my Members over and over again, over the course of the past few months, as we haven't been given a Fully Confirmed Answer. It's simply been If's/But's and Maybe's till Now in my opinion.

I can see where you are coming from.

If someone misses a 'hint' or cant read between the lines, then no wonder some people are unaware.
The fact (as we repeatedly hear on the forum or see in real life), that plans can change - is also going to add to speculation, confusion or people being unaware of goings on.

(29 Jan 2014, 4:41 pm)Adam Malarkey A "Hint" isn't Confirmation though is it, Rob has merely again "Suggested" that the WTX will receive Citaros once the B9's have entered Service at Percy Main, which has been Suggested Numerous Times over past Few Months. I would say that is good example of an Answer not been Fully Given, which again leads to Members wondering Are They/Are They Not going on the Suggested Service.

I do apologize if it seems as though I'm been a Pain in the Backside about this and being Argumentative, I'm not, I'm simply giving my Opinion on the Matter.

The thing is, we're lucky to even receive hints as to what the future fleet position will be... The hints aren't particularly difficult to work out, and it's pretty much explicitly said to us what will happen.

Given that such details aren't meant to make their way to the enthusiast community, they'd be putting their arses on the line just to please enthusiasts who want to know all of the details of the future fleet position? Hints are good enough, and I think we should be appreciative of what we have.